Is it true vinyls sound better than cds...

is it true vinyls sound better than cds? I listened to some playbacks on youtube and they don't even sound better than mp3s imo.

Oh you magnificent bastard.

I rate this bait a strong 6 to light 7

F A C E P A L M
A
C
E
P
A
L
M

bump for interest

ITT: a bunch of faggots under the placebo effect claim that their waste of money and space is justified by higher quality and dismiss anyone who challenges that as "bait"

Did you read OP's post? regardless of your opinion on vinyl you have to be an absolute moron to not see how this is bait.

...unless your comment is also bait.

They compared vinyl and CDs w/ youtube videos. youtube has notoriously shit sound quality.

UMM THATS BAIT I WIN THE ARGUMENT

nice placebo effect

This is pretty weak b8.

But to be frank, vinyl does technically have a slightly more "natural" sound than CD's but it's such a small difference, that you can't really notice it unless you use an extremely expensive set up, that I doubt most people on Sup Forums could afford, or like that one guy said, if you're under a placebo effect.

Bored so me answer. Sometimes vinyl does. Depends on the mastering, e.g. half mastered. Most times, not really. Anybody who says otherwise is an ass who justifies his beliefs using terms he can't really describe, like warm or natural. I prefer vinyl, but that doesn't mean I think it sounds better objectively.

>vinyl does technically have a slightly more "natural" sound than CD's

"Natural" is nothing more than a buzzword that people get away with because it's inherently vague.

There are no inherent differences between how vinyl and CD sound, they are just formats. It is everything else in the signal chain that creates the difference in sound.

I buy them cause I'm a general collector of things, and I'm also a huge music fan soo....

I don't really care. I buy vinyl because I like to have big versions of albums/album art I like.

bump

Vinyl is objectively worse. That "warmth" vinyltards talk about all the time is actually called distortion. This happens to all vinyl during the cutting process and it affects bass the most.

that's what I thought. fuck vinyl

what in the fuck is natural sound? all sound is just fucking sound you autistic fucks. go ahead and justify your 20 dollar album with words like "warm". jokes on you faggots.

>is it true vinyls sound better than cds?
Only if the mixing on the vinyl is better than the CD. In all other cases, no.

Most of the time vinyl just sounds better because it's not mastered so loud and has more dynamic range than digital version.