Just got my first motorcycle, how long do I have before I Crash and die? Also post your bikes

Just got my first motorcycle, how long do I have before I Crash and die? Also post your bikes

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/qQxThXb
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I used to have an SV until it died, feltbadman, wont be long until the sweet release of death now user

depends how lucky you are

the way assholes are driving these days, i wouldn't ride a bike on a fucking bet. it's a suicide pact. i barely feel safe in a truck

and my dad rode an indian chief back in the '50s. i've still got the windshield.

I ride my nephew's moped to the store to get oil for my bike, I have a new found respect for people who ride these. It's terrifying.

2006 Suzuki SV650S

depend on where you live

currently: Ducati Monster 100S
Next Week: Harley Sportster 883 Iron

I think you'd be better off in the /dbt/.

I've got the SV1000, naked version like yours.

Great bikes user

Daytona

I put 20k miles on my ninja in 1 year (no car)

No crashes. Never dropped it once.

Honda CBR500 track only. Don't ride on the street anymore.

1984 Vespa PX125EFL frame
red primer then high reflect silver base coat
deep red stenciled dragon art work
mat black edging
red candy over everything
shit loads of clearlacquer over the lot
1958 single saddle,tray and pad
stainless steel crash bars back and front(front ones not in pc)
Lambretta GP/Jet front mudguard

1963 Vespa GL150 engine
32/32 carb
re-ported from single port to 4 port induction
Yamaha reed valves
Bultaco piston
Malossi 166 head
lightened flywheel
poished,lightened and ported crank
lightweight con rod
oil flow etched inner casing
T5 primary gears
T5 final drive gears
Simonini race pipe , baffles removed
Ducati CDI ignition pack
Koni adjustable shocks
Schwable weatherman tyres

Dracrays, the unburnt,

27 minutes
RIP in piece OP

Goddamn 2012 Kawasaki Ninja

Look where you want to go.
Always be looking ahead.
Anticipate other drivers doing dumb shit.
Your bike can't brake any faster than a car.
Wear gear.

Ride within your limits and you will ride at least a week before you crash and die.

Beep beep, bitches.

2004 Yamaha R6.

listen to this guy, truer words have not been spoken.

Ayy i got the same bike as you. In silver tho

You probably wont die OP.

Just dont ride like an asshole, and approach intersections assuming that chinese or black lady is going to pull out in front of you

How do you like your R6? I really want to get one

Notblong enough

Fuck bikers i hope you all die wrapped round a tree

I have gsf 650. No photo, because why the fuck would I take a picture of a fucking bike. I like to ride it, not look at it.

Roads , where were going we don't need roads

First bike I bought, not even an 30 mins after purchasing it, some dumb cunt pulled out in front of me with her big ass SUV and just slowly crossed the road. Luckily I was riding slow and watching a head.

Always keep your eyes looking a head. Make sure to look both ways when going through an intersection, even if you have the right away. I also tend to let others go at a 4 way stop just to be on the safe side.
And NEVER ride in someones blind spot or beside them, people hardly look when merging as it is.
Basically just be aware of your surroundings and you should be good. Oh also, don't push beyond your limits, take your time and learn what you and your bike can do. No one likes to wreck their bike by going beyond their abilities.

Love it. Not gonna lie, it's my first bike and still have it 2 years later. It's not to bad for distance riding if you know how to ride a sport bike properly. I'm getting 40mpg's if that matters to you, which is better than any car I've ever owned. Insurance is cheap, plates/tags aren't bad. She's never had a single issue the whole time I've owned her.

tl;dr from all of the above: drive as if everyone is trying to get you killed, my own experience too.

Just treat every other road user like they're trying to kill you and you'll be fine.

It's all about awareness. And don't think you can fucking win a match against a car, any car. They just need to lose concentration for a second and you're roadkill. Never let yourself get in a situation where you can be harmed whether or not it's your right of way or whatever.

SV650 is a nice bike. Just ride within your comfort zone, and don't push it, and don't think that you have to impress anybody, and you'll be fine.

Pic of my bike.

>crash
Not long. I'd give it five months. Tops.

>die
I say if you ride carefully, about 30 years depending on age,aggressively, you've got 5 years absolute max

yam anniversary colours are fucking great, need to get a tail tidy though, user

That's on my to do list along with some other mods.

I bought a 250 Ninja for my first bike and at the time I felt like it was a good idea but a dude I used to work with let me ride his R6 and I loved. Plus they're sexy as fuck

Yeah, I was considering a Ninja 250 as well in the beginning, but I figured everyone claims they'd get tired of it quick and highway/interstate speeds would suck (60-70mph) So I went with the R6. 600 is a good starter class if you can keep your impulses in check. And fuck yeah they are lol.

Stop wasting your time browsing peopl's instagram and facebook searching for content to be used in your shitposting ideas. The only vehicle you have is your rotten chair.

Don't be autistic and you won't die.

that shit looks nice

If you do not "crash" by fault of another car, then you will definitely slip in rainy conditions if you are riding too fast.

I never crashed. But I slipped on a wet road a few hours after it stopped raining. Must have square my front break too hard as I was coming to a slow down. Thankfully it was like 3am or 4am with minimal cars on the road. Only embarrassing thing is when you're trying to pick your bike up and it feels like there are a million eyes watching you, judging you "hurr during hurr damn motorcyclist.. he had it comin".

im 38 and been riding bikes since i was 16 the only times i ever come off or when my friends died was because we were being idiots and going to fast. i made it and lived. these days i just cruise and ride with the right kind of sensible people. its more about keeping your eyes open for cars now. take it easy and you will live. a few spills down the road are good for you and will slow you down..

What really sold me on it is the guy I bought it from gave me a good deal on it. I only paid $2,000 and it had 1,500 miles on it. Yeah it kind of sucks having a top speed of 80 mph.

My blade

never ride dressed like this tool a week in bed with road rash and you never go out without the right gear

Blah blah...it's a fucking scooter.

>Fireblade
Gayest name for a super bike.

you mean the best name for a superbike

This user speaks the truth, especially about the gear. There's a guy in my hometown that likes to do the shorts and wife beater while riding, dozen or so skin grafts later and he still looks like shit.

Probably get 70-80mpg on that. (Only doing 50-55kph at max I bet)

Adding blade on to anything is the verbiage equivalent of your fedora and vape mod that your sporting in your mom's basement.

cbr600rr

my other baby 600

If you can resist the temptation to do stupid shit like lane splitting, wheelies, and going over 90 MPH then you will probably be fine

I painted one of these. Nice bike.

Want one so bad...I'd give up my left nut for one.

i suggest you ride one faggot

Here's my advice for you.

Be extremely vigilant around taxis and anyone who drives a BMW.

Don't filter.

Have eyes in the back of your head.

Have fun.

If your balance isn't shit driving a motorcycle or scooter is perfectly safe, its the fuckers in cars driving haphazardly you have to watch out for, especially cunts in black SUV's

I have nig nog. Loved it. However, super gay/cringey name.

fuck me man, that actually gets me hard. will you give me a backy?

there is nothing gay about a fireblade absolutly nothing

Would love to have one of these 70's 2-strokes to get around town on.

Depends how much experience and skill you have..

Buell 1125cr

i only use it for car shows. and weekends

get to know some people to ride with its always safer when you got a good bunch, dont ride with idiots

My ride. It doesn't like pavement too much

My stance remains unchanged, sir. Bike was light and fast as fuck, however, fireblade should have been reserved for one of those 125cc them nigglets ride around on in the UK. Should have called it, the "Virgin Slayer" or "wheelie machine".

a snow-mo-bikle

>treat every other drivers as retards keep a good distance away from the car infront as most 4weel cucks don't check mirrors and indicate well in time at junctions
Work out good speeds and Angles for corners once you are used to the speed and balance of the bike add more speed if you wish
Don't go speeding down motorways or roads between two cars as the wind will rock you around and most likey trow you off
>when you hit 100 mph everything is kind of tunnle vision and brake lights are hard to see 'trust me on that one
mfw

>one of those 125cc

The Groms and the Z125s are actually quite fun.

there are kits that are roughly 8k for turning snow-mobiles into three-wheelers

lol i am from the UK, i started with a 50cc at 16 then at 17 all we could have was a 125 until test passed now you got to be over 24 until you can ride over 125

>moped
>terrifying Kek
>you are a fucking mad man

>Don't filter.

Bullshit you whore.

Filter where you can, it makes life easier for you and reduces traffic.

Yea I've seen those. An 800cc twin powering wheels has gotta be nuts. I think there was a Ghostrider video in Switzerland where he put wheels up for the skis and ripped down the highway running from cops.

instead you should just
> snapchat "Y" .ME
and leak all your snapchat friends

Rode a 2010 600
>power band in 2-3rd gear awsome but not good on corners compared to the Suzuki r600

I know. I'm stationed here right now and that shit blew me away. I grew up on a 10 year old 600cc. I love it when people freakout when I ride my shit around without a helmet.

not that guy but, the terrifying bit of a moped is the lack of acceleration and top speed, doing 35 on a 35 isn't safe when 99% of speed do the max allowed above the limit at all times, before I de-restricted mine I had a black suv hit 70 to get around me, nearly running me over, just to be at the red light in front of me 20 seconds later

If it's slower than my HD, its lame.

she takes me to some pretty amazing places. This is just outside of Glacier National Park in Montana.

>The Groms and the Z125s are actually quite fun.

As a second bike yes.

Start with a 500, minimum. 300 would seem extremely slow as balls to get out of the way of cars when you really need to. 500 is neither fast, but neither slow.

I started with a 150cc scooter and graduated to a 650 motorcycle after 8 months of mastering it. I wasn't sure if I ever wanted a motorcycle that's why I got a scooter... cause it was much faster than a mountain bike ;)

I WANTED a 400cc Bergman after the 150 scooter but was like... ehh... fuck it I'll just get a motorcycle.

pic related, Kawasaki Ninja 500. Faster than a shitty 300

6 you'll crash within 6 months

>muh bike

cf-moto, v-night
whatever you do, dont do what yammie noob did: imgur.com/qQxThXb

Yammie noob is a fucking idiot. How the fuck do you total 2 bikes within 6 months of eachother? He should go back to his r3 because he's clearly riding outside of his skill level.

2007 ZX6-R. Second bike, 3 years of riding, busy Florida cities. It's not as dangerous as people think it is. Don't be an idiot, stay within your boundaries and pay attention to what's happening while riding.

me on my vfr 750 '94
great with the not so legal exhaust muffler on it.

also staying alive is mostly in your responsibility. but in rare cases you just get unlucky and are dead.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention that you should definitely take a safety course. You'll be better off than learning on your own.