Whats your favorite Godzilla movie and monster?

Whats your favorite Godzilla movie and monster?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=cR91SbzmCp0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fav movie: King Kong vs. Godzilla (gotta love Mr. Tako)
Fav monster: my nigga right here

bump

Favorite monster is king ghidorah

I'm kind of upset that they haven't made a modern version of him yet

shin gojira because its the only one that has this weird unease about him. the longer i look at the pictures the more i think the designers are fucking geniuses

second 2014 for the physicality

Yeah I liked 2014 design as well, made him seem gigantic which is what Godzilla is about

Movie: vs. Biollante
Monster: Chuck

Godzilla 1954 is my all time favorite. Favorite monster is probably Hedorah.

>Elvis
Explain

Dont know. Im assuming its because he's the "King" of the monsters.

Guiron is a QT

Gojira (1954)

Kiryu

1985 or Biollante.
Gurion cause he looks cool.

Favorite Kajiu Films
>Godzilla vs Biollante
>Gamera 3
>Gamera 2
>GMK
>The Return of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985
Favorite Godzilla Suits/designs
>Godzilla vs King Ghidorah
>GMK
>2014
>1989
>1984 (suit not cybot)
Favorite Kajiu
>Dagarah
>Bagan
>Gamera (90s)

same as this guy.

I can't make up my mind, but Biollante is definitely up there, both movie and monster.

favorite movie: Godzilla vs Hedorah tied with vs Mechagodzilla

favorite monster: Mothra (fite me u shits)

patrician godzilla taste tbqh

>liking "i always win" the character
shit taste tbqh

>no Biollante
>no Destroyah
dropped

Probably The Return of Godzilla for nostalgia reasons.

Mechagodzilla is pretty damn cool.

youtube.com/watch?v=o6qAIaqK3_Q

>favorite movie
Hedorah, because it's insane
>favorite monster
Gigan, because he's just an asshole

Godzilla vs Biollante

King Caesar.

You mean favorite movie other than Godzilla 1954? It's a tough one. It could be Mothra vs. Godzilla or one of the Heisei movies like Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla.

And a favorite monster other than Godzilla?
Probably this one.
youtube.com/watch?v=cR91SbzmCp0

>favorite movie
Ghidorah the Three-Headed Monster

>favorite monster
King Ghidorah

Watch the 90s trilogy of Mothra kino. She goes super saiyan and kills a stronger version of King Ghidorah in the last one.

Megalon

Megalon

Godzilla vs Biollante

Biollante

Favourite movie: GMK
Favourite Monster: Gigan

>Showa tribute
>bitch about lack of two Heisei monsters

gg

>King Caesar
wow I never thought I'd ever see some one liking king caesar, nevermind making him his favourite.

Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack is my favorite followed by Godzilla vs. MechaGodzilla II.

Favorite monster is King Kong.

>implying Gigantis was Anguirus
>"Robot" Kong instead of Mechani-
>dub names for the gargantuas, but not for Kumonga and Kamacuras
>referring to postGTTHM Ghidorah as Ghidrah

autism triggered tbqhwy

>The Return of Godzilla / Godzilla 1985

Why? It's a lesser version of Gojira (1954).

>Bagan

Why do you do this?

> Includes Godzilla vs Hedorah on his favorites

My man

>Why? It's a lesser version of Gojira (1954).
I like the G suit/roar/sets/effects/atmosphere/mood/military/much of the music better then 54.
Cast is solid also.

To be clear I am not saying its necessarily a superior film but I am saying its more of a favorite to me.

Reijiro Koroku definitely delivered a great score. One of my favorites in the series. But I can't rank it above Ifukube's work for the first film. And I agree the atmosphere was solid. But overall (IMO) it felt like an updated Gojira with almost all of the power and emotion taken out. Plus, I'm not particularly fond of Godzilla's design in that film. More than any other version, it really depends on which angle you're looking at him from. Sometimes he comes across as intimidating and others rather goofy.

>ywn be Muslim Solid Snake on a mission to steal G-cells while dropping one-liners in Engrish

y live

I like that character unironically. He's genuinely pretty cool.

Yeah the names are all fucked ad there's a bunch left out but I thought the designs were nice.

The end of this movie was very odd. Very rushed and casual.
Still better than the one in Godzilla vs. Megaguirus which almost ends mid-sentence.

Nah, the final fight with Biollante is sort of disappointingly short, but the ending is nice with the voice over. Really hate the Superman rip-off Supa X music though.

Megaguirus goes on too long after the fight (and it's tedious to see that suddenly it takes 5 whole minutes for G to destroy one building because the plot needs it), but I thought that end scene is cute.

>Filename
Kekzilla

should've been Saradia Oil Corporation tbqh, but your approval still means the world to me.

The only problem I had with the ending of Biollante is the abrupt optimistic music. It completely kills the mood.

What did she mean by this?

>More than any other version, it really depends on which angle you're looking at him from
Main issue is the suit & the Cybot had very different looks.
The Cybot's mouth is great, but his eyes are way too big & not angry enough compared to the suit's head.

Comparison.
Pic related is the suit... and....

This is the Cybot.

cybot did the dorsal plate arrangement better

not much else

Heisei overall is a success. 5 good movies and only 2 mediocre ones. Great music, special effects, old and new monsters, cast of regular human characters, a story with beginning and end.
Too bad about some of the fights though. I think only in Ghidorah and Destroyah they got more physical.

Probably Giant Monsters All Out Attack, and vs. Biollante.

As for monster? My favorite G-man design is 2014's, but otherwise, I really love the colors and crystals on SpaceGodzilla.

Disagree, I loved the plates being lower down on his back & being more numerous like the suit did.

The fangs & lips on the cybog are solid.

>5 good movies and only 2 mediocre ones

other way around

list them

Not him but...

G85 = great
GvsB = amazing
GvsKG = great
GvsM = meh
GvsMG = great
GvsSG = slightly better meh then the previous one
GvsD = great

> Heisei overall is a success. 5 good movies and only 2 mediocre ones.

Good: Godzilla vs Biollante
Okay: Godzilla vs King Ghidorah and Godzilla vs Destoroyah and Godzilla vs MechaGodzilla II
Forgettable or Meh: Return of Godzilla
Bad: Godzilla vs Mothra and Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla

and for comparison sake...
G2000 = very good
GxM = low meh
GMK = low amazing
GxMG = low good
SOS = low good
Final Wars = good

Biollante and GMK are the best things outside of the Showa Era. Godzilla 2000 is an honorable mention. Mothra, SpaceGodzilla, Megagurius, and Final Wars are bad.

>final wars better than the 3 previous movies
you really should drop whatever you're smoking. it's definitely bad for your health.

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah (1991) for me. The plot is pretty cool and the styling is actually pretty good. I thought the UFO design was way ahead of its time.

I feel like I need to watch both Biollante and GMK again because no matter how many times I do this I always feel they're overrated. Of the heisei movies I always liked Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla the best. Great story and music.

Reminder that nostalgia is blinding you and G2000 becomes borderline unwatchable after that genuinely great first 10 minutes. It's one of the dullest and most boring entries, and no, the pacing was shit in the murrican cut too.

Previous 2 movies, I said GMK was low amazing, while Final Wars is merely good.

The 2000s Mech Godzilla films are just stale & stiff to me. Final Wars was at least fun & energetic.

GvsMG is absolutely really damn good no question.

I will not deny nostalgia has a part as I did see it in theaters as a kid.
However.
I rewatched it very recently, and I think its fucking great all the way thru.
The mysterious surreal tone we get with the Alien craft is very cool, the military battle in the middle or so is fucking badass, and is added to alot by the large use of real tanks.
The

Has better military battles than anything surrounding it (aside from GMK), the cast is better than anything surrounding it (except for GMK), and monster fights are pretty great. The score and pacing were meh, but that was corrected in the American cut. How is it bad?

>godzilla vs hedorah
i watched it as a kid and i had no idea what the fuck was going on

guess i should give it a rewatch while on drugs, maybe the club scene will make more sense

Gojira, Destroy All Monsters, GMK

I love alot of monsters, Anguirus, Gorosaurus and Titanosaurus, I have a soft spot for giant monsters with no crazy beam attacks or anything like that. Destoroyah, any version of MechaGodzilla, Biolantte, and of course these two niggas right fucking here.

>tfw no hands.jpg