How much do you usually tip and how do you feel about people who don't tip or tip extremely low (8% or less)?

How much do you usually tip and how do you feel about people who don't tip or tip extremely low (8% or less)?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Labor_Standards_Act#Tipping
youtube.com/watch?v=0fJCjet2e3U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

15%
it boils down to personal preference.

0.00$
Here's a tip, get a better job.

15 or 20% depends how I round to an even dollar.

> get a better job
Most are in college and using the money to help pay for it.

I've heard strippers say that too.
Sell your ass, fruit cake.
Why should I pay for your meme degree?

>How much do you usually tip
I seldom go lower than 20%...it's just easier to figure 1/5 of the bill.
That said I don't eat out much.

>how do you feel about people who don't tip or tip extremely low
I don't keep my mouth shut, I call them out for being a cheapshit. Also, they don't get a ride to the restaurant next time because I'm usually the one with the car.

I usually tip about 15% unless im broke. You should always tip at least 10% though because most waiters get taxed as if they are making 10% tips.

Usually 20% if the service was good - 15% if I had to ask for a drink refill

I personally don't go to places that will cost me more than $20 for a meal. I usually leave whatever whole dollar amount is at or closest-to-but-above 20% if they're good. If they act autistic I'd just leave a couple dollars at most. Never had to do that yet.

Flat 20% unless they really fucked up.

Never less than $5. Even if it's for a $5 sandwich. Typically $10 if at dinner. No more than $15 or $20 if I'm at a really expensive place.

And as user above me said, if they really fuck up, nothing. But I will write them a note why. It has only happened like, 3 times, iny life.

20% if service is adequate, less if service is less, more if i feel generous

where i live, the minimum wage for a server is 2.13 an hr

but if I go out, I'll go to a Chick fil a or something, I cannot be payin $15 for a plate at fuckin Chili's if it ain't a real special occasion. If I want somethin meticulous and healthy, I'll fix it up myself for the same price I'd pay for a Chick fil a

I start at 15%, round up or down depending on the service. Maybe just my perception, but I honestly feel service quality has declined a lot in the last 5 years or so. When I do get really good service, I feel like tipping extra because it seems so refreshing.

I live in Europe, so I don't have to deal with that nonsense much.

The fuck do you Americans always "tip"?

We don't do that shit in Canada.

I mean just find a better paying job, right?

I tip 0% cause my country is not shitty and pays its workers enough to live.

Usually 16-18% depending on what type of restaurant (i.e. never tip at fast food places, only tip at restaurants when the server is nice and service is at least adequate).

I can't afford to shovel more than $10 at a time for tips, or I'd be on the street broke.

Also, I will NEVER tip a bartender if they point at or allude to their little tip jars on the counter, or if all they do is pass me a bottle of beer without even acknowledging my existence. If they make me a mixed drink, sure, but nigga, if I just wanted a bottle of beer, I'd go to a gas station and get it cheaper than whatever bloated bar price it is here.

you are paying the tip either way. Either menu prices rise and no tipping or lower menu prices and you have tips. Tipping is a horrible experience for the waiter the and customer though so the Canadian model is of course superior.

I tip 10% cause I'm a cheap jew and that was the generally accepted number in the 90s. That said, I eat out at tip places less probably once every 2 years.

[spoiler] shit [/spoiler]

I live off tips so I tip 20% to 25%. I wouldn't do this job without the tips. 9.75 an hour isn't enough for cleaning up dluids, bouncing violent douchebags, listening attentively to sad sack stories, generally babysitting drunk adults.

How are you paying a "tip" if you're just paying the included price? Taxes are also there, yes, but price is price. If the server isn't getting paid fairly, it's because their manager is sketchy as fuck.

All of you faggots are aware of the Fair Wage Act, correct?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fair_Labor_Standards_Act#Tipping

They get paid minimum if they dont get tips that equal pay to the states mimumum

10% always. I dont care about other people lives

I tip according to the service I'm provided

If i get a shitty waitresses that for example takes my order gets me a drink but never comes back to see if I need refills or a anythingthing else but has time to stand around and chat with other employees. And ignores me when I wave at her cause I need something then I leave a shitty tip maybe a couple bucks if she's lucky

Now if it's a good waitresses that comes back and sees if I need refills, checks to see if the food was ok and does an all around good job I have no problem dropping 50% There is a waitress at a restaurant me and my wife frequent when we come in she makes sure we are put in her section. I know I'm getting good service and she knows she's going to get a good tip

I'm the opposite, I hate being bothered by that shit. I prefer asian and indian restaurants for that reason. They take your order, bring your food, then leave you alone.

I never tip.
And I will argue and lose my shit if I get asked abt it

Never tip, I'm not gonna pay someone for doing an easy job. I've been delivery person in highschool before, it was easy as shit. I did it anyway because I really like driving.

You must not eat out much, or never return to the place's you do.

I don't, tipping is bullshit

Why do you get tips?

>Because I get paid less than minimum wage

Why do you get less than minimum wage?

>Because I get tips

If tipping were a more efficient way of an employee getting paid, it would have caught on with more than three fucking jobs

I order from the same pizza and chinese places, and eat at the same restaurants all the time. Never tip, never bad service. No shit in my dish, no piss in my drinks. No one has ever even been upset by it in my area at least.

if a server isn't paid fairly, it's because the owner is paying them the legal minimum wage. if you disagree with the law don't take it out on the server, they didn't make it.

UK here never tipped people need to get better jobs I'm not paying for their failure.

Only in America hur dur they no tip me why no tip? Fucking poor Americans

so how's your minimum wage job workin out for you then?

When I was in my teens and early twenties I worked a string of shit minimum wage jobs. Never once did I get a dime from anyone who wasn't my employer for doing the job I applied to do in the first place.

Imagine if you don't tip a security guard at the mall and them it's considered socially acceptable for him to piss in your gas tank for spite.

That's good, for you. Generally, it's a bad idea to be known as the guy who doesn't tip with people who serve your food.

You're purchasing a service from them. They'll spend their money how they see fit, no one gives you shit for speeding your money on feeding your worthless ass. If you want to save money go to Walmart and cook at home

I tip 10-25% depending on the waiter/my company. If the girl is hot and waiter is awesome best believe I'm tipping 25%

When was the last time you gave someone money for doing their job who wasn't serving you food or drinks?

I don't tip.

It is part of my plan to show servers that they should go get REAL jobs.

Average service gets 15% from me. I'll drop to 10% if the service was truly awful. If they're competent and even make the slightest effort to be friendly I'll go 20%. Over 20% is reserved for when attractive chicks are watching me figure out the tip. That's usually my wife.

And who will serve your cheap ass once they aren't any servers

Robots

Usually 30-50% for awesome service.
15% for mediocre
>10% if they suck.

Someone's gotta make up for all you fucking broke edgy fedoras who don't tip. I'm not an asshole.

No, you're just a chump.

When was the last time you tipped someone at McDonald's?

I avoid anything that involves tipping because I barely have enough money for myself and I'm not going to give you free money for doing your job.

I had a minimum wage job at 14.Now im regional manager :^)

so there's this one place with really nice bathrooms right where i meet my dealer..

i started tipping them very well sometimes so they don't complain about all the other times i just come in to shoot up in their bathroom and don't buy anything

..but in general i got a lot more cynical about tipping in general when i experienced real 5-star service. it's not that i expect that level of service where a meal costs $20 instead of $200, but that i'm expected to tip the same amount for their version of "good" service, and even the best service i've had a normal places simply doesn't approach the top tier places

youtube.com/watch?v=0fJCjet2e3U

I don't go out to eat a lot (especially at tip-preferred places). When I do, it's usually 15-20%, and then rounding up to the nearest dollar. So if it's like $10.12 and I'm reasonably happy, I'd tip $2.82 to make it $13. Whatever.

I don't know what someone could do to make me tip 50%. Maybe slip a nip or something.

they don't serve him. he orders pizza and chinese take out. hes a fat autistic faggot.

I make great money and actually appreciate good service at sit down restaurants.
Sorry you can't afford anything but McDonald's lol. Broke nigger.

Really? Using McDonald's as an example? Lmao. If they had a tip jar I'd probably leave a buck, not going to lie.
>I make over 120k

You're just a fat and greasy fedora.

Hahahahahahahahaha he's really a fat autistic faggot

10-15%, depending on how good the service is. Sometimes none at all if the service was shitty.

Tipping in general is a kind of virtue signaling; the cost of a waiter's service should be covered by the food and tip shouldn't be expected unless the service was outstanding. All the people saying that you're supposed to tip cause otherwise waiters don't make what they deserve forget that it's not the customer's responsibility to support the waiter - it's the employer's.