How big is your music folder?

How big is your music folder?

Other urls found in this thread:

iflash.xyz/
head-fi.org/f/threads/official-ipod-video-classic-5g-5-5g-6g-6-5g-7g-ssd-mod-thread.566780/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

00.000000000000000 kb

8 inches

23mb/s

I save up all my music on Google Play, there I have like 140 albums stored and only keep FLAC files of albums that are my favorites and speak to my shitty wasted soul.

So I keep only Nine Inch Nails album saved, this ammounts to 5GB

>Finnish

95% V0, 5% FLAC

Got around 3500 songs saved on Spotify.
Nice to see another finn around here

>Less than half of your albums are lossless
Disgusting.

I have a hoarding problem help

I've got 3 terabytes of 60's pre-ambient
800 gigs of live recordings of this local band called the fuckerfucks. They played only 2 shows before breaking up but I had 11 redundant recording rigs all recording flac which I then layered over one another for 25,000 kbps bitrate.

8 terabytes of the beatles. No not THOSE beatles, the new beatles. They haven't recorded an album yet and technically they're not really a band yet but they're indie-gospel-post-funk-punk style is going to be huge when you guys hear their stuff in about 5 years.

4 petabytes of the Ethiopian Free Jazz wave that occurred in 1973 in a town called Wenji Gefersi.

18 terabytes of sound check recordings from the mid 90's band LFO. They only scored a hit with "I like girls (who wear abercrombie and fitch)" but they were way ahead of their time.

That's just my C: drive. I have 41 drives.

this is only part of it

can you upload some of your LFO recordings??

It's a meme you retard.

baited for this exact response :^)

this LFO is much better

But my reply was merely a ruse, I memed you all along. The joke is on you. *Tips fedora*

wh.... th.....

I've already gotten a cease and desist from the band, they lurk here y'know

147 GB. Only two lossless albums

Soulseek has lots of FLAC's

>2015
>still not switching to spotify

>downloading music

>I save up all my music on Google Play,
how

what else would i need?

will you unironically be my friend?

It's called music "library" for a reason.

a noose

>2015+2
>Listening to music that is low quality

>2014
>not buying spotify premium
>not taking advantage of the student discount

pretty big

Spotify does not offer student discounts in my country, unfortunately.

what did you do to extend the iPod HD? I had looked this up a couple years ago but couldn't find anything at the time.

I need more HDs, I also need to reorganise my library.

>tfw no full FLAC library
I wish I wasn't such a pleb for the longest time.

I had to open it up to replace the battery so I put in a 1.8" mSATA drive while it was open.

I was reading up on it after the switch and a lot of people have problems with mSATA, i guess I was lucky because mine is fine. But apparently the safest option is to use one of these custom adapters adapters for storage instead of an SSD iflash.xyz/

Also something I didn't realize is that the ipods have a limited amount of RAM, if you get up past 40k-60k tracks (depending on how much metadata like smart playlists and album art you have) the ipod won't be able to load it all and will go into a reboot loop. You can get around that by using rockbox or dual booting rockbox/ipod firmware.

more info that you could possibly need is here head-fi.org/f/threads/official-ipod-video-classic-5g-5-5g-6g-6-5g-7g-ssd-mod-thread.566780/

thanks.

going to do this within the next couple of months.

uhh
but why

it's pretty great. you get extra storage, battery life with an SSD is longer, and you don't have to worry about the mechanical hard drive crapping out. highly recommended but careful not to break anything while you have it open, ipod internals are fragile as shit

yeah man I hear you there. I've replaced numerous batteries on the few ipods I've had over the past decade and the first couple of times I had to learn a ginger hand the hard way.
I'm excited for this.

175gb of mixed flac and 320 on google drive
i still need to rip a ton of CDs

You know what you need? You need to kys

C'mon user.
Don't have a large collection of lossless music? That sucks, no need to take it out on OP.

100 gb and I barely listened to a quarter of it