So will DC be completely finished if Justice League gets shit reviews?

So will DC be completely finished if Justice League gets shit reviews?

BvS and Suicide Squad already tested the audiences patience with the company and this might be the final blow

Other urls found in this thread:

deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-tuesday-august-box-office-record-captain-american-civil-war-batman-v-superman-1201801379/
variety.com/2016/digital/news/batman-v-superman-shoots-to-top-of-disc-charts-1201825810/
variety.com/2016/film/news/wb-batman-v-superman-faces-high-expectations-1201729887/
usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2016/03/24/82178582/
google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=batman v superman break even
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If the whole percentage drop maintains in the next weekend, I'd expect in two weeks a huge chunk of WB's DC slate is going to be canned or pushed into development hell.

It depends. At this point they've lost all fan loyalty but if they can reel the normies in they can keep pumping shit out.

Its already on track to making way less than BvS which barely broke even
The same will happen for SS

It's all about money, dude. If the reviews kill the box office then it will die. :(

>lost fan loyalty
[citation needed]

What drop?
deadline.com/2016/08/suicide-squad-tuesday-august-box-office-record-captain-american-civil-war-batman-v-superman-1201801379/

Cry more nu-males

>It's already on track to
What is? Justice League? How could you possibly know that?

>Final blow
Haha sure thing, four-eyes

Suicide Squad was good.

>citation needed for anecdotal evidence

Talking about Suicide Squad
A part of me thinks Justice League won't even make the same amount as BvS though

it'll be finito if it flops in the box office.

Snyder completely knew what he was doing here.

Anecdotally all I've seen is people saying that they liked it and wondering why critics savaged it.

I also saw my local cinema sell out of tickets for every single showing on five screens for two days straight, including 3d showings.

The only way the Squad tested my patience was by making me wonder if we'll ever get to see based Diablo again.

These.

I'll never understand the hate for this movie. Pacing seemed fine in the directors cut, I think ppl just don't have the patience...which is more of a personal problem.

It's a beautiful movie.

My cinema had to pull it because they literally couldn't get anyone to buy tickets for it.

They might enjoy their time in the sun now but they've already tainted their brand so badly after so much shit
Normies might still flock to see JL but their other films might not hold up considering how much money their throwing at it

Lie

Reminder to apologize
variety.com/2016/digital/news/batman-v-superman-shoots-to-top-of-disc-charts-1201825810/

What a dipshit. Do you still close your eyes and try to wish the bullies away like you did back in grammar school or have you really grown as a man over the past few months?

Are you forgetting that Suicide Squad is making mad bank right now?

That's pretty much impossible since cinemas have contractually mandated periods during which they have to show a movie, usually at least two weeks.

Its still making less than BvS which barely broke even

DC will keep upping their production and marketing costs until the capeshit bubble bursts and leaves them completely fucked

n-no t-they're n-not!

>laughing_evans.webm

It cost less too, dude.

Apparently reshoots balooned up the budget to about the same as BvS's.

It's also only cost a little over HALF as much.

With the number of re shoots and marketing they did it ran up their price

It needs around 600-700 Million to break even and if it drops by at least 60 percent this weekend it'll probably end up at 500 Million since China isn't screening it

[Citation Needed]

i want to make this analysis for DC fans to get (doubt it though)

I will use the movie dune as my example

Dune is bad Dune film
Dune is a good scifi film
Dune had a bad theatrical cut
Dune extended edition cut make the movie much better.

So is Dune a bad movie...
Its a good scifi film, but a bad Dune adaptation.
in the end it failed at what it wanted to be.

So now lets check BvS with this logic

BVS is bad Batman and superman film
BVS is a good Superhero film
BVS had a bad theatrical cut
BVS Ultimate edition cut make the movie much better.
The Director was criticized for his vision and is known for making niche films.

So is BVS a bad movie...
Its a good Superherofil film, but a bad Batman superman adaptation.
in the end it failed at what it wanted to be.

Wait, DC started making movies? When? They only do animated stuff.

Actually I have a PHD in Meme Accounting, and I say it needs to make 70 gorrilion dollars domestic

>ty burr
>2.5/4 - positive for Ghostbusters
>2.5/4 - negative for Suicide Squad

Stop with this meme.
Moovies that make 900mil do not 'barely break even'

This. Money bests everything

BvS needed 800 Million to break even ya twit

You have to take in consideration the marketing and the theater cuts.

Citation needed faggot
You prolapsed anus does not count

>The film needed to reach $800 million in revenue at the box office to "recoup its investment" according to financial analysts

variety.com/2016/film/news/wb-batman-v-superman-faces-high-expectations-1201729887/
usatoday.com/videos/life/movies/2016/03/24/82178582/

Not exactly a citation. No name no source no analysis.
Its still fucking speculation

>Gives you citations
>LOL NO THATS SPECULATION

Go figure it out for yourself if you know so much

i checked your links famalam, the articles didn't even have legit links to backup where they got their numbers from, unless proven otherwise ITS PURE FUCKING SPECULATION

Thats nit a goddamn citation.
The fucking video was made before we even knew the budget.

You simply dont know what a citation is.

>that can't be right, my anecdotal evidence is better than yours!

DCkeks, not even once.

It needed 800mil to break even.

it didn't even hit 900, closer to 870mil.

Stuidos aren't going to bankroll big multi-year multi-movie projects like this if they're only making 70mil out of it.

google.ca/?gws_rd=ssl#q=batman v superman break even

Go look at some of the links and they'll all conclude to the same amount

Source?

>So will DC be completely finished if Justice League gets shit reviews?

No. It's all about money. It's always all about money. Even if a movie like BvS or SS just break even it's a success because the movie isn't where the real money is. It's in all the merchandise you get people to buy.

Through all the product placement and merchandise deals WB made for Suicide Squad the movie is already paid for. Sup Forums thinks it's understands how these studios work but you don't

Citation needed

no, they'll keep making these shitty movies until marvel starts losing money on theirs

everyone loses

DC dont care about reviews or fan reaction

they just want the shekels

and fucking retard normies will go see any movie if batman is in it

You do realize shit reviews do tend to be representative of a large enough portion of the viewing audience that said viewing audience will think twice, next time, before going to see another movie by the same [whatever], right?

It won't get shit reviews no matter what. Even if it truly is bad. "Critics" have been called out on their bullshit so now they will predictably pull a 180 so they don't appear as partisan as they have been accused of being.

This will again show how useless a "professional" critic's opinion really is.

The real difference here isn't in your interpretation. It's as valid as anyone else's opinion. The difference lies in the fact that if you go and start a discussion of the Dune film, a bunch of console war faggots don't blitz it with "REEE IT'S SHIT DUNEKEKS BTFO HOW CAN STAR WARS BE SO BASED BROS?"

You don't even have to go full kino or anything. Just stating that you like theses films prompts a hate response that's nearly Pavlovian. It's fucking spooky.

Why do we never do this retarded movie maths for the Marvel movies? Anything that didn't make 750mil is a failure to you people so let's have a look

Hulk. Failure
Captain America . Failure
Antman. Failure
Thor. Failure
Thor 2. Failure
Winter Soldier. Failure
Iron Man. Failure
Iron Man 2. Failure (Production budget for this was 200mil by the way)

We don't get a single MCU movie topping 750 mil until Guardians

So we have only 5 out of 13 movies making profit under Sup Forums's rules

He always does

Do you realize that DC wasn't even finished when they were pumping out pure shit like Catwoman, Steel and Jonah Hex?

Based Snyder

DC is dead
Bury it

Those movies were from before the internet went mainstream, so barely anyone even knew they existed.

All this free marketing is working against them.

>The story is crippled from Special Effects from start to finish

No it wasn't. It had a lot bad with it but this wasn't really one of them

>Those movies were from before the internet went mainstream

Jonah Hex came out in 2010 retard

Yea, I stand by my assertion.

marvel has been pumping out nonstop garbage since iron man 1. Normies don't care

>muh critic score
literally no one cares

>Avengers 1
>1.5 billion
>Iron Man 3
>1.2 billion
>no one topped that
>implying MCU movies don't have mid level budgets before the Disney buy out anyway

But Man of Steel out grossed Iron Man.

So the big success barely (If at all) cover the losses from the other films. It's like another guy said earlier. The money isn't in the films themselves. It's in the merchandise

>>implying MCU movies don't have mid level budgets before the Disney buy out anyway

Doesn't matter. According to Sup Forums math only Avengers and Iron man made profit and Iron man barely so. Let's look . BO 585 mil. Domestic 318 Foreign 266
Production 140 + half for Marketing 210
Half domestic = 159
30% of foreign = 79
Domestic + foreign = 238

So only 28mil profit and that is if we work under the assumption that marketing was only 70 mil (Though it was probably more)

>According to Sup Forums math only Avengers and Iron man made profit

In phase 1*. Forgot to add that

Fuck off, I've been reading comics for almost 10 years now, read shit from Golden, Silver, and Bronze age, and I'm currently reading all of the current Rebirth stuff. These were fine, even great, interpretations of Superman and Batman. They fully explored concepts that previous comics and movies had only flirted with before. I want to see these characters constantly grow, and thats what this movie did, it grew these characters in new directions and added to the mythos.

If they are smart they will focus on batman and superman flicks until they find out if justice league is any good. Drop aquaman, flash and cyborg

If justice league sucks they can focus on solo flicks for the trinity until they sort out their shit

if it makes money it means people will want to watch it. if it stops making money they stop making them, it's that simple.

and so far they've have made tremendous amounts of money compared to most movies, not sure why they would stop now.

>fine, even great, interpretations of Superman and Batman

yeah, in no way is superman supposed to be a brooding emo faggot, and batman being an enraged murderer

Congrats you just made me fucking angry

yes yes well done marvelcuck well done..

HOWEVER

>First 2 marvel films
$900 million
>First 2 DC films
$1.4 billion

>Third Marvel film
$300 mil entire box office
>Third DC film
$150 mil in ONE DAY

and suicide squad just keeps going up!
at this rate by the time DC has as many movies as the mcu marvel will be finished.

DELETE THIS

It still amazes me that this is not the Batman Cinematic Universe. Batman and the Joker are far and above the most beloved characters in DC Comics. People fucking LOVE Batman. They should have started with a rich and intricate Gotham City filled with the Bat family and rogues and worked their way outward. The only reason Suicide Squad was ever on the table was because they could use Joker and Harley Quinn. Nobody in the entire world gives a shit about Deadshot or El Diablo or fucking Slipknot. They even incorporated Katana and Killer Croc because they are Batman characters. Why the fuck are they not going all in with Batman? They're unironically planning on making a fucking CYBORG movie before they've even cast Nightwing or Robin or Lucious Fox. It makes no fucking sense whatsoever.

Suicide Squad should have been set in Gotham with Batman and Joker in more prominent roles, and the big bad should have been a Batman villain. You could have incorporated elements of No Man's Land, having the core Gotham crime lords taking advantage of the chaos brought on by the villain (should be Poison Ivy instead of Enchantress, just sayin')

I'm with you, man. I'm a long-time fan myself and really appreciate that we're getting actual comic book movies instead of just superhero movies that pretend they're comic book movies.

Comics fans are used to seeing the characters interpreted through the filters of different writers and serving as allegories. Normies don't even know what they're looking at.

They are in fact lifted directly from the comics whose interpretations vary drastically. The best stories from either character in the comics are generally darker in tone with more gravity. Nobody wants to see Superman rescuing kittens from trees. As a comic book fan I would say most stories and arcs are poorly churned out. If you are going to borrow from the comics you only take from the best. You view of the movie versions is hyperbolic

Reviews mean nothing. If the movies make money they will keep making them.

have you adjusted the old movie prices for inflation?