So how old were you when you finally grew out of your atheist phase?

So how old were you when you finally grew out of your atheist phase?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I was an atheist from about 13-16

For me, I think around age 20 I grew out of being an atheist and became and antitheist.

I've never been an atheist.
I've been a so-called ''non practicing Christian'' in my late teens.
I got back to the true faith when 23.

I went from being a Christian, to being agnostic, to being atheist, to being sort of a pandeist.

God is the same thing nature/substance. God's "thoughts" are the individual consciousnesses of real beings. "God" isn't a particular god, but an absolute notion of reality that already constitutes us.

There's no evidence for a "personal god", so prayer is pointless. There is no evidence of an afterlife, so there's no reason to believe it.

Any christians (catholic, orthodox or whatever protestant x denomination you are) on facebook look up /re/ may help bring you back on the path to god.

>2017
>being deceived by the demiurge

I only believe in science. God is just a crutch for people not comfortable enough with there existence. Not saying that's a bad thing, I just don't need religion myself.

I went from believing in religion to realising it's all bull shit and started to believing in myself and relying on my own strength rather than some mystical power. Once you grow up and let that bull shit go, you feel so much more free and happy.

You might even say you feel....... euphoric.

Kek the "typical athiest" is obviously a satanist which is a religion.

In this moment, I am euphoric. Not because of some phony God's blessing, but because I'm enlightened by my own intelligence.

If you took every holy book, every holy book there’s ever been, every religious book, every bit of spirituality, and hid them or destroyed them… then you took every science book and destroyed that, in a thousand years’ time, those science books would be back exactly the same, because the tests would always turn out the same.

About 22

I realized that my contribution is not significant enough to change anything on a scale that truly matters. So, my new strategy is to nod and smile when people tell me dumb shit and then later I cut those people out of my life.

god was our first attempt to understand our existence, it made sense at the time as we had no evidence to back it up. We have moved on, it baffles me people still believe it.

I turned away from religion when I was 14. I was raised Christian until one day I asked myself why I belived in this certain religion when most of the world doesn't. I do however still like Christian values and they way we treat each other as a community. It's also hard to come out as a nonbeliever because I live in a very conservative small town and would most likely be shunned. But I basically just love my life the same way except I don't pray or go to church or anything like that.

if you killed off every race on earth, and ripped them all apart, in a thousand years time, those asians would be back exactly the same, because they all look the same.

when i realized i could die

>the older you get the more your brainpower decreases

really makes you think...

I part of the "I don't fucking care religion" and atheists are the biggest cocksuckers i have ever met

>So how old were you when you finally grew out of your atheist phase?
2. Maybe 3.

And around 13 when wisdom and knowledge followed intelligence, and I grew out of my theist phase.

So ignorant. Can people really be this dumb?

This is such a weak attempt to discredit people who don't believe in the supernatural.
>hehehe you must be euphoric. Am I right? Am I right, goize? I mean... religion isn't silly, right?

good argument m8 I r8 8/8

news.nationalgeographic.com/2016/04/160422-atheism-agnostic-secular-nones-rising-religion/
25% of adults don't practice religion or have agnostic/atheist views

With over 4k religion's in the world, how can anyone believe in one and only one is the right path. It's a popularity contest that can be shown by regions on a map of the world. Basically your surroundings typically determine what religion someone would believe. But with 4k options, the chances are astronomically against your religion being right. So just sit on the side lines and be a good person. If there is a god, it will understand.

Well, 4k is a bit too "modern" for me.

My religion is 1080p.

Ha! Good post

Gr8 m8 I r8 8/8 no h8

Worshipping ignorance is a religion too. Welcome to church.