I'm in a pretty weird but serious, possibly life or death dilemma Sup Forums

I'm in a pretty weird but serious, possibly life or death dilemma Sup Forums

Can I get some advice?

It might help if you told us what it actually is first?

So I have BIID and plan on losing my arm. I don't want my family knowing about that so I'm thinking about tying off my arm so there's little to no blood flow, putting an empty needle in it, and going and passing out in the alley behind my house

this can't be a real question, but somehow it is

Bro what the fuck.

Yea it's pretty weird and fucked up

Umm, why?

Honest question here:

What do you think that would accomplish?

I'm genuinely curious what you think that little ritual would accomplish (if anything), or is it more of a fantasy you are trying to act out?

Call it... Professional curiosity.

BIID = Body Identity Integrity Disorder

Basically I feel as if my arm is intruding on me, and it constantly makes me uncomfortable

Ritual? You do realize why I plan on using an empty needle and everything right? Because my family thinking I overdosed is better than them just thinking I'm a crazy weirdo

If you do please shove it up your ass and post pics. However, despite my ghoulish desire to see fucked up shit, I advise against this course. I recommend you take a while to reflect alone or with someone you trust about WHY THE FUCK YOU WANT TO DISMEMBER YOURSELF!

go see a therapist, or get a sling to put your arm in and hide it under your shirt so that it seems like you don't have an arm

your plan is dumb, you're going to die from blood loss

You realize that the plan clearly involves going to the hospital right

Have you considered therapy first? If you can acknowledge that you have a disorder already then there's a good chance you can feel normal eventually without removing your arm

Fuck me dude. Go get help.

sure but who the fuck is going to take you to the hospital? they'll just think you're a bum sleeping in the alley. don't really on other people when your life is at stake

I don't want my family knowing, and I don't have time

I'd have a cell phone on me, and I'd just be in the alley behind my backyard. Someone in my family would find me or I could just call 911

How about school or friends? Jesus Christ you have a disorder there friendo.

You arm its part of your body. Its all in your mind, you can beat it bro

You don't have time for therapy but you have time to fuck your body up for life? This has to be a troll man.

You asked for advice here and it's a pretty unanimous call for you to see a therapist.

Find time before you die trying to do something dangerous and retarded. You don't have to tell your family what you're going to therapy for and your doctor legally cannot tell them.

Spelled out once more for good measure: SEEK PROFESSIONAL HELP

This. Listen to the man op

Well I can hide it from my friends easily

I used to see a therapist for depression, but figured out that they never intend on helping. Really. I figured out how I should just be happy all on my own, and my therapist wouldn't accept it and said I should just keep seeing him and take pills and shit.

I'm still going to strongly suggest professional help

but if you're intent on doing this, I'd alter the plan a little: you call 911 before you pass out and act as if you're a passerby who just found you there, that way it doesn't seem planned but you get prompt medical care

Heres a thought.

Livestream it, and when you pass out, we will call the amberlance.
Ill personally ddos your stream too

>I'll personally ddos your stream

and they say chivalry is dead

Obviously you haven't figured out how to be happy on your own because you're considering removing your arm.

And if one therapist isn't working out for you you find a new one. And if you're seriously planning to remove your own arm then perhaps it's not so surprising that a doctor would recommend that you take medication.

Then there won't be enough time for my arm to die and require amputation

Plus can't they trace the number back to my phone?

Umm, that's a bad way to address the biid user. They won't automatically amputate your arm, they'll try to save it first, which will take days and days and be insane painful.

Well I'm happy as far as depression shit goes. And this was before I started having BIID

So you come on here asking for advice, and then when you get advice you refuse to do it because you don't like it.

So why ask us? Just fucking chop your arm off bro. All you're looking for here is validation, and clearly nothing we say or do is going to change your mind.
So just do it. And maybe livestream it?

I agree with dub guy

>buy motorcycle
>good chance of losing limb

also OP how often do you live using only one arm? have you boxed your hand etc? type with one hand?

where does the BIID start, shoulder elbow mid forearm?

Well, let me clarify.

I want to know if you have imagined that scenario in your head, if it has taken on a significance for you or something.

The reason being, you have been very specific about the scenario you have described. I'm sure you've played it out in your mind a thousand times.

I want to know how you envision it turning out. What is your "mission criteria", as it were; what outcome would be considered a success?

bro if i were you i would ask a doctor to put me in a state of a medically induced coma.. maybe that would help

If I lost my arm, and my family never knew I did it on purpose

And honestly I haven't put a ton of thought into it. It's a pretty simple plan and I haven't really mentally replayed it much

Omg I was in your thread a few weeks ago.

Still haven't chucked that useless appendage? Jeez dude just hang your arm out the car window going into oncoming traffic like I told you. There are many ways to do this, just gotta be man enough to tell your family afterwards

I'd look at laying off the drugs for a bit. BIID isn't a thing its psychosomatic all in your head

Somehow I think your family would rather know you have an "ilness" rather than thinking you're a junkie.
They'll start blaming themselves.
Assume your disorder.
Where are you from?

I try to use my left arm as little as possible. I type, and even play vidya with one hand. I only ever reall use my left hand around people.

lets say get rid of the arm successfully. What are you gonna do 6-12 months later when your brain tells you, you don't like the one you have left ?
or a leg or your dick?

I don't use drugs

>"I need advice"
>"But user why?"
>"Ah, i just wanna loose my arm forever"
>"BUT user, WHY?"
>"It's a part of my body yet nobody ever asked me if I want it"
>WHY

Do you live near Mexico? Pretty sure you could find a doctor to do it for you there

He doesn't wanna hide his arm, he feels like his arm doesn't belong to his body.
Do some research, the web's your best friend.

I'm going to add
>OP claims he wants to lose and arm
but
>obviously someone in his family finding him is more important, despite the whole thing supposed to be secret

what makes you think your little drugless needle is going to go unnoticed?
>doc he OD'd
>pull a drug panel
>no drugs in his system
>mr. user your wife's son tried to destroy his arm not realizing it takes more than 5 minutes with a heroin rubber to do any damage... WE RECOMMEND THERAPY

now everybody knows

seriously just tell your family you need more therapy for the depression, you're worried it might come back. then tell the therapist about your REAL problem. if they tell your family sue the dr, get rich and pay for an amputation in mexico.

I don't think that's how the disorder works

OP do you happen to be rich? because if so I would try a shit load of homopathic solutions. I think the cause of the problem could be lack of proper nutirtion and or blood flow to the arm. maybe your arm has a clot and you want it amputated in order to make sure you don't die from it. there are a lot of possibilities here. the inner intution is rarely wrong. How-ever it might be possible to change your inner intution if you are able to heal yourself. I know the thought of actually losing your arm does not sound realistically like a good thing. Perhaps you need to heal your arm. Get massages on it. Tell your family it hurts and that it is in pain like you pulled a muscle.

>Jeez dude just hang your arm out the car window

inb4 OP is too young to drive

Anymore you mean. You told me you used to do some hardcore shit and your family knew, but you quit

>around people
found your problem

No offense, but it's a shit plan.
How long are you planning before you are found?
What will you tell your family when your tox screen is clean?

What the fuck? As in what the actual fuck?
You can logically come to the conclusion that you don't need a therapist at all because you can battle your depression, but somehow, you can give into the idea that your arm is just an intrusion? Please, don't be this retarded.

Did your therapist know you had biid?

I don't know, say I'm in a state of shock myself?

It is in some cases

do you ever fap with it, just to spice things up a bit? How would that feel.... this is weird shit

there was a pretty good anonymous article on that body mod site a few years ago about this exact thing, good pics, backstory

personally I'd give up both legs and a nut before one of my fingers, but I'm not insane

More likely a chemical imbalance, as with most disorders.

>expecting a person who wants to take their arm off to be rational

You'd prefer not walking to having a single finger missing? Those must be some good nose diggers

What if you grow another arm after you've chopped the one you've got? Have you ever thought about that?

Quite a few people with the same disorder actually go through with it. There are a few docos on the net about it.

I think the first step to working past this disorder is recognizing it's not normal. You're not a freak or anything, but you have a mental and physiological condition that compels you to want to part with something that's just as much a component of your body as a vital organ, and it's not normal, logical or even sensible.

Part of me also sees it rather selfish if you were to allow yourself to voluntarily relinquish something that many people through no fault of their own would give up a great deal to have.

Your body and its health is a gift man, please learn to love who you are.

homemade guillotine
its quick and clean, in a way

Have you researched the requirements for amputation? Are you sure you can do enough damage to require amputation and not just end up with nerve and tissue damage?

What if op finds out he had a transplant early as a kid, but the doctor accidentally replaced his arm with one from a serial killer, and now it's grown a will of its own and tries to kill him in his sleep?

I'm ambidextrous and do a ton of shit with my hands. I'm seriously more worried about losing a pinky on my motorcycle than a leg, and I've already nearly lost my leg.

Seriously a band-aid on my ring finger seriously fucks my shit up. I could have been a pianist if I had any musical talent, I use my hands so much.

It's a quality of life thing I guess.

What if op is a serial killer who was transplanted onto a normal arm?

This wont work all that well, youll just cause blood clots that will kill you

You need to crush your arm

That's stupid.

>and I don't have time
Then how the fuck are you going to get by with one arm? If you don't have time to attempt therapy you do not have time to be missing a limb.

God help us all if he removes the only thing holding him back

Exactly why I'm pissed at this guy. He went to a therapist for depression and decided that he didn't even need that. Good for him. He doesn't feel like his arm should be there. He knows that it's not normal. He admits it. Okay fuck it, I'm removing it.

Do some exercises. Fap with that arm or some shit. Use it more. You're helping out your disability by letting it win over you.

If you actually feel that way, then I guess it would be "right" and make perfect sense in your mind. Talk to a therapist. Just to let it out and to see how you feel after speaking with someone.

Simpsons muh?

just fuckign shoot up with krokodile OP

ffs you don't even read half the advice

>. Fap with that arm or some shit.

It would feel like someone else is doing it.
OP is a lucky fuck

I think this guy made some good points, OP

It seems tobme that if you removed your arm then the "phantom " arm would still feel foreign and then and prosthetic wouls also feel foreign.
Because its a mental disorder physically removing anything will not cure it.

OP seems very young. Lots of immaturity in posts.

Pic related

I'm wishing for OP to stage an accident but fuck it up and lose the RIGHT arm

My life is the Simpsons.

Literally raised by television, and any situation can relate to the Simpsons in some way... can you guess which other shitposts might be mine?

Then the scenario you have outlined above is incompatible with that goal.

If you want a cry for attention from your family, you do what you suggested.

Tying off your arm would become painful fairly quickly; you wouldn't be able to "pass out" any more than if I was standing on your arm (which is what it would feel like.) On the subject of effect; in order for the tissues in your arm to die and begin to become necrotic (i.e. require an amputation which in all likelihood may be limited to your fingers/hand) you are talking a matter of a day or so. Your arms and legs have a lot of redundancies, and permanent damage is unlikely. What is equally unlikely is your ability to tie off your arm sufficiently tight, as it would require the use of both arms and potentially mechanical assistance - which would make it very obvious you had done it on purpose.

As I suggested, it is more likely that you actually DO want to be found, and this is a cry for attention.

Seeking attention in such a way is extremely manipulative and generally speaks of a very conceited and self-centered person. A person who sees themselves as fairly humble and self-deprecating -- and uses this to forgive yourself for the shitty things you do to people.

"I hate myself, so it's okay that I treat the people around me like shit." Even though you are only ever looking out for number one, you think by repeating the self-hate mantras, that it's somehow okay.

You're a sociopath.

If you want to lose your arm and make it look like an accident, take up carpentry. I suspect that your motives are quite different though.

Phantom limb doesn't happen to everyone who loses a limb.
Some cases only

He's not a drunken surgeon, I think he can remember the proper arm

found pic of OP

Kek, noice one Sup Forumsro!
Some are pretty obvious.

But that's his strong hand

I just realized you are trying to make it look like you nodded off doing heroin

You DO realize that you dont get the rush until you take the tie off your arm?

natural selection at its finest. go ahead OP, KYS

Well said. Op will experience a phantom limb sensation for many years, still not be happy and now he'll be down one less functional part of his body to boot.

Learning to walk and manage your balance in daily routines would be weird, man. You don't even think about these things but your whole fulcrum of weight will be off when you're moving around.

>show that ran for 30 years
>covered fucking everything
>entire southpark dedicated to how simpsons did everything already
>show encompasses everything

naturally a lot of it rings true, I mean a subset of everything ever is going to match your life pretty good.

it happens

if you really wanna do it man then chop it off with a chain saw or something, crush it in a wood splitter so atleast u dontlook like a junkie cuz u urself care what ur parents think

Except he's not looking to kill himself, and can easily reproduce with one arm.

So... natural selection doesn't even come into play here

OP is an attention whore. Get help or cut it off. Then you will have my permission to die

Wouldnt being less attractive to the opposite sex due to an abnormality be the idea?

come to Sup Forums to fap
wind up talking to some 12yo about his BIID

I hate you all so much