Recovering addicts are some of the worst people

Recovering addicts are some of the worst people

The stigma around the treatment of addiction is a problem in itself.

It really gives those addicts motivation to turn their lives around when society sees them as scum of the earth.

The chances of them being addicts heavily relates to their upbringing though. Shitty childhood correlates with higher rates of addiction.

But yeah, addicts are shitty to deal with.

>It really gives those addicts motivation to turn their lives around when society sees them as scum of the earth.
Sarcasm heavily intended

I've never understood the people who claim to be "addicted" to cigarettes.

When I smoked, I did it purely to have something to do socially in smoker's circles in the club scene. The real incentive to stop was when I realized it was literally burning money with no real gain from doing so. When I stopped, I just stopped; there was no period of "withdrawal" to be had.

I'm still convinced that people that smoke and say they can't quit are just vying for attention.

You were probably bum puffing

op are you retarded? its easily to be physically and mentally addicted to substances.

its like saying withdrawals aren't real

anybody who tells you that you aren't in control of yourself is lying to you

anybody who tells you that you were "born this way" is lying to you

how patronizing is it to tell people that they can't control what they fuck or ingest? you're practically telling them it's normal to be immature losers.

Retard

that's the most retarded thing I've read all day.
good job user. Enjoy your solipsistic nightmare.

recovering addict here
i can confirm

I have been smoking socially for a year now, sometimes I stop for weeks, not smoking entirely and not feeling a single urge to smoke, it's all in your head.

Also I know how to smoke and when I go out I smoke the fuck out of cigs.

dick

I agree I've taken every drug under the sun. It's my own choice and it's my responsibility not to go too far. The idea that addiction is a disease is bullshit, addiction is a behaviour.

Sure.

But isn't the lack of choice defined in the word addiction?

No one choices to become addicted. They make choices that lead to addiction.

I enjoy boobies.

I was born this way. I don't know why, and I can't change it. I enjoy boobies, and not penis, no matter how much I try to change that.

you lot are so fucking sheltered. you don't just wake up one morning and decide fuck it i'm going tobe a heroin junkie. sure you make a series of bad choices which evetually lead to full blown addiction.

Idk a lot of recovering addicts are holier-than-thou, but why hate on people who are trying to better themselves? Calling it a disease is fucking retarded. Cancer is a disease. Physical addiction is obviously a real thing, though I've never heard anybody say otherwise. Ever seen a dope addict in recovery? No fucking joke.

>whaaa
>I want to shove this needle in my arm
>but I'm in recovery
>feel bad for me I have a disease
>whaaa

are you 12 or something

Are you a addict

yes, I am.

Then load another spike and kill urself

please

>partying, doing drugs, getting wasted
>no willpower or self-control
>money runs out, family and friends tired of your shit
>"hurr durr look at me - I'm a recovering addict, so brave, so inspiring"

non-degenerate people never sink that low in the first place.

I could just borrow some of that edge of you user

I can confirm that I start and quit smoking whenever I decide i want to. In fact, even whenI smoke, i test myself by not smoking for few days..hmm. maybe that is why i dont get addicted to nicotine.
Also, now i see how one could make a series of bad choices and get addicted. I don't make a series of bad choices. I make a bad choice (to smoke) then i make a good choice by skipping few days. I understand not all people have the same circumstances as me. Good luck to yous who are recovering.

Yep. Makes studies on addiction biased crap shoots as well.

are ppl "born to" fuck goats or children or nothing?

are you "born to" chop your dick off and parade yourself as a sissy?

what a sad existence for ppl who are "born that way"

My, my, user. You're very retarded, aren't you?
Should I call the nurse?

I should add that i also agree with people who dont give a fuck about recovering addicts. If you are an addict and trying to recover, more power to you but it is your fight. I wish you good luck but I dont think non-addicts owe anything to you, including sympathy. It is not their responsibility. Just like people "celebrating" Prince's death as if he was a saint! Give me a break! He was a drug addict who died of an overdose. Screw him. His death deserves as much sympathy as a homeless drug addict's death would.

nobody said that surrendering your freewill and responsibility happens overnight, faggot

keep beating to death that indefensible argument that nobody made, you're so good at it

>this

it's like women who've "attempted" suicide.....five or six times

But there are people with strong enough psychosis to play to either side of the issue which makes management impossible without support that none of these people have

bum puffer detected

>addiction is fake because this one time...

Thank you for your stupid stories. My whole outlook on addiction has changed. This is sarcasm.

>smoking socially for a year now
>I know how to smoke and when I go out I smoke the fuck out of cigs.

big boy