ITT movies only men understand

Clearly not since so many male fans miss the point

nu-males are not true males

so what's the point?

This movie has a massive plothole that nobody wants to address

only men are capable of understanding anything in the first place

Which iiiIIIIIiiiIIiiiiIIiiiIIIis?

ww

like when they crash the car tyler was driving jack crawled out from the driver seat, tonnes of stupid shit like that.

never saw the end of the movie but it was just a mess of editting mistakes too

ur mum has a massive butthole nobody wants to address

Am I bring trolled or.... you do know that was on purpose right?

Fight Club is truly the best pleb filter.

Can somebody fucking explain to me why they always put Tyler Durden with the guy from Clockwork Orange and the Joker?

One's an idealist, a Nietzsches' superhuman version of the main character's ego. He is a terrorist, yes, but he's not a psychopath, nor a killer, nor a nihilist. His war is against a consumerist society that destroyed the very nature of man. Why? Because he's everything average joe narrator wants to be. The narrator loathes his lifestyle, and insomnia got his head. He made the man he wanted to be and followed him. And unless the guy is nuts, there's no reason to associate Tyler with the Joker or Alex.

I can't recall one single edgy/cringe speech he gave in the entire film. He sounded like a reasonable person with very clear goals.

The feelings of inadequacy and unfulfilled "manhood" are relatable to a lot of men, but the answer is not to just punch things. They replace one vapid ideology with another more dangerous one unquestioning just because it's advertised to them in a flashy way and makes them temporarily feel good. No different than buying expensive furniture because an ad said to. Neither will make you happy in the long term

I feel like the film sort of misses the mark in making this point clear, and turns into a thriller with Durden trying to blow up buildings and kill people and shit. The external threat kind of overshadows the satire and I think is why so many people misunderstand the film.

oh right i don't get it, it's bad on purpose.

ok, no, i'm gonna go away now and do something else, you stay here and do you

Only real men understand that it's a satire of post countercultural masculinity

Ignore him

Definitely Das Boot. Women have no sense of camaraderie, so they can never understand it.

i didn't understand this movie

Nah son, the fight clubs were good but they quickly became radicalized which was the problem. The point is to find a place and way for men to express themselves in a safe space

OK, do you want to have sex?

>movies

yes

There's nothing wrong or that unique about men exercising together. They could all join a boxing gym if they want to smack each other around a bit

Before it became a terrorist organization the fight club were rapidly becoming cults, with rules and a charismatic leader stringing them along. It's less about the need to vent and express your masculinity as it is a need to be a part of something and feel validated through it. See the speech about "no great depression or great war", horrible things to live through that they somehow lionize out of a misguided idea that those events defined every man that lived through them. I'd think men in the depression had more of a masculinity crisis for not being able to work and feed their families than men with easy boring lives like the club members did.

Goodfellas. Women don't understand male-male loyalty.

OK.

>male-male loyalty.
*homosexuality

CONFIRMED
My wife loves Taxi Driver but HATES Goodfellas. I put it on every now and then to get a rise out of her.

>goodfellas
>loyalty
One character is killed by his friends for killing another guy who busts his balls relentlessly and think's he is better than the guy
A second kills anyone he even suspects of ratting him out.
The third becomes a police informant

This is more because it plays on male power fantasies than anything else.

>girl literally falls in love with her rapist