My dad just passed away 3 hours ago. I'm drinking, smoking, and taking pills like a mother fucker. AMA

My dad just passed away 3 hours ago. I'm drinking, smoking, and taking pills like a mother fucker. AMA

Sorry for your loss

OP Here, I just need somebody to talk too. I know what this site is infamous for but fuck it, I don't care anymore.

Me too user...me too.

A family member of mine just recently died as well, sorry for your loss

Life is crazy. Time helps

What kind of pills are we talking here?

feels thread?

lets talk. I'm feeling like my dad is close to his death.

Was it sudden or something that was coming for a while?

OP here: The feeling sucks, it's hard to describe. Death is no joke

Xanax and Klonopins

why do you care so much?

be glad father died before son

go make a baby faggot

yeah, its important to remember that literally everyone on the planet goes through this shit at some point or another and you are not alone.

don't give in to alcohol and drugs man, i mean it. your dad wouldn't want to see you like this.
i know it's fucking hard but you need to power through it somehow. my mom died 2k14 and i cried like a motherfucker for weeks but i'm glad i didn't resort to drinking and taking drugs, safe for smoking lots of cigarettes back then.
go out for a long walk, work out and let out all those aggressions. hit up a sand bag if you need to. but everything's better than getting wasted.

I often think about my family members dying (especially my dad) and I don't know what I would do man. I'm sorry this happened.

Mourn user.
Don't hide how you feel and cause your heart to stagnate. Grieve and then be done with it instead of taking shit to feel happy all the time in the cult of happiness.
Grieve, the wider your range of emotion the more fulfilled you will be.

Post his nudes. Jk get well soon you glorious faggot.

Sorry to hear that annon... i Feel like my Father won't be for too long with me, can't imagine how it is to feel such a loss...

My condolences

My dad died from alcoholism. He was throwing up a lot of blood and he was losing conscienceness time after time. We called the ambulance. Arrived at the hospital. Put in ICU. Doctors said he needed some kind of surgery so they put him to sleep. Ever since then, he never woke up and stopped breathing. Put on life support

If bait; go fuck yourself
If true; shit dude. Way heavy. Sending condolences your way

good idea. that way you can meet him faster

Made me smile

I am last surviving member of my family. Dad and Bro died in 1993 and 1994. It will not always be like this. I would catch myself thinking everyday that I needed to call my Dad and then realize he was gone. I dealt with it best I could, but, numbing out is probably not a good thing. The only way to get closure is to remember him and go through the rituals. We have them for a reason. They are there to help us to begin to heal. I lost my Mom in 2012 and numbed out going on a drug and alcohol binge for a little over a year. It only made things worse.

Good luck user.

So...when his ghost comes to you to say his last goodbyes,
you'll be totally blotto.

He'll just stand over you silently, shaking his head in disappointment,
...just like when he was alive.

Just dont overdo it user

Can I get your stuff?

sorry Sup Forumsro. Mine is also alcoholic.

How's your mom? Any brothers or sisters? How are they taking it?

Did your Dad leave you with any messes or headaches to deal with?

It's your dad's job to die. Eventually you'll have to as well. Enjoy the time you have and forget about that shit

if this is real and genuine, i feel for you man - sorry for your loss

My dad died from liquid heart failure after being on an LVAD for three years after having survived a heart attack that went unnoticed for 2 days. It really suck man. My condolences, it will be w hard few months but you can get through it.

>It's your dad's job to die.
fuck.....

When are you going to grow the fuck up and realize that everybody dies? You aren't special, you're just sad, and being extraordinarily fucking selfish about it.

God, I fucking hate these captcha's but ... Because he's been there since day 1.

Hey op

don't drive, ok.

I hope you feel better. You know how people say we want to be different than our parents? In the end, we usually end up becoming them. In a way, your dad is always going to be with you.

anyway, pain is pain. Let the pain happen and take a little time off for yourself. Don't beat yourself up over little bullshit.

We're here, OP. We're here for you. Here, take this funny image of puppy with boobs.

Kys now emofag

Hit the bong

Sorry for your loss.
I have Major depressive disorder since I was 15 but never went to a therapist because I've always denied it to my mum(I'm 25 now).

How are the pills? Do they work?

Also read this. I'm into a bigger darkness than you are right now so don't be sad, because there are people that are suffering more than you, like me.

Punching bags and running is your friend. Drugs just make it worse. Get some of your good music. I like bob Marley when I'm sad. His joy brings out the tears. And go for a long run. Use the pain to dull the pain. Helps a lot

I'm very sorry for what you're going through.
Get well soon, OP.

It will get worse after a few days, tafter that it will get better. Give it half a year to a year.

Both my parents died last year. It really hit me hard, it's starting to get better now.

Feels, bro, true story though, i used to bury people for a living, i buried a six year old kid once, got hit by a car, after that shit I've been kinda detached from death

8/10 would bang.

Lost my dad in 2010....we were both pretty old, so age doesn't matter.....blew me up for 4 years, still grieving.

Nothing was unsaid between us, but it is still like losing legs that I didn't know I had, and feeling their loss every day, and having one of the favorite rooms in my heart torched.

Grieving is good, and it hurts, and the old joys slowly return...with each little joy that somehow reflects the old ones, the charcoal falls from the walls, and off all the things on the shelves, and revealing what was always there, but differently.

Sorry for your devastation, and loss. I hope you can remember the good times....in time.

OP Here: Benzos work wonders, but it's very addicting. And i'm sorry that your going through some rougher shit. I just need a beer with somebody you know? Being by yourself sucks/

sorry for you user, hope you'll get better
drinking and taking pills wont solve anything but i would do the same...

I don't have friends for that. Count yourself lucky.

I've become so autistic I don't recognize myself.

I know right ?

Stop being a pussy, 3 hours is long enough. Now get that feeling and crush it, crush it like an ant! Forget about your dad.

You're not alone, OP. Cuba Gooding Jr.'s dad just died.

If my father died i wouldn't give a shit.
Just know you are lucky

as i and some others before said, go for a run and hit the bag. it helps a lot more than taking drugs.

Why didn't you spend more time with him and tell him you loved him more?

Remember to thank your mother for using her internet

hitting the bag from where i come from means go on a massive heroin binge, so i am hoping you do not mean this

I appreciate those words user. I really do. It's just that right now, it's fresh and I need to keep my mind off things for a bit. Now, i'm the man of the house so I have a lot more on my shoulders. But i'll try, I guarantee that!

pretty unlikely considering what i said about drugs. i mean hitting sandbags specifically. with your fists and shit

Sorry bruh,I know those feels. What would your dad think if he knew You were doing that shit? It will get better,it will always sting but with time not as bad as right now.

That's cute, user, but I've lost three. If I want to thank my mother for anything, I'm going to have to go dig up a Ouija board.

OP: I did, we had so many beers together and cruising around the city. I was always there for him vice-versa.

My dad could go any day. I am sorry that it was your father's time... my only advice is to keep his memory alive as much as possible, for as long as possible.

my dad died over a decade ago, all i did was cry. if u gonna do drugs do fentanol. stop doing that pussy shit

Sorry for your loss, I'm dealing with a mother who has early dementia, just a matter of time. God bless

my dad died when i was 7 and i was adopted but then i remember daddy rapey rapey

Your dad wouldn't be proud of the way you're acting right now user. It would hurt him to know that his death was causing you to harm yourself. Be at peace.

Sorry to hear,Be strong

I'm in the same boat. He just got a triple bypass and looks like hell, slowly losing that spark and that wild enjoyment of life that I got from him..

Shit sucks man. We're in for a hell of a ride it seems.

There are now local cemeteries mailing him trying to get them to buy one of their shitty plots, I'm not sure why but I find that absolutely disgusting and disrespectful.
He recently told me he wants his ashes thrown into the ocean where the moon's reflection hits the water.

do cemeteries in your country really do that? shit that's dark as fuck

OP Here, Goodbye.

>I'm into a bigger darkness

t. 15 y/o handed everything in life who thinks he knows suffering because "muh depression." It's made up dude, youre just a pussy who can't deal with life. If I was OP and you said this shit to me in person I would stomp you

My dad died last month, didn't leave me shit, didn't teach me shit, glad he's fucking gone. New daddy will be missed, but at least i will get a house.

I'd just publicize what they do, in hopes it would hurt their business. I'm sorry you have to deal with that shit

Have fun, remember to stream your suicide for us, faggot

see ya, also careful with these pills

Just take another pill, yeah I bet you will. Rap about, yeah word, keep keep it real.

Your dad was a cunt and you're his child.break the cycle.grow up!

Sounds like your motivation is correct.

That said, a huge fucking cry once a week, in a setting that is comfortable for you, might help cut down on the self-medication....i'm just sayin'

even a group session once a week with a bereavement group could help. there are plenty of hotlines to start to pick up the thread....or just google that shit.

getting your shit together as man of the house includes getting your deep shit together....takes courage to go there at all, and again and again.

You will be okay.

How old is your mom? Now that she is single.

So "Talk about it ", what's rattling around in that brain of yours ?

Lost my dad in 2012. Shit sucks. Just remember to take a break from the drinking and drugs to be there for the rest of your family. And eat something. Faggot.

Damn, Im sorry user. You should do something that would make your dad proud. It hurt right now, take the time you need to escape and heal but dont shut out your friends and family. Im sure there are people who love you and would be in the same situation if something happened to you. You dont want to put them in that situation do you?

My dad passed away right after I turned 18. It was hard, I didn't leave my room for like a week, and 9 years later it still hurts sometimes. But instead of giving up I decided I would want to make him proud. Sometimes I feel like he is looking down on me, and I am sure your dad is too. I graduated college with a 3.9 gpa and now have a highly productive job that I love. Life gets better but only if you make it. Again, take some time for yourself... everyone needs to escape sometimes, but dont lose yourself, your dad wouldn't want that.

Hope all goes well.

OP, it has been 5 years since my father passed away and i still think of him all the time. hang in there OP.

Dont have much time to chat cus i really need to hit the sheets right about now but, sorry for your loss dude. It must suck to lose a parent. Im a niggnogg so ofcourse i dont have a father but if i lost my moms, id probably end myself dude. Try to control your drug use.. Dont feel temoted to cross that line. Your father would like to see you stay strong now. Do the things he always wanted you to do and think about the good memories you guys had. I have lost some people in my life which basically destroyed me but it's easiest if you accept that there is no point in time where you grow over the pain, you just have to live with it. There WILL be a time where thinking about your pops will warm your heart. Good luck man

Your dad isn't gonna be very proud if you join him so soon. Knock it off.

What do you want to do with your life, and if you had an idea.... how does your loss figure in that right now ?