Huh, guess I've been listening to the wrong version all these years then

listen to Mono, it's the same pitch
Mono = how the Beatles wanted the songs to sound

B-but stereo sounds so nicely panned

you can still listen to it ;)

Their songs were in mono because their producer only had hearing in one ear

isnt that with the beach boys and brian wilson

B-B-B-B-B A S S // B O O S T E D

I wanted to listen to the remix last night but listened to the remaster by mistake

The remaster is just what they did in the 60s but cleaned up so it still had the awful hard panning of everything which is just annoying to listen to through headphones

>mfw they actually sidechained it

forgiven

Can I bump it in my car now?

So is this shit worth buying? I already have the 2009 remaster in both stereo and mono.

It sounds way better. You must be some kind of huge faggot.

Only if your car is hellaflush and stanced.

>Mono = how the Beatles wanted the songs to sound
No, Mono was how the songs had to be mixed for the vast majority of home audio players because stereo was prohibitively expensive until the end of the 60s.

stick to the mono senpai

I don't know if the new mix is better but it's refreshing to listen to a new version after all these years

The crescendos on A Day in the Life sound like shit

It's horribly compressed and limited. Audible distortion on many tracks.

No retard. They only had 4 track recorders back then.

Which could have perfectly worked in stereo if stereo equipment wasn't something only the richest and most obsessed audiophiles bought.

It wasn't impossible to properly pan things for stereo back then, most producers just didn't do it because most people had mono equipment. Why tailor mixes to a fringe market?

Thanks, familia

can you give some examples of distortion on it? i havent had time to listen that closely yet

Ditto, and I've listened to it closely several times. I didn't notice any clipping. It's compressed but not too overbearingly. I've heard much worse digital mastering.

Lucy in the sky with BOOM BOOM

If you love the differences of the mono and would love to hear a stereo version of that mix, it's worth it. It follows the original mono mix closely except now with stereo panning. The outtakes are cool too.

The remaster is "stereo of the mono," the mono and stereo had some differences of effects or takes or stuff, so the remaster is using everything the mono used and doing all the same effects, but in stereo. Normally, the stereo is a different mix from the mono alltogether

MY SIDES

how did you get the old captcha? I hate the new one where you click pictures

How about try and check the settings for once, newfriend?

anyone got links to all good mastered mono versions

>passed that AUX cord
>When I'm Sixty Four

apollo.rip

It bumps in the whip