ARTHURRRR

Manta confirmed for Aquaman films villain. Cast this nigger.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

larry fishburne

Is Terry Crews too old?

We just cast this nigger not 5 minutes ago.

Also, either Stephen James or Michael Jai White.

Idris Elba.

Seriously.

He's literally playing every black role right now.

>2016
>black guy as a villain
is DC this crazy?

he wasn't black in Star Trek Beyond

Deadshot is a villain and he's black, so is Killer Croc.

I'd nominate this guy, but he's already cottonmouth for Luke Cage.

>I didn't watch the movie

It's ok to have a black villain so long as the hero is not white.

Idris Elba

Not memeing this time.

What's his deal anyway?

Visually perfect for the role.

Manta was robbing aquamans fathers boat and died of a heart attack. Blind with rage, aquaman went looking for manta and snapped his fathers neck (again, blind rage. Arthur thought it was manta). Manta literally arrived on the scene to see his fathers corpse at aquamans feet. He's been hounding him ever since.

Shit that's better than reverse flash's whole deal.

>Snapped his father's neck
Is this a common theme in the DC universe?

>Kidnapped and raped by pirates as a child and Aquaman didn't save him

>He's autistic and doctors fucked him up while he watched the shitty Aquaman cartoon

>Manta is just some opportunistic sea-thug and then he and Aquaman accidentally kill each others fathers

Take your pick.

He hates Aquaman. That's his whole deal.

Over time, he's come up with elaborate false backstories for himself to troll Aquaman.

>Claimed he wanted to create a safe haven for black people in the ocean where they'd be safe from persecution so people would think Aquaman is racist.

>Claiming to be a former child slave who was being raped on a ship's deck while Aquaman passed by swimming with dolphins and ignored him, so people would think Aquaman is an asshole

>Claimed he's autistic so people would think Aquaman is a dick who beats up the disabled.

He also killed Aquaman's son, continuously tried to fuck Aquaman's wife, actually fucked Aquaman's evil sister-in-law and Aquaman later sort-of adopted his son, cut off Aquaman's hand like twice, killed all of Aquaman's friends, and once murdered a store full of people because he saw a picture of Aquaman on TV.

they are villains but were protagonists of the story

Why not Keith David?
He's a bit old, but in good shape for his age and certainly has the voice for it.

I'd totally be down. Just get a stunt double for the helmet stuff.

But Aquaman is white.

/r9k/ but fish instead of women. Also canonically autistic.

The new Darth Vader

Super rich too.

DC villains are all total fucking shit. The heroes aren't much either.

Fuuuuuuck.

>the go to casting choice for every black capeshit character

I fucking love Manta

DC aren't cucks. WB has less bluepilled source material to draw on than Disney does with Marvel.

I'm sure you mean Marvel.

DC objectively has better heroes and villains than Marvel. Hell, Marvel doesn't even HAVE villains- why do you think all they do is fight each other?

how long before the inevitable shitstorm of yet another DC racist and problematic character

Ahh, classic DC.
>Our hero/villain needs an origin story
>Fuck it, just have it being orphan and/or rape

Theyre already shitting on Skwad for having Deadshot.

fuck manta is so based

does he live in the seas too? then it's unlikely that he got tanned to be a black man. sun dont shines too deep into the water so he should be pale as fuck

no, their fan base are

>multicultural squad
>black boss lady
>blackwashed deadshot
>jewess wwoman
>not bluepilled

perfect

I want to see Khal Drogo use a magic hand to cure someone's autism

This origin I think is the least retarded, but I wish there was no origin.
I think Black Manta would work best if nobody knew why he had this seething hatred for Aquaman, not even Aquaman himself.

>we're running for our lives! better get all this exposition out of the way for people who aren't up to date on the comics!

I'm glad I grew out of this shitty medium.

>Black kid with autism who loves to swim

Is Manta the most original capeshit character ever

After the reception of BvS, I don't think they're ever going to leave any character point not expressly explained in detail ever again.

YJ Manta looks just like Michael Jai White.

The protagonist is also non white so it's cool

A shame, because it's not origin stories that we want, but just the basic expositions that drive a scene and make us care about the characters instead of "moments".
youtube.com/watch?v=38Cy_Qlh7VM

Context
>Aquaman is in the middle of some important political shit
>Manta busts out of the ocean with a bunch of thugs
>Manta previously murdered Aquamans baby and his wife left him unable to deal with the drama (although it turns out she was secretly kidnapped and raped by an Aquaman lookalike with whom she raised a child - fucking comics)

Wesley Snipes.

DC shops bargain bin anyways.

>he's an asshole

Now thats a good Super Villain origin.

Someone post those panels where big man manta goes batshit insane and murders his costumers when the news claim aquaman is alive

savage af

You can't do that. People shit on them now for even including scenes explaining current events (like the SS Cell Phone scene.)

They HAVE to explain every little thing or else people will bitch and praise Marvel some more.

Same. That's why I grew out of books. Too many goddamn words.

It's true.

>don't include explanation for the previous stories
>"ugh why does DC make it so hard for new readers to get into comics?!"

>include background
>"UGH why do they explain all this shit ai should already know?!"

this is why pandering to MCUcks is stupid

>Lied so people would think Aquaman is racist.

>Lied so people would think Aquaman is an asshole

>Lied so people would think Aquaman is a dick who beats up the disabled.

Could we be seeing the first cinematic SJW villain in capeshit?

Again, basic exposition that holds a scene and makes it play out logically is not the same as an origin story.
If you plant something it better pay off, and a pay off needs to be signaled earlier in some way.
I haven't seen Suicide Squad, but BvS in particular was terrible at this.

quick snippets thrown together for you

By all means have the explanation there, but inset some flashback panels or something. Having it done in dialogue while the characters are sprinting away from being shot with missiles is unequivocally retarded.

It's a shame, because some of Snyder's visuals are fantastic.
It would be cool if they could get a director who can actually tell a story, but retain Snyder as a cinematography/storyboard consultant or something.

BY THE HYDRO-PANTS OF RODUNN

Are they gonna fuck?

Is he cumming in the water?

I agree, he's very talented visually. Problem is, he isn't much else, usually rising and falling with the material provided to him, with his own additions beyond the visual usually falling flat. But the bigger issue are the powers that be at WBs film division, and their lack of courage and restraint to just leave the more talented and creative people alone in doing the thing they're hired to do. Excessive backseat meddling and egotistic tomfoolery is why we're not getting good scripts or good edits, with a lot of vain "producer visionary" visuals and ideas thrown in in a very obvious manner (PENIS COFFINS! GIANT OCTOPUS WORLD ENGINE! JAR OF PISS! BLUE LASER SHOOTING UP INTO THE SKY! WHAT IF JOKER HOT TOPIC CROWD?).

Spider-Man and Batman have good villains. Every other villain in both DC AND Marvel is shit.

So taskmaster, captain cold, the red skull and sivana are shit villains, eh?

Or are you just memeing?

I'm exaggerating for comedic effect. Flash villains are pretty cool too, although I always thought it was funny that the most OP hero has the weirdest, least OP villains
>A dude with a freeze gun
>A dude who throws boomerangs
>A gorilla with psychic powers

I like Magneto too. Red Skull never did much for me, but different strokes for different folks, eh?

Oh and Black Adam. Black Adam is the man.

Taskmaster is pretty shit, yeah. I don't think I've ever seen a good story with him in it.

Haha dude wtf

Well shit, user, if you've never seen it, case closed.

Can you show one to me?

Not specifically but I can say, for example, anything involving Taskmaster during Siege was the only good thing to come out of that shit.