Can we justify why we nuked Japan near the end of WWII?

Can we justify why we nuked Japan near the end of WWII?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg0-fph1Vg
strawpoll.me/12817121/r
youtube.com/watch?v=of0m7yNYs80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah. They started it, so fuck them!

They wouldn't surrender and invading japan would have resulted in 100s of thousands of allied lives lost. Also the war wouldve continued for at least a few more years. Americas focus on Japan would give the Nazis better odds on the western front against the rest of europe.

hope that helps lad

Nah killing innocent people really isn't cool imo and now the world is full of nukes. Sucks man

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were valid military targets, and a land invasion would have caused innumerably more casualties on both sides and in the European theatre.

Yeah, blowing shit up is really cool. Makes us feel like real men even if we only have three-inch dicks.

See these:
Also, they were already literally killing themselves just ramming planes into people, not like they valued life all that much anyways.

>Can we justify why we nuked Japan near the end of WWII?

No. Japan was ready to surrender. They wanted the Emperor left alone. The US wanted to see what its new toy could do. And so we decimated two Japanese cities. Inexcusable.

Not really but it was pretty dope

It was more than fair and better than they deserved considering their widespread use of biological weapons on the Chinese.

Which click bait feminist shithole did you drag this fake news from. Lurk Sup Forums more you fucking retard. Who posts this shit to Sup Forums

But if we didnt drop the fitst nuke (the Little Boy) then would have they even try to surrender?

Are you ridiculous
They insulted us everytime we offered a chance for them to surrender
They had every opportunity to surrender and they never did. Even when we told them we had the bomb, they still ignored us.

Killing civilians is a war crime. Especially with WMDs.

If you do a quick google you'll learn that we were at war with them at the time

I lurk Sup Forums and would never advise anyone to go there. It's a an echo chamber for retarded right wingers and their "alternative facts".

Yes. We won. Lesson: Don't fuck with us.

field test.
projection of force.

I'll just drop this here
Https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg0-fph1Vg

War doesn't need justification because sovereign states are in the state of nature.

Anything is valid

They didn't though. Americans started the war by creating a embargo on Japan

I think is was around 1944 when Peral Harbor occurd and thats when America joined th war

they had surrendered, it got 'stalled' in the chain of command.

The recent and ongoing NATO use of Depleted Uranium munitions has far worse and much longer lingering effects than the two bombs dropped on Japan. USA was justified in comparison to NATO's current widespread WMD use.

Actualy, the jews won.

Japan had very little interest on America

01001001 01100110 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01101001 01110100 00100000 01101101 01100101 01100001 01101110 01110011 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01110010 01100101 00100000 01100001 00100000 01100110 01100001 01100111 01100111 01101111 01110100 00100000 01100001 01101110 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 00100000 01101010 01110101 01110011 01110100 00100000 01110111 01100001 01110011 01110100 01100101 01100100 00100000 01111001 01101111 01110101 01110010 00100000 01110100 01101001 01101101 01100101 00100000 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101000 01101001 01110011 00101110
> NORTH KOREA NUCLEAR LAUNCH CODES

Translation: it's an echo chamber that disagrees with my own echo chambers so it should be avoided or ignored.

It must be a strange feeling to be thoroughly convinced that you are correct and that every opposing viewpoint, however elegantly or inelegantly expressed, is simply incorrect. I imagine this is what being religious feels like too.

They had to be taught a lesson after Pearl Harbour.

We tried stopping anime...it didnt work

Sup Forums is different though.

People with different opinions will be either insulted or ignored. Especially after the retards from the_donald immigrated there

Dude you use right wing blogs as your sources and call the main stream media liars because you think they're in some kind of jewish conspiracy with le evil government. That's pretty retarded.

> Inexcusable

funny. your very way of and quality of life is a result of this display of force for world dominance. hypocrite.

Those were the first WMDs ever used on that scale, user.

The laws weren't fully in effect then.

But they were after.

The jewish conspiration is one of the few things the Sup Forumstards had it right.

The amount of jews in the US government is annormal

Which was the response to their invading China. So again, they started it. Fuck them!

Life is all one big game. And killing people is required for our world to excel. Without war our world would be much less technologically advanced and just plain boring. People like you are the ones who don't see the big picture, and are a general nuisance to our worlds improvement.

Well for starters we probably wouldn't have nearly as many good TV shows

LOOOOOL SHILL HARDER.

Take ur PSYOPS somewhere else noone is listening to you cuckboi

You sound like you're fresh off the boat from tumblr or something

The reasons for bombing Japan were largely pragmatic, so in a sense yeah. Had we gone ahead with a direct invasion, both sides would have suffered major loss of life, totaling far more than those who died as a result of the bombing.

Was it a good moment in human history? I wouldn't say so.

Was it the right decision in the long-run? I'd say so, as the lesser of the two evils.

>your very way of and quality of life is a result of this display of force for world dominance
It's not. In two centuries the US never had a legit reason to start a war.

Most of the times they spent far more money than received.

>being this delusional

US is not China.

That was exactly what I was talking about

>Sup Forumstards thinks they're the majority

I also liked how you used three of your stupid meme words in such a short post.

>ever used on that scale

My way of life does? Really? I don't see it that way. Something that affected my way of life in the US was supporting Israel in 1973 and gas prices rising as a big FUCK YOU from OPEC. No one makes that connection, however. The US economy tanked after that. THANKS, ISRAEL!

Yes it was to show the russians who the boss was. Also we needed to have a usa frendly japan which would not have happened if the commies took over japan

>ad hominem

Typical Sup Forumstard behaviour.

He's probably one of these newfags on Sup Forums(that become the majority a few months ago).

They're the only ones dumb enough to accuse someone of being a shill

Hideous. Don't forget the Tokyo firebombings.

They wanted to dictate the peace and keep what land they had taken. ALSO
kys

War is fine but nuking innocent people isn't. Theres a huge difference.

Joke is on us, Japan rebuilt these two cities into beautiful prosperous places, and the US is left with cities like Cleveland and Detroit.

You do something I don't like and fail to change it when asked then I'm not obligated to sell you a damn thing. Same as between US and Japan at the time.

But of course you know all this and are just trolling.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bHg0-fph1Vg

>don't mess with mah freedoom hurr durr

to end what could have been the beginning of a better timeline. deny it as much as you like you know it would have been better if you'd allied with the nazis.

IT IS

> In two centuries the US never had a legit reason to start a war

economics/slavery?

>they spent far more money than received

uhh,no. not in the long run, not even close.

all U.S. wars have been over money, how do you think they ended up where they did in the second half of the 1900s?

strawpoll.me/12817121/r

You see the irony in your post right?

They started it. Fuck 'em

First off we didn't "nuke" anyone. We dropped an atomic bomb on them. And yes, it was justified because the death toll of a full scale invasion of Japan by the Americans would have been astronomical for both sides. The Japanese had already shown that they would fight to the death and would never surrender. On Okinawa they trained women and children to use bamboo spears to attack and kill American GIs. The fighting was brutal.

The only thing that could and did snap them out of their Imperial Japanese bullshit was the unleashing of the power of the sun upon them. Ironic because of the lineage of the Emperor.

Also, the Japanese are not victims. They like to pretend that they are and western liberals love to feed into that nonsense. The Imperial Japanese Army murdered over 30 million civilians in China. On top of that, they performed medical experiments which go far beyond those performed by the Nazis. Look into Medical Unit 731. Look into the Rape of Nanking.

The Japanese weren't innocent by any stretch of the imagination. They even published tales of their wartime atrocities in their newspapers back home where people were in full support thanks to their Imperial Shinto indoctrination.

Embargos were(and still are) considered a declaration of war

bullshit
1234loginadminabc
themoreyouknow.jpeg

Unit 731
Nanking
They were sick. It stopped the war.

Killing innocents is a great thing actually. It's called a power play. If someone kills 1million people for example in a matter of seconds. That nation must give in or face a full rebellion by their people. That's just how our current social structure works generally speaking.

never said they didnt deserve it--war isn't about that. just responding to the previous anons post about 'scale' of previous attacks...thanks for your two cents though, maybe you should read the thread...

Don't forget about the cannibalism. Google Yoshio Tachibana

that's binary code

>"war is fine"

We'll see if you are still saying that when they kick down your door and shoot you in the face. Or when they draft you to go get blown up in some shithole mudslime country. Or when someone gets fed up enough to start throwing nukes at the west and you end up as nothing but a charred spot against a wall..

War is most certainly not fucking fine. There are far better methods of population control. You have simply fallen for the agenda at hand, hook line and sinker. A direct result of war-mongering propaganda.

>uhh,no. not in the long run, not even close.
How not? US is in debt and will probably increase it even more to sustain the war on Syria(which is to give the Golan heights to Israel)
>all U.S. wars have been over money, how do you think they ended up where they did in the second half of the 1900s?
But not wars for money that benefited americans, only the ones that benefited a few (((corporations).

US ended as a superpower mostly because they gave loans to the nations in War during the war, and to reconstruct them afterwards.

? this is contradictory to a retarded degree. dead is dead. civilians die in war.

They are not. Embargoes are the same as economic sanctions, just from a time that people had some education and understood what the word meant.

Blockade is an act of war and is not the same as an embargo

Hiroshima vs. Cleveland.... which side really won

USA was part of the League of Nations at time, and they considered embargoes as a act of war

>Americans thought that a land invasion would be a slow meatgrinder
>the Soviets just steamrolled the Japanese army at Khalkhin Gol, so the US feared that at least a part of Japan would come under Soviet influence if they wouldn't surrender quickly
>demonstrating the nukes helped keep the Soviets in check right after the war
And 2 nukes were necessary, the Japanese would not go down easily. Even when the Emperor proclaimed their surrender, some of the officers almost managed to prevent him from doing so and continuing the war.

That kind of self reflection is too much for the average libtard

I'm all for population control on a large scale, but war is not about that. War is about flexing a nations greatness, kick starting economies, making scientific strides, and beating others into submission. War is required in this world. People are just forgotten pawns In a large scale strategy game called life.

Spew all the bullshit you want. You tipped your hand with that filename, kiddo.

>USA was part of the League of Nations at time,
No it wasn't. Blatant lie. We're done here.

you need to study history (independently) and look at the big picture, if your lack of education will allow you to make the connections necessary to do so.

> US is in debt

this equals more war historically, look at what's happening now, they'll either end up on top or again end up destroyed.

>not wars for money that benefited americans, only the ones that benefited a few (((corporations)

yeah and no one has ever benefited from the goods and services of corporations (see: your ENTIRE way of life)

>ended as a superpower mostly because they gave loans to the nations...

if you think anything as complex as this can be explained as easily as this, that explains a lot about your cognitive dissonance/brainwashed state...

it is beyond regrettable that modern schools are 'teaching' people what to think instead of how to think.

America was basically sick of losing troops and so targeted two major Japanese cities (Hiroshima and Kokura, although Kokura was spared due to the weather and Nagasaki was targeted as a plan B) and bombed them with the Fat man and Little boy bombs.

>being this retarded

Life is what we make it. I'm not a cynic. I eat cynics like you for breakfast. I haven't had my morning coffee yet though, so I think I'll let this one go.

But for what its worth, you are just spouting more propaganda. All of those things can be accomplished in other ways besides military excursions. The worldview you espouse is an archaic one full of fault and as such needs to be eradicated to make way for a world we might actually want to live in. That or die trying.

lmfao i've missed this meme

Justifying it is an opinion. Japan shoulda stayed away from germany though. When we dropped the bomb it was speculated it would ignite our atmosphere and destroy way more. Were so fucking crazy we did it anyways

Germany only started bombing civilian centers after Britain did it to them. So in true sense the Britain started first and the Germans never firebombed entire cities to the ground four times in two days, also all cities the Germans attacked held some strategic significance. Dresden had nothing except wounded people that threw a party.

The whole "America didn't want to lose more troops" thing is propaganda.

Japan was ready to surrender before they were nuked, so long as they could keep their emperor. America demanded unconditional surrender, nuked them, and then allowed them to keep their emperor. He was no longer the head of state, but it was a compromise between the surrender that Japan wanted and the Surrender that America wanted that America could easily have tried to make beforehand.

The U.S. nuked Japan so that the Soviet Union would see the power of their new weapon.

> I think I'll let this one go
proceeds to write next paragraph
>spouting more propaganda
followed by
>needs to be eradicated...That or die trying.
>or die trying
so, let me get this straight? you want to end all wars and the very idea of them, with war?

there's a video of historian David Irving explaining this and explaining further why they went ahead with it. basically they needed a live test to see what it was capable of.

youtube.com/watch?v=of0m7yNYs80
>ignore the video annotation pop-ups that claim nukes can't real

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both valid military targets, containing things such as, ports, shipyards and dry docks for ships, military barracks, ammunition depots, factories manufacturing war materials, training bases and communication hubs.

Whoops didn't mean to quote that guy.

they were kamikaze
they joined the Nazis
They needed to be brought to heel
it was for peace.

>Also the war wouldve continued for at least a few more years. Americas focus on Japan would give the Nazis better odds on the western front against the rest of europe.

Hitler committed suicide on the 30th of April 1945.
The Soviets captured Berlin on the 2nd of May 1945.
Nazi Germany surrendered unconditionally on the 8th of May 1945.
The United States dropped atomic bombs on the cities of Hiroshima and Nagasaki on the 6th and 9th of August 1945 respectively.

no shit, why are you telling me (this is also my post). you should be telling all these dummies that are saying they would never have surrendered.

>REEEEE nazi's were ebil!!!!!!11111!!!11!!1
learn to history, cunt

Simple
Had nukes
Wanted to use nukes
Used nukes

no you cant lul

i linked that post becuase it was relevant, further expanding and giving supporting evidence of what you were saying

This. You don't want casualties, don't fucking invade half of Europe

Not everyone thinks the only way to solve a problem is violence as you seem to believe.