Has anyone ever been able to come back from the lowest point in their lives?

Has anyone ever been able to come back from the lowest point in their lives?

I mean the point where all was lost and you were on the verge of suicide.

What happened? What stopped you? Is your life better now?

No. I don't think I will ever make it back out of this ditch. Things only will get worse no doubt.

Kill yourself
Post pics
???
Profit

My heart stopped in an ambulance after a suicide attempt. When I came to, everything was fucking hilarious. Every abuse I received at home, every mean word cast at me, every sneering look, fucking hilarious. Stopped giving fucks, moved forward with my life, got lucky with a decent job out of high school and just ran with it to get away from all my problems. There's a lot you can avoid by doing 70 and 80 hour work weeks.

Yeah, you just have to give it time. I didn't really do anything but wait my shit time out. This was about 15 years ago. If I hadn't waited it out I wouldn't have my son right now, or my super awesome girlfriend, or my small business, etc. Things aren't perfect: I'm in huge debt, but I'm at least content normally and happy often.

I'll post buddy. I had depression for 10 years and I can finally say I'm well out of it without any extensive medical input. In the time of my depression I lost my only friend to brain cancer and I think at the end of it all , maybe some things happen for a reason. But over all I started to run at night to rebuild my sense of independence and going out more. I'll post some tips I ran across if you are interested.

>in debt
>happy

Pick one

You sold me with most of the answer but there's something about that last line.

If your truley at your lowest and thinking about ending it it's the perfect time to renvent yourself. You've got nothing to lose, pour all of your focus and drive into something that you really want to do in your life. If you want to be in the military get fit and sign up, want to get into business or engineering? Sign up for school now and start your journey to making yourself happy and successful

Happy. You can pay off debts.

this fag never had depression.

>I mean the point where all was lost and you were on the verge of suicide.

Yeah, I have. I had everything all set in place with how I would shuffle off this mortal coil, having been pushed to such a state by friends and strangers. The final nail in what was going to be my coffin was one person in particular.... a veritable black hole of depression. This person was always unhappy, but was also unwilling to ever change anything instead seemingly preferring being depressed over being happy. Lashing out on anyone who tried to help and would claim that "happiness" was just a mask people wore to lie to themselves, etc etc.
Their constant negativity combined with my friends negativity and the bullshit from strangers, among other things, had it so that I felt I couldn't handle it anymore.

And then I just stopped caring so damn much. Really it was that simple. I stopped talking to the black hole, I cut ties with the worst of my friends, and I stopped getting caught up on what other strangers thought of me. It's a big fucking world in it and not everyone will like everyone else... that's just the way of things.

Another huge change I made was to my diet and exercise. I'm still a massive fan of sweets and snacks like that, so I still eat more of that than I should, but I cut out shitty foods and started eating healthier. Greens and fruits and nuts, things along those lines. I started working out more regularly, going out for jogs or for a sprint depending on how much time I have and started getting involved in other workout routines to keep myself active.
Oh, and hugely important thing is music. Never listen to slow, depressing music. That shit will fuck you up. Always make an effort to listen to something that's more upbeat and has more energy in it.

Not always.
Not all debts are monetary in nature.

Working on it

People have been misusing that term for as long as I can remember, and honestly Sup Forums is the absolute worst offender of it.
I've never seen a site filled with more obnoxious, whiny cunts claiming to be "depressed" when in reality they have a case of the "feel bads", and to make it worse it never matters what you say to them; they will absolutely refuse to change anything about their life but will continue to complain. They will act as though it's the worlds fault their lives are in such a terrible state, and then do nothing but complain.

So yeah, according to the standards of Sup Forums, this person had depression.

If someone has a genuine case of depression, then they should honestly consider talking to someone. Maybe be open to taking some medicine, because that's more a chemical problem within the body and less an emotional problem outside the body.

Fuck off man. I was at a terribly low point years ago with a gun to my head, but I realized I could change my situation if I put all my effort into it. I went back to school upgraded my education and my skills and got a job as a firefighter which I sincerely enjoy. It's not fucking easy and no one helped me but devoting myself to improving myself saved my life

Then you pay them back by good works.

I've made it somehow throughout these 6 years to the edge of suicide.

The idea of dying stabbed like a hog amazes me. I'm just a little happy because of that. Nothing got better. After one year everyone with suicidal tendencies should die. Just my advice.

You are very naive

Ha. I've done it myself. But my lady currently has even more severe depressive episodes than I ever did, so I can see into that darkness.

You might not be able to pay back to a specific person, they may be lost forever, but you can pay yourself back. Or make the process of paying back your new reason for living.

You have a healthy attitude.

Started reading why the people I wanted to be like were successful, and decided I needed to stop treating myself like a POS. Started watching motivational videos. I kid you not, those things make you feel like a champ. It changed how I thought about myself, gave me hope...

>What happened? What stopped you? Is your life better now?

Ever body surf? And a wave grabs you and slams you down onto the bottom of the water, onto the sand, and you can't get your feet positioned and you're rolling in the wave and running out of air and thinking "Fuck, this might be it for me" and then you find your footing and push off the bottom and get to the surface and get some air... yeah, fun hobby. Miss that.

Or you're living off your gas credit card eating shitty food they sell @ gas stations since you have zero money... you need more examples?

Hang in there. It'll change slowly and get better. At least not get any worse. You hope.

Sonic now has Custard Concrete available. It's like super thick ice cream. The butterfinger one has over 2000 calories.

yes, I accidentally electrocuted myself with a microwave oven capacitor, those hold lethal voltages, I didn't die, so I took a long look at myself and figured out that the root of my problems was because I wasn't doing what I really wanted. Now I do what I want and I am happy. Sure I feel down every now and then, but in order to be happy you need to feel sad

At the lowest point in my life I was just insane.

I mean, I've been cripplingly depressed too, but it was insanity that drove me to a suicide attempt. Broke many bones and now I walk with a limp. I was just paranoid for no good reason.

Now I'm fine, emotionally flat but alright, and I'm even self-studying for a lucrative, enjoyable job in the future.

However, whenever I hear about some terrorist attack or horrific accident I always wish I am one of the victims, deep down inside I wish that someone will accidentally kill me.

Not sure how true it is, but I hear it's more lethal if the electricity has to pass directly through your heart to reach the ground.

I'm slowly crawling out of one right now 3 years ago my mom lost our home I was 15 at the time so I had to be homeless for a bit I entered a girl we dated for a bit I stayed in school well being homeless this girl's mom let me stay with her I lived there for about a year and over that year I would get beat by her she would mentally attack me and just be a terrible person I thought I was in love though so I overlooked this well I got kicked out about a year later I was homeless again so I laid down in a ditch and just kindof waited didn't know what to expect tbh... Thankful my uncle called me that day and I told him everything he drove up to Washington picked me up and brought me to his house in California I was still in a shitty mindset during all of that and planned out another suicide once I arrived but I ran into a friend from the 8th grade lived in Cali once before all of that shit and that friend I met introduced me to his friends and so on i grew a small circle of reliable people my other friend also hooked me up with this amazing beautiful talented breath taking girl who I'm in love with she makes everything so much better and she's never hit me she's never yelled at me she's just been amazing I went from being homeless to another abusive household then homeless then to an amazing new life

Yea, I was minutes away from hanging myself when I realized that it wasnt my fault i was depressed but this one bitch who was controlling my life, basically i just cut her out of my life completely and ive been so fucking happy ever since

I think you are right, I don't really know what happened then, but I survived. but fuck man, I haven't felt this down for a while, I know its because I am not doing what I want, I just want to sail, but I need to finish school first. In a year from now I should be working on a boat, but until then I need to come up with something to keep me sane. I need a job and a new hobby, when I get some money blacksmithing table making will be my life

It took a long time, a long time. I eventually sorted myself out. Got a nice job, got a nice place. Started cleaning myself up. I was starting to get happy about myself. I found an amazing girlfriend. Then she broke up with me and my world is crashing apart. I'm back at that point. Everything feels lost and hopeless. I've not lost all yet, but there isn't much left to lose now. People try to tell me things will get better. But I just feel this time they won't.

Shit will be fine. Just get back up and find another girl. If you can't, improve yourself.