Did you ever get scammed on ebay?

Did you ever get scammed on ebay?

Yeah but ebay has bulletproof buyer protection so no worries

Honestly never used it.

Never been scammed on Amazon either

thats what you get for using ebay faggot

No.

I use it all the time, too. Several items every two weeks.

>been on ebay over 15 years
Actually no. Been disappointed a couple of times but never ripped right off.

Never trust a Chinaman.

Yeah twice, over ten years ago.
Both times ebay told me that since the user either closed their account or didn't reply to their emails I was shit out of luck.
I've never used them since and will never even consider it.

yes, I bought a 32GB usb flask drive, I got a 8GB instead.

I've never had a shady purchase from ebay, but I have from amazon, shit that's nowhere near the picture, or shampoo that's leaking out of the box by the time it gets to my house, or a fucking book that takes 6 weeks to get to my house from the next state over. I trust ebay a lot more than amazon.

I saw a vid of a guy who bought a "500gb" flash drive that overwrites its own data and fools the computer into thinking it's 500gb.

sure you do you fucking neet. amazon customer service is top tier. I've had them refund things and just tell me to keep the item if it showed up wrong or damaged.

So amazon fucks your shit up, and you're such a cuck that it's okay with you having to deal with their customer service all the time. Fuck off, retard.

the few time in literally 8 years of using it. yeah, but this entire thread about how much ebay sucks.

They protect the buyer but will totally fuck sellers with their SNAD bullshit. Got robbed once will never be back.

Pretty sure it's about how awesome ebay is, and how much amazon sucks, user.
>you got the wrong memo

The best seller protection ever is taking tons of detailed pictures, explicitly stating in the ad that it's as is and no returns, and always ship with tracking. Yes there is still a possibility that you'll get screwed but it's doing absolutely everything you can to protect yourself.

I bought a micro SD card that was supposed to be 32GB but it turned out it was 128mb fake instead, It wasn't even that cheap it was in line with what you would expect to pay for a 32GB card so I don't use eBay for flash storage anymore.

Yes. Recently I was on the lookout for buying a new SSD and one seller on eBay who wad from China was offering an unbelievable deal on 500GB SanDisk SSD. He was selling £30 a piece. I pondered and eventually gave in and ordered the stuff and paid via PayPal. I was happy with my investment.

The next day, the sellers account was deleted and no where to be found. I contacted eBay and they refunded me the amount within 24 hours.

I promptly went to Amazon and got myself a Samsung Evo Pro from Italy for £149 + (extra £20 for a 2 year replacement guarantee)

Amazon itself never fucks things up that badly, you've probably been buying from some crappy chinese seller on there without checking. Since Amazon's also a marketplace.

But if something like that does happen, or even if your order is 2 days overdue, they'll send you a free replacement via premium shipping right after you contact them about it. And you even get to keep the original product if it's relatively cheap, maybe up to 20 or 30 bucks or more.

Other sellers on there might have a different service but all of those I've dealt with over the past year or more had about the same service as Amazon itself.

Literally the most convenient online store there is. But then I'm not American and have heard lots of negative stuff about Amazon US so far.

Did all that if the buyer just says it is not as described ebay will screw the seller. This buyer took the screen out of a laptop and all my auctions are as is. It does not matter at all. ebay will screw you.

Never buy RAM on eBay. China has flooded the market with fake sticks of ram and what you end up with some a cheap generic with a brand name sticker marked on it. Odds are good, just like the many fake USB drives it reports back being larger than it is.

Well, you gotta be pretty stupid to fall for that. They shouldn't have refunded you so you could learn from your mistake properly.

But what makes me wonder is how it's possible to delete your ebay account instantly if you still have unfulfilled orders.

Dude, USB sticks literally only cost a couple bucks, for a branded one. Why the hell would you choose a no name chinese one? To save a dollar or two? Not to mention computer stuff and anything else.

>make exact copy of reputable car dealership
>start selling cars
>after 3 cars, only taking $500 deposits with western union
>Close down eBay never do it again

Can this still be done? People were eager to "snipe" the cars and pay full over western union but I was to nervous to accept all of it.

you cant, that guy is lying.

I just bought a 128gb Samsung flash drive for $50AUD, which is the equivalent of about $35USD.

Well, my father had something similar happen since he buys everything off ebay. But I think in his case he waited at least 2 weeks before he even contacted the seller about it, or tried to. He's not the smartest and handled the whole thing rather poorly.

Still, the seller had already deleted his account at that point even though my father didn't check it off as completed or anything and so was having angry phone conversations with ebay cause they didn't wanna do anything about it.

So? Do you consider that expensive/cheap? What is it you wanted to say?

It's more than a couple of bucks.

Same shit

Bought a 1gb thumbstick. Shit turned out to be 512k or something.

Nope, I scammed some eBay sellers though.
I received a microphone boom arm on the date it said it would be, track and trace said package missing for whatever reason. I emailed the seller and my china friend said he sent another one which I received.
Sold it to a friend kek

Bought three phone covers for me and friends, picture didn't match the covers and I gave the seller negative rep and he said sorry and refunded me -- refunded me 6 dollars too much.

Other than that never got scammed, sometimes got some bad quality stuff but usually I get money back if I sent this small complaint mail. Been using it a lot for three years now.