How do you deal with social anxiety...

How do you deal with social anxiety? I would have a great social life if I wasn't such a pussy but I am and I have no idea why or how to fix it. There is something about just going and hanging out with people, even my closest friends that scares the shit out of me. My entire high school life sucked because I was such a pussy, and I need a fix.

>inb4 grow some balls

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-vZXgApsPCQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Grow some balls = face your fears. It works. The more you are out of your comfort zone, the easier it will be. Change must come from within, user.

Grow some balls.
No foreal though user. Stop giving a shit what people think of you. You'll get over it in no time. Tell me. Why're you scared?

I saw a psychiatrist years ago for my anxiety and depression. She put me on some meds that somehow made me feel a whole lot less anxious around people.

At this point its been a couple years since I stopped taking it and I feel like im able to handle my anxiety better, but starting with meds helped me a lot.

Dont be one of those retards who refuses to do nothing about their problem.

I have no fucking idea. I consider myself a confident person and I'll feel great but if one of my friends asks me if I want to hang I flip shit for no reason. It just scares me, for reasons I don't know.

Have you never heard of drinking socially?

Psychologist studentfag here.
I would suggest you to try therapy.It is easier if you have somebody to guide you through it and 'pull you out' when it is danger.
If not, do gradual exposure therapy. Work your way up from staying outside for few minutes to walking to the smallest store and buying small things.
Remember to do things step by step.
You could consider antidepressants and/or benzodiazepines. You're not a pussy from suffering from something.
This

Thats the thing. I'll face my fears, feel fucking awesome, then a week later when they ask to hang I act like a pussy, then I man up and do it, then I feel awesome, rinse and repeat. I'm at a dead end.

Drop out the negative thinking, it is not rational and constructive

I always try to, but I always end up back at a dead end, I be positive, then I do shit and then I fuck it up.

It's okay to fuck up.
You get up and try again until you succeed.Don't be so harsh on yourself, user.
You can do it

Thanks user. Seriously, you guys are the best.

You're overthinking this.

Breathe, find a hobby. And ultimately man up. Go outside by yourself if you can do it with others.

At least you have friends.

You're welcome, user.
Remember, positive thinking, don't be harsh on yourself and exposure therapy.
You can always try therapy and/or medication

Have you thought about not being a pussy

Go out of your comfort zone more and more everyday. Sing in a public place. Start dancing suddenly. Yell something random.

Fuck off faggot. I'm not in the mood to deal with your retarded comments about something you clearly DO understand and most likely have since you're on a website filled with weebs and introverts. Unlike you, I do have a pretty decent social life but I'm worried it'll go down the shitter, which is why I made this post. Go back to fapping to animated children.

I got a weed habit. Smoke a joint before doing anything anxiety enducing, works for me.

I want Pictures!

Pictures of Tomoko!

Realize that nobody actually cares what anybody does and anybody who does care is a faggot, helped me be less self conscious in public

What do you tell your psychologist?
"I´m anxious help me"?

Not OP but when I smoke weed i get paranoid as shit even after the tiniest amount. I used to smoke daily for 2 years and then one day boom cant even be near it.

Solitude is underrated.

Phenibut

I have horrible social anxiety and let me tell you, it's not something you can just fix. What you can do is learn what exactly makes you nervous. I was always scared of people leaving me because I'm not interesting/nice/a good person to be around. Something I've learned is to take chances on people. It might seem like everyone is always judging you, but they're really not. It just leads to you isolating yourself and regretting not taking those chances. It's good that you're aware of what you're feeling, I know I was very shy back in school and never fathomed that people weren't out to get me. It's really tiring to have social anxiety, especially alone. I would recommend therapy and maybe confiding in one or two close friends about what you're feeling from time to time. You're on the right path in terms of challenging your fears, but you also have to start letting people help you. You can't do this all by yourself.

face your fears. it's hard as fuck but it works the best, and you probably no it. do everything you are afraid of and you will grow.

How you are now is perfect I am currently recovering from pyschosis and it made me realize how easy it is to socialize with people and now I am almost recovered I realize I had it right in the first place and will now be staying in my room 24/7

Yeah I'm going through the same thing but I am a step ahead of you. I have just been facing my fears and dealing with shit. Take baby steps, and sometimes big ones to push yourself, it's okay to fail, but it's not okay to stop trying if you actually want to change.

Start taking cold showers
Start working out.
Push yourself out of your comfort zone on a daily basis.

youtube.com/watch?v=-vZXgApsPCQ

also do some kind of physical activity that gives you confidence and follow through with it. I recommend martial arts. If that's nothing for you, maybe weightlifting. there's a reason everyone recommend's this stuff, seriously! I believe in you brother, you're gonna make it!

Why don't they socialize with you? Why should you put in the work? They are purposely making things harder for you without you realizing and perhaps they don't realize it either.