After Star Wars was rebooted with a female heroine, Rey, at the center, the other famous space franchise, Star Trek...

>After Star Wars was rebooted with a female heroine, Rey, at the center, the other famous space franchise, Star Trek, is taking a similar route with the new series Star Trek Discovery for CBS All Access. I hear the show, from Bryan Fuller and Alex Kurtzman, will have a female lead and she likely will be non-white.

> Star Trek Discovery will possibly boldly go where no other Star Trek installment has gone before — with a woman of color as the lead. I hear virtually all women seen for the part so far — and there have been a lot of them as the casting process has kicked into high gear — have been African American or Hispanic.

deadline.com/2016/08/star-trek-discovery-series-reboot-female-lead-cbs-all-access-casting-1201801744/

SO DIVERSE

Other urls found in this thread:

variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-tca-live-blog-ncis-criminal-minds-1201834645/
youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

This seems insincere. I won't be watching.

captain shaniqua

variety.com/2016/tv/news/cbs-tca-live-blog-ncis-criminal-minds-1201834645/

This will be updating live.

>virtually all women seen for the part so far — and there have been a lot of them as the casting process has kicked into high gear — have been African American or Hispanic.
So much for "casting through a color-blind lense", eh Fuller?
Fuck that faggot.
Won't be watching this shit.
>There will be ads on the #CBSAllAccess original series — a reduced ad load of 25%, around 12 minutes per hour.
Oh look, more reasons not to watch.

Who cares about ads, just torrent it.

As for the ethnic chick captain, might be okay if she's asian. If she's a nigger than fuck that, Star Trek has more than enough nigger pandering, including already having had a nigger captain.

Star Trek has always tried to be progressive, anyone could have seen this coming.

I kind of would love to see a sassy black woman as Captain of a starship

Sup Forums racism aside, an Asian female captain would be a step forward. Asians have been pretty cucked so far in the show:

>TOS: pilot with maybe one line an episode, only gets to be captain when he's 65 in the last movie because the actor kept complaining
>TNG: don't exist
>DS9: don't exist
>VOY: manlet cuck constantly getting treaded on by other crew members, never rises above ensign, suffering forever, replaced by a duplicate
>ENT: submissive, neurotic, quiet translator who never accomplishes anything

If you're outraged by a female captain on Star Trek you need to go back to Sup Forums and kill yourselves.

This already happened 21 years ago on Voyager.

We need a hispanic woman captain. or a hispanic anything. Anything that isn't fucking Torres.

Alien captain when ?

But user, she's female AND black!

>Fuller says Star Trek: Discovery takes event mentioned in previous iterations of Trek but "never full explored

>Fuller asked whether Star Trek: Discovery will feature robots: yes.

>Star Trek: Discovery will take place 10 years before Kirk's 5-year mission.

>Will be serialized but each weekly chapter will also feature closed-end stories.

>Fuller: “We’ll probably have a few more aliens than you normally do in a Star Trek cast”

>"Absolutely we'll have a gay character."

>DS9: housewife so bitchy and intolerable that when she gets possessed by a literal demon it's an improvement
FTFY

Yeah and Asians can actually be intelligent and learn and think about complicated situations. Sure they're not whites but they're not niggers either.

Fuck Hispanics, only Americans care about them or think they're relevant. There are only 3 races to everyone else in the world. Unless you count Indian or Arab as distinct, would also be okay with an Indian crewman.

People don't post this shit out of outrage. They just want attention.

I hope she's black, so you'll get triggered and say nigger some more.

It isn't even going to be the captain.
They made a point of it that the lead will be female, but that she's not necessarily the captain.

I just don't think black women are that interesting. I can't think of a black female actress I remotely like. I guess the one who currently plays Uhura is passable, but she's not even black really.

The lead is always the captain.

Fuck, forgot about her. Molly grew up to be a QT on Kitchen Nightmares, though.

Did spics kill your father and rape your mother?

This.

>cbs all access
this show is already DOA

>Uhura isn't even black really
lol wut

I've literally never met a Hispanic person in my entire life. I've not met a black person either, but at least they're a distinct racial and cultural group.

>The lead is always the captain.

>.@BryanFuller says the female lead in #StarTrekDiscovery will be human, but NOT a captain. #TCA16

She'll be a Commander and the Captain will die in the first episode, forcing her to take command.

>Incident at the center of Star Trek: Discovery is not the Romulan War

>Bryan Fuller says the female lead in Star Trek Discovery will be human, but NOT a captain

>Star Trek Discovery is set so close to Kirk era "we can play with all the iconography of those ships and those uniforms.”

THIS. THIS THIS!

Awesome post, user!

Go cry in your diapers, manbabies.

>Absolutely we'll have a gay character
Fucking dropped! Forcing more PC ass bullshit!!! And a Klingon Captain set BEFORE Kirk?! WHAT THE FUCK?!!!

Well she looks coffee-skinned, like a Caribbean or something, rather than coal-skinned, like a Bantu.

Looking her up, she's half Dominican and half Puerto Rican, so probably Hispanic more than black.

Hah good prediction. I don't see any other way for it to work. Obviously there'll be multiple leads, but the "main" lead has to be the captain of the vessel.

hispanic are by definition mixed and can be black as well
half of Brazil is black hispanic

Bravo

>Fuller: We are not subject to broadcast standards & practices. Neither was Hannibal and we got away with murder.

>Fuller: Spock's mother Amanda Grayson "maybe" will be featured in Discovery but will not be central.

Judging by the increasingly common trends in recent work, it's going to be butchering another franchise I love to ram "diversity" down our throats. Star Trek has always been a progressive setting, but in a good way. I can already tell this is going to be a hackjob, because it always is.

as long as she aint muslim

Well she probably identifies as black or whatever, but she's not as black as many blacks, or even most blacks. If her husband was white enough her kids might even pass for white, which is not something you could say for most blacks.

Have you ever watched a series by Bryan Fuller?

>Fuller: "There's a reason it's called STD. It's not a nebula we're flying through; it's a cloudy discharge.”

star trek was always sjw shit but at least they catered to white males. now I feel white males will be the last demographic they'll try to appease.

>BryanFuller :There's a reason it's called STD. It's not a nebula we're flying through; it's a cloudy discharge

>BryanFuller on the lead not being a captain: We’ve seen 6 series from a captain’s point of view.

Not that guy but I saw Heroes and that's it. I mean Heroes wasn't great, at least not after the first season, but had qt blondes like Panettiere and KBell and not a huge amount of diversity so I was pretty happy with it. What's your point?

Not him but, I actually haven't.

Is he good or what? I have zero knowledge of him.

Rosario Dawson please

I'm a star trek and a bit of a libtard, still won't watch this. Seems to want a black woman captian for brownie points and that's all.

Makeup test from new show.

>Rosario Dawson
She's a genuine fan. So yeah, I agree.

Wait, what?

Andorian? I hope so, Andorians are the least explored Star Trek race that should be major.

>what is ds9?
>what is voyager?

why try to appease a demographic that is already guaranteed to give you money no matter what you do?

That ship design is retarded.

>Indian crewman
[panflute intensifies]

>After Star Wars was rebooted with a female heroine
>Rebooted

So it's official. Nobody knows what a reboot is?

I'm sure the executives responsible for Ghostbusters are popping champagne corks as we speak.

Yeah it happened 21 years ago. So why are they pretending it's a big deal?

Very good. Strong writing, handled diverse tones and genres, shows are always amazing visually. Give Hannibal, Pushing Daises or Wonderfalls a watch.

He's fantastic, all of his shows have great cinematography, characters are well written, his casting is spot on, and how he plans his story arcs for each season is meticulously thought out.

I can't believe you've never seen Hannibal, go watch it immediately. It's the most brutally beautiful thing I've ever seen.

muzzie captain in full burkah

has to pray towards mekkka every episode

trans 10 year old savant

sex robot

cucked men

lesbian dykes

> typical democratic convention

[swindling intensifies]

Actual Indian you nonce, not more fucking retarded American schlock. If Star Trek had a flaw, it'd be that it's too American centric.

>native American character
>African American characters
>episodes about civil rights
>episodes about muh peyote spirits
>episode where Kirk literally discovers the Constitution on an alien planet and reads it with great pride

I'm just going to post some Hannibal screencaps for a while

The trouble with Hannibal is that it's got a big following of retard girls who I hate so I've refused to watch it out of principle, despite based Mads. My fucking sister has watched it, and it also seemed a bit WOW EDGY XD WAKE ME UP

I have to agree that one of Heroes' strongest suits was the casting though. Multiple waifus from that show, and even the male characters were well cast, especially since most of them were unknowns at the time.

So does that mean the lead is a commander, or an admiral?

Sisko was technically a commander for 2 seasons

>it's actually from india
>It's an "Crewman Pajeet gets possessed by an alien ghost and starts shitting on Deck 4" episode.
>At the end of the series Deck 4 becomes a designated shitting Deck.

>Actual Indian
So the ship will have designated shitting corridors?

Did Fuller write that article? No.

Also, Fuller has said he'd love to have Angela Bassett or someone similar as the captain of a Trek series like ten years ago.

I'd love to have seen this board when they announced black captain for DS9.

The show its based on the ideas you people love to hate, so why even watch it? Why even comment?

>American show too American centric
Get a load of this entitled Europoor and laugh

>people are still making threads about "which series should I watch first"

This is the most basic shit to fucking google, or at least ask in existing Star Trek threads. I make a habit of not answering retards who start threads with this question.

Fun fact, NBC wanted to censor this scene because the people's butt cracks were supposedly too racy for TV, so they filled them in with CG blood.

I did see some episodes and I planned to see it, but then I read that It got cancelled and gave up thinking it didn't end.
I also had no idea Bryan Fuller was the Showrunner.

Gotta give those a look then.

SShiieeet.

I know this is bait, but I'm not European. It's simply that Star Trek represents the modernisation and unification or mankind. I don't mind that Starfleet and the Federation is based on the United States' ideal, after all you'd imagine that the USA would be integral in unifying Earth, but the characters are very obviously written by people in the late 20th and early 21st century America, too obviously. Except TNG. TNG is timeless.

I was very young when DS9 came out, was it at it's release all about patting itself because Cisco was a negro?

Cisco? Are you from a third world country? Is the captain of the Enterprise Cerc? Or Peccid?

>the headless bodies, exposed rib cages, and skin chunks dangling by hooks are perfectly fine
>CENSOR THE ASSCRACKS, THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

>Female
Ok, fair enough. I don't care.

>Black
Errr rather not but if I REALLY have to put up with it fine

>Gay in the cast
Why? This is just obvious pandering now.

The show was canceled but it was constantly on low rating so the end of the last season was written as a finale that could be continued on from or serve as a solid ending to the show.

This shit always makes me giggle.

Apologize

inb4 gay sulu and gay pandering

>The lead character's rank will be lieutenant commander... "with caveats," says @BryanFuller

>Riding a dirt bike
Literally why

I had given up hope for this after seeing the trailers and forking out for a ticket to the shitfest that was Into Darkness, but now Beyond is starting to drop from cinemas. Should I go and see it while I can?

Writers draw from their own experiences, consciously or not. That's kind of unavoidable.
Sisko was actually pretty based once he got his beard, really there's only one episode that might get your panties in a bunch about him like the rest of these other faggots. The real issue a lot of people have with him is that he leans closer to Kirk than Picard and a lot of people in these threads started with TNG.

youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE

It's space Jim, but not as we know it

its literally the best trek movie since the TOS ones

He rode a motorcycle in first movie. It all came full circle

>Writers draw from their own experiences, consciously or not. That's kind of unavoidable.
Just because you're American doesn't mean that you have to write as if all your characters are American, and your setting is just 'future America'. This isn't even close to an excuse. Why not just write about the life of a hack Hollywood writer trying to cram in minorities if that's all he knows?

B-but I actually liked First Contact. And I think people are harsh on Generations because it was sloppily made.

But thanks, I guess I'll find the time to go see it. If it is good, I wanna be able to say I saw it on the big screen.

>That scene were he cuts off his face and feeds it to the dogs

MY NAME IS JAMES SIBERIUS KIRK

Janeway and Sisko already happened you stupid fucks!

Thats what i want to see

It's better to write those parts from an American perspective than to try to get an adviser to help you not do that and have them turn out to be an Armenian scam artist. :^)

You write to your audience. That's like the first fucking rule. It's not hack or lazy it's how you get the audience to relate to the material. This is star trek not hard sci-fi. How the fuck would you even honestly write from the perspective of someone 1000 years in the future.

Nah, but I'm pretty drunk. Its okay goodfriend.