occasionallytapes.bandcamp.com/album/youre-not-alone
torrentmypets.bandcamp.com/album/ep2
youtube.com/watch?v=TrwInzqN-dA
rateyourmusic.com/~FollowingLeader
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first nerds

nigga WTF is this pbullshit thread fuck
also im

lo-fi psych bb, best bb but minus the intensity of genius and brutality. i don't mind, i'm just glad to hear guitar wank similar to "satisfied" from their souvenirs record. also, as usual, killer riffs

fav tracks: just an ordinary fuck (this decade's fuckmurder), malfunction, if you see my face, they all deserved to die

hey

that was supposed to say obviously
wow look at that get

new thread

Goodnight /daily/!

what i find so distressing is that you, as a hateful and empty bastard, unironically subscribe to the senseless violence that is glorified in the music of brainbombs

I think I wanna review an album, anyone got any suggestions?

Also my Spotify premium ended today, so that's something.

Not feeling much like listening to music over the last week or so, actually been watching a lot of videos about speedrunning this weekend. I'm sure I'll be back but hmm.

OHHH!
oh...

what i find funny is that lyrical content distresses you. that's all they are, just lyrics. desu the vocals on this particular record are so buried under the noise that i can hardly make out any lyrics, but i still enjoy it all the same.

so what are we doing for /daily/summer/camp/ this year? Gimme something to look forward to, boys.

how about Every Dailyboy Does A Tourney? or maybe Every Dailyboy Does The Dailoyers Top 3 Chart?

no i like the lyrics you're just a disgusting subhuman that's all

bantz

No one?

you were right about the empty part

review a brainbombs album

Here u go s

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/squarepusher/music-is-rotted-one-note/

Taeko Ohnuki - Sunshower

I like this idea. Not many people would commit to doing that huge chart though. Something on a smaller, more communal scale. Hmm...

fuck that let's go for an ambitious idea and see who can follow through. merit badges and recognition on the dailyblog for anyone who completes

i got a better idea: every dailyboy meets up at a festival

i like the idea of a summer event too, but yeah the full chart is insane, and everyone does a tourney, how would that work?
other ideas?

Nevermind I regret asking, thanks anyways.

Ok, it me.

Or hows this: if we could somehow do a tourney where everyone gives input on all the scores.

Tourney where all participants average their scores for the albums? Like pigger's(?) thrift store tourney?

followup idea, no artists or side projects from anyone on the dalyboys top 3s chart?

Sunshower is Japanese so you need to listen to it from right to left

I don't remember that. But we all listen to every album in the tourney and rate to see who advances

This was a legitimately somewhat funny comment!

it worked like this

*dabs*

I miss Mort

Yeah I win nerds

also lmao

Gonna see Hailu Mergia, waiting for the doors to open
P excited desu

Lol did people not fully participate then?

Badges?!? Recognition?!?

Son, lemme tell you somethin’. It’s real important, so pay attention close, huuUH?

Son, this game is about more than just accolades. People will tell you /daily/ ain’t about how you play. It’s about the money, the fame - all them records plastered all over the walls. It’s about a spot in the /daily/ chart, a winning record in a tournament. Maybe an album that gets meme status. Nah, nah, nah, it’s all bullshit. BULL. shit.

When you’re out there, they’re gonna tell you “you gotta get taste”. Maybe you should “expand your listening” or some shit. When you’re out here in the big leagues, all you’re gonna hear is criticism. The truth is - no one’s got your back. But I do.

You’ll hear all this praise of obscure music, owl hoots, shittin sounds all dubbed up by the Fishmen or somethin. It’s different out here on /daily/. All that garbage? It ain’t you son. I can tell. Stick with whatchu know and I what I taught you. And you’ll be fine.

You ain’t gotta feel bad if you don’t rock with Machine Gun or Nicolas Collins. Do you think Dr J let people clown him for his style at Rucker Park? Do you think Stockton cared when people ragged on his stupid ass high socks? Naaahhh. They just played the game the way that worked for THEM.

Good post. Almost as good as

haha why did you post this

This should've been the "edition"

VERY great post

i dont get it, i dont watch black people movies. can someone explain so i can laugh?

Yeah people are lazy and unreliable, some didn't even listen to a single one

Grimes posts are automatically funnier though.

For the (you)'s duh!

Thank you :)

Hello?

this is so mediocre compared to structures from silence

also reminder to do the listenalong

dont let the first good listenalong in a while go unlistened, boys

Why didn't you save her, /daily/?

lol its steve reich and max roach, silly

U die and satan says that if you beat him in a tourney u can live again. i dont know whos judging. what album do you pick

Elend lol let me die

yo s my rec for your tourney is BCD-2

i go full fishmans

Carter 2

youtube.com/watch?v=w5dL-xmPJEc

lovely day to sit inside and listen to good music
>Stars of the Lid - The Tired Sounds Of
yeah, this one was real nice. i love these types of albums: drone albums that have a lot of subtle details to keep you captivated if you listen to it, but are mellow and soft enough to make for great sleeping albums. awesome atmosphere with this one.
4.0-
>Taylor Deupree - Snow (Dusk, Dawn)
i just tried this on a whim during class one day bc i needed something to work to, and this is just another good ambient/drone ep. weird this is the 2nd top rated ambient work with among my rym friends, tho.
3.5-
>Paavo - s/t
The first two songs are awesome - I love the avant-garde scatting and the whole cutesy yet off-the-walls vibe of the album. Unfortunately, it falls of pretty quickly, but its still good enough to make for a great first listen.
3.5-
>Kevin Drumm - Sheer Hellish Miasma
not really my taste in noise. some parts of it were very daunting, and i liked a lot, but most of it felt very slow, and honestly too tame. its not as powerful of a wall as something like mo-te is. still, pretty alright.
3.0-
>Steve Roach - Dreamtime Return
disappointing. this looked like his "magnum opus", based on the length and variety of the genre tags, but most of it was honestly quite boring. there were some pretty ethereal moments, but theyre nothing compared to all of structures from silence.
doopee time
even the devil loves it

damage was done...

>m a l i b l u e :( - just end it
The first maliblue work to really engage me. The best aspects of all other works i've heard from them (their atmosphere) are still present, but there is a level of detail and beauty that is unlike anything i've heard from them.

>Arik Manley - the reason for living was to get ready to stay dead a long time.
Birth and † are the only tracks on this monster i like a bit, and even then, there are a lot of instances of unintentional and distracting audio distortion within it. most every track on this album is paulstrech, and that's fine. when used as a tool in a larger picture, paulstrech is amazing at capturing tones that would be hard to replicate and putting them on a larger scale. When you not only present these paulstreches with minimal alteration, but then have half the tracks on the album riddled with mastering errors that would take seconds to fix that completely kill any feeling of atmosphere, care so minimally about the establishment of aesthetic or theme, and make that album well over 2 hours long, you lose me. Honestly didn't finish most tracks on this album, but i jumped around through all of them. Can safely say that not much happens. Not sure why Microsound is a secondary on this, either. not into it.

>Merzbow / Keiji Haino / Balázs Pándi - 迷惑をかけない無防備 (An Untroublesome Defencelessness)
The commonly cited earthquake effect from this record is pretty neat, and I love the restraint Merzbow uses on this, but it feels kinda poorly mastered. Every layer feels like a different album, without much of a point or goal. Still fun.

>Jim O'Rourke - I'm Happy, and I'm Singing and a 1,2,3,4 [2009 Repress Bonus Tracks Only]
They build off the original album well, though i feel Getting the Vapors would have been better as either the first or last of the bonus tracks. If you liked the original, you'll like these additions.

>Cor Fuhler & Jim O'Rourke - F.O'R
Fucking terrifying. Constant strings grinding against each other, never ending mechanical squeaking. This is death raga.

>Rhodri Davies / Ko Ishikawa - Compositions for Harp and Sho
Preformances of 4 pieces by different composers. Very sparse. Not sure how the last track was preformed without electronics, so some major bonus points for that.

>Chino Amobi - PARADISO
More of the same stuff from Amobi. while that stuff is still a blunt and interesting approach to sound collage, i don't think i'd like another release in a row that sounds in the same style with the same lack of progression he's been staggering on for a while. was going to give this a 6, but some of the last few tracks caught me off guard. not sure how adventure time samples fit into the image of what it means to be a black man in 21st century america, but i digress.

>The Mothers of Invention - Freak Out!
Less chaotic than Absolutely Free, which is a let down. Still, this has some pretty killer tracks, and the last 3 tracks specifically are a lot of fun.

Other cool stuff i've heard recently that i'd like to bring to your attention:

>Hanali - End Gorge EP
The energy on this is pretty unmatched, and while it does fall into some modern south american influenced cliches here and there, it fills its run time to the brim. if you like Príncipe Discos, but want something you could more easily dance to, go here.
flamebait.bandcamp.com/album/end-gorge-ep

>Thought Adjuster - You're Not Alone
Vaporwave for fans of Replica who don't mind absolute minimalism. Shockingly emotional.
occasionallytapes.bandcamp.com/album/youre-not-alone

>Plus-tech Squeeze Box - Cartooom!
the logical conclusion of picopop. if the mario kart wii soundtrack were somehow more ADHD. you need this album.
it's up for streaming on youtube and dl links can be found pretty easily.

>torrent my pets - EP2
short (under 10 minutes long) plunderphonics ep made out of samples of youtube videos with under 30 views. big stroke.
torrentmypets.bandcamp.com/album/ep2

I've got a bunch of reviews to dump btw, so I'll unload those soon

Aw, I missed a review of Solo Violin Improv

Also, good opinions on Taylor Deupree and Paavo. I used to love Paavo a lot more, but I kind of cut back for exactly the reasons you described. Snow is hands down one of the best ambient drone albums I've ever heard tho

s and FISH prepare your lovely and clean buttholios

no

or don't and come in second

solo violin improvisations was really neat. i got super lost in it when i listened, to the point where i audibly said "it's over?" to myself when it ended, which is a good thing. my favorite part was definitely the plucking, i loved how technical it was. it was fun, i might throw it on again next time i study or something.

t e c h n i c a l

idc just stay away from my asshole

>Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Emotional, well done "indie rock" that's for the mostly a cut above the rest when it comes to this kind of music, if not particularly interesting. However, it's brought down by a few very weak tracks, namely Transatlanticism and Passenger Seat. 3/5

>Elton John - Tumbleweed Connection
Noodly, flimsy pop tunes that are completely safe and go on for way too long. As a result, this album is almost entirely bland and boring. Elton supposedly has the voice of an angel, but I don't hear it. 1.5/5

>Steve Roach - The Magnificent Void
Ambient like this is why ambient gets a bad wrap so often. I appreciate the darker sound, but it's much too basic and it all sounds the same, possibly the most generic ambient album I've ever heard. How could someone who once made Structures from Silence also release this? 1.5/5

And now I've filled out a whole chart with bad taste. But in between that chart's creation and now, I've managed to buy a ton more secondhand CDs, so I'll be back in a bit with a new chart.

I don't have time now, but I'm going to spend more time with the latter two, which are quite dense.

>Earthless - Sonic Prayer
These guys are consistently quality. Imagine Acid Mothers Temple with less nuance (they're a power-trio) but better improvisational and probably technical ability. Like I said, I can see how some would think it borders on shredding (see: dumb), but I can appreciate how far they've pushed the idea of a guitar solo, for example, or extreme riff-age. They've quite mastered it, in that respect. Right when you think they've hit a peak, it somehow escalates again. My only criticism is how it relies too heavily on just being a vehicle for the guitar. You'll know if it's for you.
7.5/10

>Bow Street Runners - s/t
Now onto some old stuff that sometimes ventures closely to pure camp. I can see how this became a cult hit. Unlike most bands from this time, these guys are undoubtedly competent, serious musicians, and it's apparent in how eclectic it sounds. Some of it sounds like a jugband from this time, quite a bit funky and not far off from what The Meters were doing, almost every track has some prog-like movements. Vocals were prominent and tough to sit through quite often, though.
7/10

>Cold Sun - Dark Shadows
Speaking of vocals, they just about ruined the deal here. They're also incredibly loud and jarring here and border on unlistenable. But what a great backing band. This could've been really cool had it had a quality mix. Everyone mentions the Elevators, but I think there's clearly more of an early heavy metal thing going on. There's good consistency throughout in how it all has this eerie, floating feeling (save for the incongruously upbeat "Here in the Year"). Just going to have to spend more time until it stops annoying me.
6.5/10

>How could someone who once made Structures from Silence also release this?
lmao i thought the same exact thing while i was listening to dreamtime return

talk about a boring chart! only two albums above a 6, nothing really stood out i guess. adventures of augie march was a great book though, and i got some good movies outta this

conclusions:
>bleep essentials are not very good
>2017 is a weak year
>africans sure can make good music
>saul bellow is quite a consistent author

new chart soon :o

It's mediocre because structures from silence sets it's standards very low and exceeds them with the perfect set of loops

i'm going to give this a listen but from what I'm hearing it's entirely New Age pseudo-tribalambient crap

I don't know who told you those are bleep essentials, because I think the only people that really like them are those that don't listen to enough bleep

ay at least you enjoyed upstream color

i calculated the average score i gave in total on the last chart and it came out as a 5.5/10 lets hope this chart steps up the game

whats good? whats bad? whats the point of doing all this?

oh i got a bit of a head start on the dekalog hope thats ok

angels egg AND hausu?

essential kooky japcore

i'd like to see how a new /daily/ bingo would look like

the only one ive heard on here is the first one in the squat section, and i didn't like that album at all
good luck, yam
funny, structures set my expectations for dreamtime high. oh well.
most of steves stuff is pseudo-tribalambient crap, dreamtime return is no different.

the cover game is strong on some of those albums

What's the second from the right for rando, i want to hear it

cant wait for u to give october language a 6

>I don't know who told you those are bleep essentials
the Sup Forumscore chart told me, bad source i know, i just had them all downloaded for about a year so i figured i'd listen to them already

i dont know a lot about movies but im trying out some jap stuff and whatever i come across

well youve only heard one album so.....

heres the list of the albums
also i tried to pick aesthetically pleasing album covers i had laying around

or a five, even :O

has anyone seen trip up
he is late for his writting classes
if you see him tell him that i am looking for him
*Bitch*

yeah and on second inspection, maybe i should relisten to that album

ignore my shitposts

if you even remotely like the fifteen minute track on lambent material you should remotely like october language

I wish you guys told me to listen to this album first, this is great.

>the Sup Forumscore chart told me
gdi, lmao

thanks for posting the chart, but I thought Charles Curtis would be bleep
>Drone, Post-Rock
d a r n

Max Richter a shit, Biosphere may be comfy, and the few things I've heard from DJ Koze have been surprisingly fun

lp5 is better but its p close

hahaha no

i have ideas

>likes fishmans
>hates fishmans
>is a jazzlord
>listens to albums they know they wont like to use as curve cushions
>doesnt do the listenalongs
>is underage
>uses rym
>likes anime

that charles curtis album i wanna check out because its four tracks that can be played over each other in any combination you want, so theres a total of 11 different ways to listen to it! doubt i'll be doing more than two though

lp5 is my favorite autechre album but release overall Anti is definitely my fave

night and day I feel empty and lonely
youtube.com/watch?v=TrwInzqN-dA

Huh. Wouldn't have known that was how to listen to it otherwise, will definitely give it a shot now.
also you should listen to all 4 tracks at the same time for maximum enlightenment

i play this when doing laundry

>Letov: The Stalins - Stop Jap
this was really good punk music. While the short length kind of ruined the experience, the subtlety of every song made it incredibly Nice
>Ryuichi Sakamoto - A Thousand Knives
i listened to this album like a month ago and only remember it had some good electronic feels. It had a song with a nice riff too

angel's egg is dang good the other movies on there that i have seen are also good

plato was a big idiet glad he's dead

come here

Glad you liked it, best album I've ever heard. You got a sweet road ahead if you haven't heard anything past Confield

New CD chart, no idea what to expect from half of these albums

Also, while I'm at it, I'm just gonna drop my RYM right here if some of you don't know me cause I post so little: rateyourmusic.com/~FollowingLeader

Wow that chart was a thread killer eh guys

i wonder if raziel still has that picture of hampus and hamtrax kissing