I have an exam tomorrow in religion, and I need some good ethical dilemmas. Anyone got any good ones?

I have an exam tomorrow in religion, and I need some good ethical dilemmas. Anyone got any good ones?

When is rape morally justified?

Why did God justifed stoning if killing is wrong?

1man ill, you can save 5 people with his organs but have to kill him

What do

Assisted suicide?

Poor blacks/minorities should be treated lighter for their crimes because of their disadvantage in life.

Sentencing should be also be a function of privilige

Why is poison gas against the rules of war?

Scenario A: You are distracted while driving and slam on the brakes suddenly, realizing you just ran a red light. With relief, you realize no car or pedestrian was in the way, and drive on.

Scenario B) You are distracted while driving and slam on the brakes suddenly, realizing you just ran a red light. A pedestrian was crossing at the crosswalk and you have fatally injured him. You are arrested for manslaughter.

Your actions in both scenarios were exactly the same. In one case however you go free, while in the other you are sent to prison. Why is it just to enact punishment in Scenario B but not A, based purely on external circumstances and not your own behavior?

It seems morally unjust intuitively not to punish the actions in Scenario B; however, it also seems unjust to punish the actions of Scenario A with jail time, even though actions in question are identical. What's the ethical way to approach "moral luck?"

Oh I like this one

Having a babby that is too defective to live properly, and having to decide whether to put it down or let it live a life of misery.

That isn't exactly a moral delimna. Because you aren't the one making any decisions in those scenarios. You just suffer consequences at random. Either way I think OP abandoned us.

Scenario A:
>A runaway train is on a track there are 20 people on the train. you are standing by the switch. If you throw the switch to the left, there is one person standing there. this person will be killed, but the twenty people on the train will live. If you leave the switch in its position to the right, the train will plummet off a raised curve and all 20 will die.

Is it morally permissible to sacrifice the 1 to save the 20? Is it a moral obligation?

Scenario B
>A runaway train is headed to a curve. There are 20 people on board. They will all die if the train reaches the curve - the train will fall off the curve and plummet to certain death for the passengers. An innocent person is standing next to the tracks. Quickly thinking you, grab the person and hurl them onto the tracks. The train hits and kills the innocent person, but the person's body stops the train, saving the twenty aboard.

Why do you think the person in the first scenario a hero and the second a murderer? The action is exactly the same - sacrificing one random innocent to save twenty random innocents.

Idiots standing on railroad tracks are asking for it. That is no delimna.

Your sister has a job interview tomorrow and has asked you to babysit her 6-month-old daughter. Do you fuck the baby, or just jerk off over it?

How op can a christian and a faggot when bible condamn immorality and homosexuality?

>implying Christian's actually follow the Bible properly

This one is dumb

You can't be found guilty if manslaughter in scenario 1. Not comparable argument.

Go with this one, it's a classic. 'Does God make mistakes?'

If I give to the poor, but only if he's white, am I a generous man or a filthy racist ?

FYI that's my case.

And the moral dilemma in that is...?

REMINDERS: 99% of all people in the USA wearing Turbans on their heads are SIKHS... Not Muslims.

Sikhs share the same values as the USA, protecting and serving the rights of others and sharing equality among all people.

During a flood you are out attempting to get photographs for sale. Standing by a raging river you see a car caught in the flood with Trump inside.

You look at your camera, this could be the chance of a lifetime. You look at the flood, and there's a bridge with a safety net you could drop and stop the car.

Dilemma: What f-stop should you use for the clearest picture?

None if you're a baby murdering psychopath

How can you be a Christian and believe in free will?

IF God is omniscient, omnipresent, and omnipotent, THEN God knows all outcomes at all points in time. There is no free will. How do you follow Christianity knowing you have no say in your existence?

3.3 muslim mudslimes versus maybe 500-700k sikhs. Sure looks like 99% user...

True. This can actually be modified to show His created evil by creating Lucifer already knowing Lucifer would turn against him.

>Lardican sees turban
Turbuns! Must be muslums, KILL ISIS!
>Retardlards still seeing the worlds as Them and Muslims.

Heres one

Is it ethical for OP to post even though hes a gigantic flaming faggot?

here are a couple of awesome ethical dilemnas:

#1: you are given a test with no solution. do you sneak into the building the night before, alter the coding for the test such that you and your team can actually survive, in order to show that you do not believe in no-win situations? or do you allow yourself to be made a fool simply because your commanders require it?

#2: there is only one package of poptarts left. your commander insists that nobody touch the poptarts. you are hungry. there is only one day left until the expiration date on the poptarts. do you eat the poptarts, therefore ensuring they do not go to waste and your hunger is satiated? or do you obey your commander's orders even though he is an asshole trying to starve you?

Because God designed us to sin as we want. That's why he murdered Jesus via the Romans.

you need to piss and shit urgently but only a urinal is free. Do you shit in the urinal and piss yourself, or piss in the urinal and shit yourself?

You're argument is 1) flawed, or 2) your God is not all powerful. Which is it?

Maybe coming up with a plot to escape North Korea would be a better way to spend your time.

First of all, not my god. I'm just trying to scrape up data from the Bible which is in itself too flawed for reasonable arguments. To make it worse, christians can't even interpret it properly, which is why there are so many denominations. So basically it just depends on who you ask.

Someone has divinity proof that God doesn't exist. Do you look at it? If so, do you keep believing in God?

Definitive not divinity

been there, done that, got the t-shirt

god has to be defined before he can be proven or disproven.

I like this; however, to be fair, you aren't really being charged for manslaughter because you ran the red light but rahter you are being charged for hurting someone with your own negligence.

Was it luck that no one was in the crosswalk in scenario A? Yes. Were you negligent in both scenarios? Yes. But only one resulted in anything bad happening.

>No harm, no foul

Do actions in a Video Games (like Ganking or Trolling other players) count towards Sin? Will God deny people entry into the afterlife because they killed someone for days in WoW?

if you cracked a code and found out that a foreign enemy was going to bomb and destroy a village, would you intercept the bombers and stop it? Even though doing so will result in the enemy changing the code? or do you hang on to the broken code info and wait to save a much larger target?

Afterlife is a church thing, not a Bible thing. The closest there is is Sheoul which is neither heaven or hell.

"What if your daughter asked you to fuck her ass until it bleeds?"

god killedmore than 250,000 in the bible, the "devil" killed 10, but only because he won a bet against god.

Fuck god.

What about religuous persecution of non believers and humanities scientific retardation from the catholic church?

you really watched that shitty movie?

If you go to a party sober, and a woman offers you drink after drink for hours, then takes you by the hand up to her room and rides you like a shetland pony, was it rape ?

wtf? If the superior entity knows all how I suddenly become not free?

*says something*
why do you believe that
- bla bla god
- who created god?

also have same captcha

as this Sup Forumstard

Sauce or moar?!?

depends on state and school