/mlb/

no trades
no signings
no baseball

Other urls found in this thread:

sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/wilson-contreras-chicago-cubs-2016-mlb-world-series-champions-autographed-world-series-logo-baseball.html
twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/492741404947263490
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no cute gf to watch baseball with

first for beltre

Astros

>Gehrig's teammates and coaches knew something was wrong with him when he only split .295/.410/.523 in his final season
F

as much as we all hate each other, we can all agree zack hample is a faggot that needs to eat concrete

>Hample gets cucked twice in 5 minutes
>Rags continue to rag
name a better game from 2016

even if they gave him bonds' steroids he wouldn't have been as good as bonds

post him eating elbow

being this obsessed

i like the video where he outs himself as an upper class manhattanite yuppie

Royals

The worst feel.

The worst feel

>no Heidi Watney gf to talk baseball with

>tattoo
Degenerate. The body is a sacred temple.

don't be a faggot, you know you'd love to completely body check this cunt out of reach of ortiz's last dinger then watch him cry and sperg at you

>Didi Gregorious makes Yankees fans euphorious.

Her body is a sacred temple for my dick to enter

I think that's just body art.

What do y'all have in your diamond dynasty lineup?

I have:

1 - Ricky Henderson (LF)
2 - Ernie Banks (SS)
3 - Kris Bryant (2016 Diamond) (3B)
4 - Frank Thomas (1B)
5 - Mike Piazza (C)
6 - Ryne Sandberg (2B)
7 - Andrew McCutchen (CF)
8 - Orel Herscheser (SP)
9 - Tony Gwynn (RF)

Do you guys think it would be easier to play dominoes on pizza or pasta?

What type of pasta are we talking here?

You do realize that they were juicing back then (monkey testosterone and uppers), and that Yankee Stadium was the most hitter-favorable park in live-ball era history right?

Monkey testosterone has shown no positive effects on human performance. And that still doesn't change the fact that Lou Gehrig was literally dying of ALS his final season.

lou gehrig must've made a deal with the devil or some shit.

you can't be that good in both performance and character and play for the yankees, it's just wrong.

8-10 year old pasta

lol look at this goofy looking kindergardner scribbles signature
sportsmemorabilia.com/sports-products/wilson-contreras-chicago-cubs-2016-mlb-world-series-champions-autographed-world-series-logo-baseball.html

>tfw she could've been anything she wanted to, perfect in almost every way
>tfw she will never see your face, know your name, cuddle w you during thes eries by the firelight

why even live m8
why. even. live.

>the rockies were 42-39 at home with a 5.40 staff ERA
>but 33-48 on the road with a 4.40 staff ERA

when is coors getting bulldozed

Why don't you have Russell at SS? He's a clutch hitter, at least for a shortstop. Or he will be in 2017

kekked gently, please just stop this

My account got banned cause my gamer tag was Hitler related. Woops. So I haven't played since October, but I had a beast team
Cespedes, Trout, Bautista
97 Wright, 90 Reyes, Dozier, FB Fielder
FB Mauer at catcher. I remember being halfway done with the rookie mission.

Kek

Don't forget those RBIs and home runs, user

>RBIs
It should be RsBI you illiterate fuck.

>there are people who take themselves seriously but unironically use handles like "xX_leEbinHIDLERdindonuffinxDDDD_Xx24"

RBI is already plural you fucking mouth breather

>Russell over Mr. Cub

but your edge is so dull

RBI is a singular unit. You pluralize it by putting an s at the end. Speaking it or pluralizing the written out/full thing is another issue entirely

box scores must be utterly confusing for you

Wow...

retards baiting other retards with retarded shitposts then retards ironically shitposting to bait back more retards, once of which sincerely replies and the get baited only to become a shitposting retard trying to bait the original retard who gets baited but only because he's actually setting up a proto-bait for the next retard

Was this English, or Canadian?

american

Do people here realize how rare and great Alex Rodriguez truly is, and how he was the most complete baseball player of all time?
>elite fielding at SS, won 2 Gold Gloves
>extreme speed and power, him and Jose Canseco are the only members of the 40/40 club
>career .295 hitter despite last 3 seasons where his body was failing him
>hit 696 HRs, he could've broke Babe Ruth's record if he decides to stay another season
>truly the most complete baseball player of all time

Hol up

you forgot about the having a portrait of himself as a centaur

>a-roid will never beat based ruth's record

Barry Bonds benefited the most from the steroid era. He juiced the most in his final 4 years, turning into a WWF wrestler. Arod on the other hand, didn't have that luxury. If he did, he'd fucking murder Bonds' stats.

>not understanding universal sarcasm

>be american
>joke around with canadians
> :^ l every time

but Red Green is hilarious

A-rod hit in Yankee stadium though, aka easy mode
Wheras Bonds played most of his time in AT&T park, which is fucking cancer for lefties and hitters in general

>Him and Jose Canseco are the only members of the 40/40 club
Bonds and Soriano too. Soriano is the only non-steroid user to be in it.
>Hit 696 HRs, he could've broke Babe Ruth's record if he decides to stay another season
Definitely not. He couldn't hit for shit this season, especially as the season passed the mid point.

Windians

well now that I look the last portion does seem to be overall sarcastic. before that though was exactly what I described, and it happens everywhere

>tfw shitposting clown IRL
>tfw no friends to play the straight man

most canucks are pretty jokey though, probably just met the wrong crowd or came off like an arrogant douche

>Bonds played most of his time in AT&T park, which is fucking cancer for lefties and hitters in general

It amazes me how often this fact is overlooked. Put him in any other park except maybe Houston and wew

>we don't live in the timeline where bonds played for the red sox in the ALE

I wanna go to that world and check out all the holes in the monster

>Aroid

i don't have the image but his career in coors would be out of this world even more than his irl stats. His 2004 coors field numbers is fucking amazing

You have redeemed yourself my mountie friend

Everything is going to be just fine

Didn't AT&T open in like 2000? Wouldn't most of his games have been played in Candlestick and Three Rivers Stadium?

Maybe if he played that season he was banned in

>you now realize a-roid's suspension is what kept from passing babe

what's like to feel the cold hard wrath of the baseball gods breathing down your neck

AT&T indeed opened in 2000, but Bonds retired in fucking 2007. He definitely took a hit from those 7 years

these?

WHERE ARE MY JANSEN AND TURNER SIGNINGS

>OPS of 1.6 at his home field
Jesus Christ Barry

similar but it was his yearly stats placed in Coors fields

Miami and Cards are working on it

Sup /mlb/. Who are the good guys of the mlb? In my opinion, they are:

-Astros
-Mariners
-Phillies
-Twins
-Cubs
-Padres
-Royals

The jack-off teams (the sorts of teams whose fans pick fights with people of different fanbases/chuck beers onto the field, intentionally hit batters for accidental shit, etc)
-Blue Jays
-Red Sox
-Indians
-White Sox
-Dodgers*
-Giants

Any teams not mentioned have meh fanbases and meh teams. Am I missing anything?

Turner, I can understand moving to the Cardinals (though I am sure he understands that the Cardinals have even less of a chance beating the Cubs in the playoffs than the Dodgers did in '16), but why the hell would Jansen move to Miami? Has he given up on the playoffs?

money

"jack-off" team == Pirates. What the fuck is the asterisk for?

his actual stats adjusted according to coors' ratings? I mean, his home splits adjusted

crap, that makes way more sense. I was going to try and make a fake bonds career by adjusting his coors splits year-by-year to be per 162 though now I realize that would imply he played 162 games at coors for every season of his career

though couldn't I halve those numbers (per 81 games, essentially a home split), add that year's away split to it, and still come out with something somewhat faithful to what I'm trying to do, that being creating an imaginary career where bonds played for the rockies?

here's the same table per 162 games, which highlights another problem to my approach. bonds played ten games at coors in 2004 but only started 9, and thus in the extrapolation, he only starts 145 times. which isn't terribly inaccurate in this case but if he had a shitty series against coors one year it's going to stand out

why the asterisk for Dodgers?

Bitch please he juiced for his first like 10 seasons.

Bonds was literally two different HOF caliber players.

>Indians in that category

>Cubs
>good guys

no fucking way

People have actually been stabbed/killed at AT&T Park by a Giants fan for wearing a Dodgers hat. So, even though Dodgers fans are mostly hispanic gang members, at least they haven't killed a rival team's fan.

Clearly this guy is a Twins fan.

Only Twins fans cry about big city AL Central teams like the Whos and the Indians.

Threadless reminder that Mike Trout will be

>2017 all star MVP
>2017 AL MVP
>2017 world series MVP

And there is nothing you can do to stop him

But, this I don't get. I'm no Cubs fan (go Astros or go home), but to stick with that team for so long is admirable. Eh, maybe you're seeing something I'm not? Can't imagine gang bangers rocking a Cubs jersey.

Is Trout becoming an Indian?

Highly doubt Twins fans would be here.

i found it, it was this tweet twitter.com/mccoveychron/status/492741404947263490

>stupid, annoying fan base filled with girls and dumb chads wearing sandals
>rich as fuck team
>stole harry carray from the white sox and proclaim him god and savior
>built their stadium and neighborhood into capitalistic retardation dream
>sammy sosa treated as a god
>go cubs go is annoying as fuck
>(((epstein)))
>purchased by a newspaper who then built their entire fanbase through reporting

The Angles are actually projected to reach the Wild Card in 2017. They might even crack 90 wins. Why? I have no idea.

>Yankees, Rangers, or Royals not jackoff teams
Wew what

You sound jealous more than anything else. Sounds like a pretty smart team that knows how to market their brand. Target rich/upper class white folks. Y'know, people who actually buy shit. Eh, that doesn't do it for me.

Get OOTPBB

I swear I wrote the rags write under the blue jays, ah well.

My favorite thing is how the Cubs try to act like they were underdogs when they were favored (heavily) going into the series
Do they get to play the AL Central a lot? That could be it. Lots of T___s, White Sox, and Royals could put them over somehow

There are very few Cusb fans, most are just northside trash that think it's cool to go to an expensive bar and watch a game sometimes. A problem that will be exponentially worse now.

yeah I found it too

>you will never see anyone slug over 1.000

still really interested as to the methodology though, did they make it so that every game he played was at coors or were there away splits too? would love to find the source

nigga you're a genius. I already have it, got tired of trying to make a whole team of Bartolos yesterday, this should be much simpler

>Cubs not underdogs in any year except 2017
I think it was the whole curse and pressure of >100 years that people were sure would cause them to choke. Hence, being the underdog.

Yeah, that division looks garbage this year. Indians guaranteed to win the division. They have no competition.

Until it's clear they'll miss the postseason because they were babbied the whole way.

Okay. I still don't get the hate. Is this how people act towards fans of teams that have recently won the World Series? I wasn't around here in 2016 when the Royals did.

But that's a franchise record, it has nothing to do with the team itself. You don't get to have the best record and have media declare you the winner before the series even started and get to be an underdog.

No this is literally their fanbase for the last 20 years, are you dumb?