GAS

does Sup Forums like gas? what did you guys think about narkopop?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gRsUzx4N8VI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

we don't like it because anthony said it was bad :)

It's top 3 AOTY for me

also anyone who has listened to the albums previously should get the gas box versions, they sound amazing and a lot of tracks are extended

>anthony
who?

me too m8

narkopop is great! i think konigsforst remains my favourite though. a lot of variety in that album.

some youtuber Sup Forums seems to worship rated it a 2.
many people blindly follow whatever he likes for no reason

>some youtuber Sup Forums seems to worship rated it a 2
i was joking, i know about fandango, but fucking 2? doesn't he give meme albums 9s and 10s? i don't want to give him views, what didn't he like about it?

Absolutely amazing

I love everything on Kompakt also, to be fair

the only artists i know from that label besides wolfgang is the field, who i really like also. what else do you recommend from the label?

youtube.com/watch?v=gRsUzx4N8VI

what the fuck is he talking about. this is hard to watch

Lurk moar newfag

been here since 2012.

Then you should have know the answer by now , two weeks of shilling this shit daily

i've been away for a while, thanks for catching me up

The Pop and Total compilations are really worth getting into. Michael Immer too and also Superpitcher.

Has anyone ripped narkopop 11 yet? I have the vinyl but I'd really like to have a file for it so I can sleep to it.

Fuck it, it's a 2

Said it was repetitive. He sounded like someone who doesnt know what hes talking about

Lol fantano is an idiot. This is one of the few perfect albums to come out this year

yeah i watched it. it was bizarre honestly. like you don't have to review every album when you don't know shit. it was obvious he hadn't listened to any gas album prior to this review, just a quick listen to pop maybe. had no idea what the music is about.

Can you tell me what the music is about? I'm having trouble liking the album and I don't want people to think I'm a fantano drone.

When I was an edgy teenager I didn't want to listen to Voigt's Gas because I really liked Mat Jarvis' Gas so much. It was pretty naive that I didn't want to listen to Voigt just because he happened to have the same moniker as Jarvis. Nowadays I do listen to Voigt's Gas pretty much and I like Narkopop very much. I don't enjoy some songs like Narkopop 6, but as a whole the record is great.

>can't come up with a whole song so I'll just stretch a verse for 15 minutes: the "musician"

>verse
jeesus

i can't specifically, no. and if you don't like it it's completely fine. but what fantano is doing is criticizing voigt according to some non-existent standard and some baseless expectation he has of what his music should be like. again, he obviously has no idea what he's talking about, nor has he ever listened to a gas album before. probably saw that it was a talked-about album and said hey i gotta review that.

>and if you don't like it it's completely fine

No it's not. People think I'm just being a Fantano drone but that's not true.

just don't mention the album or post in threads related to it, then no one will know

nu-male techno

It's too late for that though. Everyone knows I'm a pleb now.

HAS. ANYONE. RIPPED. NARKOPOP. 11.

I WANT IT.

Is that a vinyl exclusive track or something?

>Buying extended versions of already too long tracks

>Buying
who said anything about buying, i said listening ;)

yeah.

crazy how it sounds like a sequel to pop, even though it's made 17 years later

*rips a big one*
Ooh, hehehe, excuse me user!!

actually kekd

>praises Pop
>gives Narkopop a 2
Did the man even listen to Pop? They really don't sound THAT much different

It was fun watching the album's rym rating plummet immediately after that review.

why do people give a shit about this guy again? if he was knowledgable and knew his shit i could understand but he's clearly not

why was this not in this compilation? does he not like this album?

Konigsforst is so warm and sunny. Easily his best.

Annoying af for an "ambient" album. Its more experimental if anything, i can barely listen to this because of all the obvious digital effects and weird compression.

Narko sounds like a pale imitation of Pop, it's not bad just feels kinda pointless.

Shame because Pop and the 2 records that preceded it are so good.

But he is

Let me start off by saying Narkopop was my first Gas album. I listened to Pop afterwards and was surprised by how much less I liked it. And yet, not really.

Pop is more of a traditional Ambient album, based around typical synth sounds and a typical Ambient structure, harmonically.

Narkopop is very different. It has static hum that rings its unconventional orchestral palette. The harmony is either dissonant and chromatic as in 2, or static and droning as in 7. It's a much more creative and involving album that has much more personality.

Reddit loves you two

no no no no no

typical synth sounds? are you crazy? pop is all looping field recordings and classical music samples playing themselves backwards and forwards at irregular intervals, intricately weaving in and out of each other in endless permutations like a living, breathing organism

you and anyone else are free to discard it as pretentious hipster bullshit or just due to personal preference but there are no "typical synth sounds" to be found anywhere on pop. personally i don't even know if you can classify it as typical ambient--melody is even more absent on pop than in most ambient music, sidelined in favor of the timbres of wind and water. pop is like chord progressions played by a forest

Narkopop 11 is just all of the other tracks together. Anyway it's on rutracker

>Mat Jarvis' Gas
better than anything Voigt has done

Eh, I don't necessarily enjoy to compare the two. While they're both ambient (well Jarvis is more "chill out" if you want to distance the two genres) they're so different. But yeah, Gas 0095 is pretty goddamn good.

boldfailure BTFO yet again

>traditional Ambient album, based around typical synth sounds and a typical Ambient structure, harmonically.
stop please

Boring af

samefag af