Is grimes mu/core considering she's hated by half of the board (maybe even more)? thoughts on her music?

is grimes mu/core considering she's hated by half of the board (maybe even more)? thoughts on her music?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OAJq-TDQ5vM
youtube.com/watch?v=p95HVaMTZ80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

she's not hated by the most of the board
judging by the fact some hate posts look exactly the same (there are several patterns) it's most likely just a few samefags

Yeah she is. Most of us like her, so shes Sup Forumscore in the sense that shes good, and almost all of us have an opinion on her so she's Sup Forumscore in the sense that mewfags should form their own opinions.

Sup Forumscore is not about an album being good, it's about how much an album is being discussed on this board so that newfriends can listen to it and form their own opinions before talking about it on Sup Forums. so yes grimes is definitely Sup Forumscore.

Same for the other half that loves her.

Idonno, is she?

She's /waifu/core, /waifu/core is easily confused with Sup Forumscore but people aren't constantly making threads about her because they see something patrician in her music, they're constantly making threads about her because they're neckbeard virgins who want to fuck this ugly thing because she's one of the rare females who's just as greasy and unhygenic as her.

hey

i thought that mu/core = albums that most mu/ users agree they're great...

most of Sup Forums never liked TMR because it's too difficult for them, but it's considered Sup Forumscore anyway

op here. your lame post makes no sense. you pretend she's ugly and then say about neckbeard virgins who want her. wtf is that?

no man you're wrong. most of Sup Forums actually dislikes Sup Forumscore because people here act like it's the most patrician taste ever but it's really bland. it's really just the basics that you MUST listen to. i'm not saying that they are bad albums or anything most of them are really good but some people only listen/post Sup Forumscore and thats kind of annoying

lmao coming from one of the 3 grimesfags who spam her

claire

>3
proof?

>grimes
you mean transgender Beck??

fuck buddies have been in on it too

no. keep your stupid ideas to yourself, buddy.

you talk like the other guy

Stereopathetic Soulmanure=Odelay=Sea Change > Mutations > Mellow Gold > Guero > Golden Feelings > Halfaxa > everything else by Beck > everything else by Grimes
imo

Sup Forumscore is shit, grimes not

the other guy? are there only 2 guys in total?

terrible ranking. any beck album < any grimes album. beck is a singles artist with no great albums.

who are these 2 guys?

this

as long as your begin your statement with an abrasive judgement and overstate the shit out yourself then people should certainly respect you

grimes is a meme, not even a good one. nobody else ever talks about grimes except me, and that's only when i bother to shitpost her name because nobody actually wants to talk about her music, just her likeness. im never seeing her albums posted unless its a shamless shill thread being opened by people who really dont deserve thoughtful answers

it's just a matter of respect. nobody is ever going to like her because she tries too hard, if you're an emotional wreck and are incapable of self-confidence then the best people can offer you is their empathy. grimes just cant be respected, she's too damn insecure

>projecting

>nobody else ever talks about grimes except me
What's your favorite Grimes record and why? Atm for me it's her side of Darkbloom, because of how wonderfully the songs flow into each other.

so i should understand

>what does imo mean

No. "projecting" as in you clearly were actually describing your own emotional state in rather than anything to do with Grimes, since your verbiage is far too emotionally nuanced to be referring to anything other than yourself.

i like Geidi Primes because it has the strongest atmosphere, in my opinion. it feels more inexperienced, so it's more impulsive and bound to be more interesting. Halfaxa gets samey and feels constrained by comparison

no, people rely on the self-projection meme too much to deflect things they don't want to hear

>"too damn insecure" and "emotional wreck" are emotionally nuanced terms

I am not "people". I am an individual person, as are you, and in this specific case you are clearly:
>projecting
based on the reasoning already stated here

They're descriptions of inner emotional drives - things which can only truly be understood by the person in question. So either is Grimes irl posting about herself in the 3rd person, or it's someone else posting about themselves, but wording it as being about someone else (in this case Grimes) rather than themselves. Most likely as an emotional defense mechanism - the textbook (NOT meme) definition of "projection".

i'm actually pretty emotional disassociated from this sometimes when i realize my feelings don't mean anything and i'm pretty much disposable. i think that's what you mean by emo nuance

i really don't believe i've imparted any emotional subtext, i'm just offering an opinion and it's being denied. i'm promjemctimg apparently, even though i wasn't actually talking about myself. i didn't realize my own self-worth was even a thing, but i guess it's good enough to be completely wrong in a selective and convenient moment

yeah she's kind of a cunt

you can make assumptions about people without projecting friend, not even saying he's correct but just because he's assuming things about her doesnt mean those feelings are actually his own

I actually like Halfaxa MORE than Geidi Primes for almost exactly the same reasons. If there is one major overall criticism of Grimes' music (to date) that I can make, it would be that she has a tendency to cut her musical ideas short - before they've had enough time to fully manifest in the listener's mind. I'd be hard-pressed to think of a specific song of hers that imo wouldn't be that much better if it were a minute or two longer. Even when stretched out to a ridiculous degree (e.g. see youtube.com/watch?v=OAJq-TDQ5vM ) imo her music loses absolutely nothing (perhaps even gains) in sonic appeal.

i wasn't describing a state i was judging her general condition, and her career by extension. if anyones projecting it's somebody making that about some bozo on the internet. are you familiar with the idea of objectivity? basically it means im being honest

see
Projecting is itself a symptom of being emotionally disassociated with oneself. By talking in terms of another person, you are better able to express things about yourself because doing it like that allows you to circumvent the dissociation factor itself.

i disagree

> i was judging her general condition
Which is something that only she could truly know. You could offer your opinion on what you think her emotional condition is, but nowhere in did you indicate your words should be taken as anything other than objective fact. Which - as I said earlier here - means that
>either is Grimes irl posting about herself in the 3rd person, or it's someone else posting about themselves, but wording it as being about someone else (in this case Grimes) rather than themselves. Most likely as an emotional defense mechanism - the textbook (NOT meme) definition of "projection".

:p

>tries too hard
So like she works hard?
>can't be respected
The fact she does all of the work in making her own music, and with quality outcome, is pretty goddamn respectable comparing with other artists. Genuinely curious how you think this could be outweighed.
>she's too damn insecure
(citation needed)

>mewfags
its Sup Forumstant

holy shit

She's the shittiest kind of synth pop noooo she's not mu/core

stop projecting. she's the nicest artist you could find. she's a gracious person.

>pic related

synthpop connoisseur here: which one is the best best kind of synthpop?

Threw up in my mouth
what a fucking phoney

wtf is wrong with you? when you meet genuine kindness, you suddenly throw up in your mouth?

How did you manage to deduce his exact emotional/mental state out of only 3 posts?

Reading comprehension.

Clearly, such a thing is foreign to him desu. Like food someone has never tasted before. People often mistake unfamiliarity for dislike.

ETA: I also have a degree in applied psychology.

people are forgetting that despite her kinda dark music, grimes is a nice person and has a developed sense of humor.

Sup Forumscore is so you can join the discussion when you're new, some of it is trash (cough, american football)

but still, all those albums were acclaimed by critics. coincidence?

Was that even her?

it was. there are entire collections of her tweets. she used to be less informal.

youtube.com/watch?v=p95HVaMTZ80

Can anyone tell me what song she was playing in the early part of this video?! I've never been able to figure it out.

Sounds like a nameless live jam to me (which is what all her early performances were), although I feel like there might be elements of Dream Fortress in it.

Hmmm... well that sucks I was hoping there might be a track of that out there somewhere. Sounded really cool.

I just listened to Dream Fortress to see but no it sounds completely different. Almost sounds like something by Tea Party or something. Strange.

some parts reminds me of shadout mapes

Good ear. I listened to that and looked for those elements. But there is a very distinct baseline going on in that one with claps that i'm not hearing.

After rewatching the clip and considering your suggestion and the timeline I figured it might be on geidi. Doesn't seem so.

I will presume then that this is unreleased. Shit.

Actually thanks for getting me to search through Geidi Primes again... shit I forgot about some great tracks on this album. Venus In Fleurs is closest to the sound but still not it. Such a great song. Wow.

I actually didn't hate her until you started spamming her

yeah, it's actually some unreleased stuff. there are some common elements with geidi primes because they were probably done at the same sessions. who knows how many great unreleased songs are in her vaults...

you're welcome. i think her first 2 albums don't get the attention they deserve. most of her fans seem to be in love with visions and art angels.

Yeah but it's so easy to just bypass? I mean i've scrolled through /mu before someone told me about the filters. I could easily have missed her threads if I wasn't looking for them.

what that means? are you such a naive person to hate an artist because some anons like to discuss her? are you 18+?

Agreed. Very much so. Halfaxa is definitely my fav of her works. Closely followed by her older stuff like on Darkbloom. Geidi has always been a strange album to me, but still fascinating to listen to.

The later stuff (Visions, Art Angels) seems to diverge quite a bit from the earlier material. Not that that's a bad thing. I still really enjoy those albums and her newer work. But the older stuff had some sort of ethereal magic to it. Really bizarre and strange yet captivating and it's hard not to react emotionally to it.

Sup Forumscore doesn't mean universally liked, just most discussed

Same with Grimes fans

>But the older stuff had some sort of ethereal magic to it.
exactly. it sounded like some dark forest music or something. like cocteau twins doing electronic music but with a fantasy vibe.

but i prefer visions the most because that's her most rounded and powerful album imo. and because i'm a big synth-pop fan.

her next project could be basically anything. what i don't expect is a repeat of past glories and definitely not art angels part 2. hopefully it will have elements from all her albums but mixed with many new ideas. she can do slow songs, mid paced songs and frantic songs equally well and her sense of melody is unparalleled.

That just means you're emotionally vulnerable and easily manipulated desu. Something I personally wouldn't wanna broadcast in a public forum if I were you.

I can see that yeah. Now that I know more about the story of Doldrums and Magical Cloudz it makes even more sense that she'd push hard on Visions, considering their collaborations.

I think it's difficult to tell what she might get into in her next album. Could be a rap album for all we know lol.

she will surprise everyone with her new music, i can feel it. we will not even know that we needed that music.

Hope so. I'm really looking forward to it. Whatever it be.

anyone else really dig her live versions? e.g. be a body, flesh without blood and oblivion (with that impressive outro).

Not sure, I havn't seen much of her live stuff. I mean i've seen it but it's random. Some stuff is great, some stuff is meh. I guess it depends on how she feels, how good the crowd responds, the energy etc.

Yes. I especially love how she constantly re-tools/re-produces all her songs for live performances. You get all sorts of interesting variety in her stuff.

>tfw saving my grimeginity and avoiding live versions until I truly see her in concert
It's going to be another year at least.

As much as I hate saying it (since /mu as a thing unto itself is grotesque) - yes.

looks like what any fake tumblr cunt would say

may our grimesy sleep safely and well tonight

overrated fraud

rude.

I walked out of one of her shows in Australia, her ability live was embarrassing at the time, nothing charming about fucking up constantly and not sounding anywhere close to the album.

Probably around mid to late 2013, after visions had been out for a while.

(you)

she makes genuinely good music but i cannot take her seriously as a person because her image makes her look like a fucking tool

not to mention i'm 90% sure she's addicted to methamphetamine

god bless claire's sleep

>i'm 90% sure she's addicted to methamphetamine
you are wrong

ya
new live version of be a body is great

despite that genesis and a a bunch of other songs were written while she did nothing but methamphetamine for a week?

>methamphetamine
1) amphetamine. there is a difference in case if you didn't know
2) it was 6 years ago and now she is clean