Do any bands make 1st wave post rock sounding stuff anymore? I want to hear the influences from krautrock...

Do any bands make 1st wave post rock sounding stuff anymore? I want to hear the influences from krautrock, minimalism and jazz

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock#2000s_and_2010s_post-rock
youtube.com/watch?v=dTOYdH6tdSQ&t=1324s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>1st wave
>post-rock
oxymoron
>genre
>/ˈZHänrə/
>noun
>a category of artistic composition, as in music or literature, characterized by similarities in form, style, or subject matter.
Please point out the similarities in form, style and subject matter between Talk Talk's "Laughing Stock", Slint's "Spiderland" and Swan's "Soundtracks for the Blind".

Anytime someone asks a simple question one of these faggots is bound to show up.

post-rock isn't a genre, it's an umbrella term

>/ˈZHänrə/
this is not how I've been pronouncing "genre" :/

annoying pedantic faggot

It's Djenree
that guy is just a faggot

in fairness to this guy, the OP pretty clearly is saying "recc me good contemporary post rock except don't say GY!BE or EITS or anything that sounds like it."

Which is a frustrating task.

is sufjan post rock?

tortoise is still around, they're decent if you like them. the king of limbs is great, but listen to the live from the basement version. listen to snarky puppy. its not what youre talking about but its good. listen to rachel's and balmorhea.

Check out King Crimson, OP. Very good jazzy post rock.

I love Tortoise but I think their last two albums are bad.

The usage of typical rock instruments to create music with heavy emphasis on textures and other sound experimentations.

One can argue that 1st wave post-rock can be more wide, as a minor part of experimental rock, taking shape on 2nd wave with GY!BE, Mogwai and Sigur Rós.

Kid A is my favourite post-rock album.

You're not wrong

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-rock#2000s_and_2010s_post-rock

youtube.com/watch?v=dTOYdH6tdSQ&t=1324s

i liked them before Sup Forums kids thought they were good

Kys my dude
Just try Tortoise's TNT and Millions Now Living...

who was that band that put out that bad imitation of laughing stock like 3 years ago?

the record they did before that one had some lead single with lots of taiko(?) drums on it? something something war something.

No, and thank goodness they don't.

Niggas bitch about how second wave post-rock gets cheesy, yet forget just how much of this weird new age cheesy feel first wave bands like Talk Talk, Bark Psychosis, Dirty Three, etc. have. Their style is the worst shit to happen to the rock and jazz genres. Only Tortoise and Disco Inferno are really redeemable thanks to their electronic fuckery.

>new age cheesy feel

oh, you're that guy, please fuck off

I take it you don't like Astral Weeks

just remembered:
these new puritans, that's the one.
what a terrible, overly compressed, unlistenable piece of garbage that album is.

fpwp

if you want 1st wave post rock sounding stuff, maybe you should listen to 1st wave post rock

Radiohead

There is literally nothing wrong with 3rd wave post-rock. It's not the same thing but that doesn't make it shit.