Prove to me that science isn't just another religion

Prove to me that science isn't just another religion.

It has its priesthood who cannot be questioned
People who question it are vilified and called heretics
It has unprovable and made-up stories of our origins
Most of it is unprovable and requires faith

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12817121/r
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Compares Priests who will have you murdered for saying some shit to guys who can actually say some shit

Bait. Sage

This is bait but truth is I'm really bored, so...
Hi, here is your answer.

Good bye.

Bate harder faggot. Sage

strawpoll.me/12817121/r

>It has its priesthood who cannot be questioned
What is the scientific method
>People who question it are vilified and called heretics
>It has unprovable and made-up stories of our origins
>Most of it is unprovable and requires faith
What is poor bait

I wouldn't call it science. I'd call it Liberalism. As an example. Bill Nye isn't a scientist. He's a Liberal.

OP is 100% correct.

>applying religious logic to science and then complaining it doesnt make sense

Well what did you expect nigger

The Science community has been infiltrated by Government Agendas, Federal Subside Whores, And Leftist Retards.

>Bill Nye is a sellout. He's a hack and a fraud. He's a mechanical engineer who gave up his day job to pursue his comedy career. And that was before he got his television show when we were kids. Now he's completely sold out to the leftist agenda and is pushing gender spectrum nonsense. Not to mention his rant about California's economy.

Literally religionfags cannot even fathom reasoning outside of their brainwashing, this is expected

I gave up science, when I read a peer reviewed treatise on the necessity for the world to switch to 'outcome based' science.
It was a scholarly work, purporting to be world salvation.
They are probably teaching this today.
This thread needs more hate/discontent.

>Prove to me that science isn't just another religion.

You posted on a world-wide network of interconnected computers instead of just praying your message into our minds.

It doesn't have to be another religion but it's become that way in the US. They can't help themselves, though, they tried to expunge religion from life which is unnatural so it's got to come out somewhere.

Yea, that's not how the world works.

> 1 article drove you away from science

The whole point of science to have multiple sources of research and information. To disagree. Literally everything is about minimizing doubt, not "confirming" anything. Why do people treat science like it is a homogeneous body? Oh right, religion

i agree wholly op, science has as much dogma as religion, people cont question anymore it's just information from authority like a church, out of trust

there are massive financial interests which shape the scientific landscape, science isnt open or honest, but like everything else has profit and money as the key motivator behind most journals/research etc

>See, the problem with you atheist retards is. You can't understand that Religion is very much a part of culture.

That just because a person subscribes to a religion doesn't mean that person is a blind fool who takes everything literally. And can't think or even fathom beyond the imaginary constraints you've constructed in your own mind.

What part of outcome based did you not understand?
When the validity of scientific endeavor depends wholly on a desired outcome, I am out of here.

All these are the literal opposite of science and the scientific method.

>Most Atheists are blinded by their hatred for that which they do not understand.

That just because past generations who have been proven wrong about many, many things. Doesn't mean that everything they believe or follow is wrong for every reason.

Disillusionment comes in stages. Just because you've stumbled upon something contradictory doesn't mean what has been contradicted is entirely wrong.

You're right. But Op isn't wrong either. The community has been tainted, and taken over by an anti-scientific agenda.

Bait thread is bait.

Weak bait

I really should just call it a political agenda. Since that's what it is. Just like Climate Change has been very much politicized. You can't politicize science. Once you do that it's not science anymore. It's just an agenda driven propaganda machine now.

I like to think of religiosity as a sort of litmus test for whether someone is or isn't a total fucking idiot

I agree.
Unfortunately, I now expect aliens will mow my lawn.
This thread is too rational, it's doomed.

This.

Science is still doing ok. It's popular science that's gone awry. Nobody is talking about facts, data, or methodology anymore and Bill Nye is becoming the figurehead for this. That new show is a travesty, especially if you grew up with the guy.

andrew wakefield, the phd behind one of the studies making false claims about vaccination ended up being rejected by the scientific community and losing his phd for falsifying data and taking money while doing so.

No scientist is untouchable. No scientist is unquestionable. They go by peer reviewed data, which is and should be questioned and challenged by everyone. And when it keeps being proven correct by rigorous examination, over and over again, it's accepted as true.

Religion on the other hand starts off with a conclusions and denies any criticism. It's based on authority, not on critical examination of evidence.

Where's my "BAIT" pic?

>Oh, here it is.

Do you trust others and their claims of aquired knowledge ?
Do you trust your senses ?
Do you trust your brain to picture reality as it is and not just as a simplified or wrong image of reality ?
Do you think your perception doesn't just orient around known patterns ?

Doubt is everything in life. To get somewhere you'll have to start to believe in something at some point. The difference to religion is the point of blind belief which may or may not exist on both sides. Ultimately it doesn't matter what you think or believe in as long as you aren't an asshole to either side.

Science recently has the problem of capitalism and it's paid for results, making it untrustworthy.

why can't theists define science?

>Prove to me that science isn't just another religion.

Questioning established theories IS the basis of science.

No, they are called scientists.

Science does not talk about "why" the universe was created, just "how." It has the most "proof" available and seeks more constantly.

Most of it is provable in the sense that once you assume A to be true, B C and so on can be built upon that. Very often we can prove A (statistically speaking).

Anyone willing to observe scientific method is on equal terms or who you call 'the priesthood.'
Science actually promotes questioning. If people are criticized for their views while questioning science it's only because they haven't presented evidence of contrary.
Everything science provides is provable, however sometimes we find new evidence that builds on existing ideas.
I wish I was as strong as this guy, but I'll sign off knowing I probably helped some child finish their homework.

jesus op, you were posting about this 12 hours ago
who the hell is paying you?