Zappa

What is Sup Forums opinion of him? Overrated? Underrated? Let the thread begin!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cepV5f2-MaU
youtube.com/watch?v=ERFUbX648S4
youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I like him and his music a lot.

le poo poo socially liberal fiscally conservative man xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

oana tu esti?

Pretty good when he doesn't ruin his music with shitty attempts at humour

Neither, he deserves the praise he gets. Made some really cool music and some not so good, he's ok

OP here, what is your favorite album of his? I really like Hot Rats

the mothers stuff is where he was at his best.

OP here. I really enjoy the fact of how much music he has put out, regardless if it's good or bad kek

>Lumpy Gravy
>Weasels Ripped My Flesh
>Freak Out!
>Burnt Weeny Sandwich
Hot Rats is pretty overrated but it's alright

Coolest guy of all time. Didn't give a shit if people liked his music or not and he didn't force himself on anybody.

Brilliant composer too, probably the most brilliant composer in rock history. Like his humor or not, you can't deny his knowledge of creating melodic music surpasses pretty much everybody else.

Needs to hit the gym. Disgusting.

He was rather unhealthy in general.

One of the original leaders of meme music, so how could you hate the guy?

His music is also awesome.

His experimental/jazzy/classical stuff is amazing
His comedy music is garbage
He is also a sick fucking guitarist and a pretty cool guy. I like Zappa over all but i very much prefer his Mothers output to his solo work

He called women's rights a "fad" and openly expressed his sexism. His social views are all over the place.

>His comedy music is garbage
baybeeeeeeeee sneeeeeehkkksss

youtube.com/watch?v=cepV5f2-MaU

People like to hate on his comedy music, especially stuff from the later lineups, but he was really just trying to preserve the humor of the early Mothers of Invention shows.
Registering people to vote while collecting women's underwear for a quilt was pretty based.

wtf I love Zappa now

this

This

Could it be because he wasn't a politician?

>His comedy music is garbage
I can understand that people simply can't fathom the idea of music with a sense of humor and satire. But, in the case of Zappa, just why? No one took it to the level he did and he inspired zolo as a genre. Not to mention that he pioneered a couple of other subgenres as well.

Very solid artist with a great discography. Uncle Meat is my personal favorite and Over-Nite Sensation is a close second Hot Rats is kind of overrated but still amazing

I've one fucked a tranny who was really into him

I think he's a genius, but he's very him, y'know, idiosyncratic sense of humour, et al., so not for everyone.

Is your name Bobby by and chance?

Any*

Literally though, one of the best guitarists out there - OP

George Duke agrees with you.
youtube.com/watch?v=ERFUbX648S4
youtube.com/watch?v=B9DqykUsqRY

link me some zappa music

Frank Zappa is one of those musicians that is actually patrician but idolised by plebs.