ITT: acceptable Greatest Hits albums

ITT: acceptable Greatest Hits albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rIDVk6JKegw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump

Many 50s and 60s acts are fine for greatest hits because they never recorded with the "album as an artform" in mind. Albums then for the most part were the 1-3 singles, and whatever else they could scrap together in a day to fill out the record.

An uncommon, but not unheard of circumstance: SPBP.

Aretha put out an album that was produced in Alabama. One of the white musicians made a pass at her,hubby got mad so they finished the album in New York.

pic related

also:
Greatest Hits - The Red Hot Chili Peppers
The Cream of Clapton - Eric Clapton
Legend - Bob Marley

>Legend - Bob Marley
The best greatest hits album ever IMO. Second would be like, Chronicle by CCR or 1 by the Beatles

???

Legend gave me a skewed image of Marley, it misses great tracks like off of Natural Mystic

I mean this Natural Mystic, there's two albums by him called that.

one hit wonder

1962-1966 and 1967-1970 too

and pic related

Bob Marley is actually fantastic. He's just one of many acts that image-obsessed people here won't give a chance.

This. And it actually extends into the 80s as well.

any top 40 pop act really

Once In A Lifetime - The Best of Talking Heads

For people who want to listen to listen to Blind without having Naked or Road to Nowhere without having True Stories

I think it's funny that the influences (50's pop, do-wop, blues etc) sound nothing like what the wailers made. although I don't know much about Caribbean trad. music or calypso type stuff so it might sound like that

if all or most of the songs in it were never released in an album, then it's acceptable

on topic, pic related.

offtopic, what song is this from?
youtube.com/watch?v=rIDVk6JKegw
I think I heard it from a game or show my old friend used to be into but I'm not getting any hits

Dionne Warwick
Dusty Springfield

Aretha had a pretty good run of albums in the 60s-70s that might as well be her Greatest Hits

Absolutely haram Greatest Hits: David Bowie, Talk Talk

Blur? yeah kinda but outside of Song 2 they have some great tracks
coffee and tv, tender, beetlebum...

the entire albums of modern life is rubbish, parklife, the great escape, 13, think tank, the magic whip, blur

They're only one-hit wonders if you lived in America. Literally everywhere else in the world, especially in their native UK, they were one of the world's biggest bands in the 90s and had tons of hits.
They just never crossed over well, they were obnoxiously British. Ironically the one song they made to poke fun at American grunge ended up being their biggest hit there.

THISS

Thank you, I came to post that.

My mom had it on cassette and would play it on long car rides and while I didn't really appreciate it then, one night, I was probably 12 or so.
It was the night before I was going to go on vacation to Hawaii, and I had to sleep on the couch.
So I decided fuck it, I'm going to listen to this album because it was one of the few ones we had.
Thus started my appreciation for ABBA.

>End of journal posting

If anyone ever tells you they don't like ABBA just don't talk to them/hang out with them.

This is better.

Has pretty much every major track off of every pre System Has Failed album

most soul desu