Is music the highest/best art form?

music≥literature>classical (visual) art>>>>film>shit>television

Discuss.

Yes, but not in terms of consumption. That would be lit.

Ranking art forms is really autistic

Music is probably my favorite with literature a close second

I'd like to get more into film since when its done well its a great composite of a lot of other art forms but I barely have the time.

It's obviously poetry in terms of self expression.

For me its

Literature > television > movies/films > music > plays/theater > classical art > video-games > anime

>consumption

what do you mean? Do you mean it requires a more skilled mind to enjoy?

>television > movies/films

kys
>television
>theater
>anime

TV and Movies can't even work without music and you've got them ranked higher than music.

I'm talking about listening to music. Consumption vs creation and overall value.

Music > lit > film/tv

Reading > watching film/tv > listening to music

music>poetry>visual art>film>everything that is literature but not poetry>>>video games>>>>average mainstream """film""">>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>television

music is literally the only art form that that can be both mainstream and good

ah okay, I can agree with that
I mean at least you put vidya and anime close to the bottom... haha...

music is literally the lowest art form

television and vidya are not art

>I've never seen a good movie

how did you determine this? By how the general population consumes it? what is art to you?

Music is the only one where the Jews are noticeable as hell
So yeah music>jewish arts

>what is television
>what is film
>what is LITERATURE

the jews run hollywood

Film (and to a shittier extent television) are multi-facet art forms, encompassing the visual and auditory. I would place not place it between"pure" music plus poetry/literature and conventional visual art. But rather alongside it.

This. Literature has the least amount of Jewish influence because they know its a waste of time to penetrate it due to society mainly being simple-minded

I think it's definitely the most universal

music is now entertainment more than it's art
there aren't many contemporary artists who make music as art, none of them get posted on Sup Forums
films are similar to this but there are more noticeable artists (see: people who don't make it for entertainment)

I was implying lit has some of the most jewish influence

see ((marxist literature))
see ((every book discussed on lit))

>ranking art mediums

Coopted by the Jews and pedo traffic in Hollywood

video games and anime are honestly the only relevant art forms left today. They are all encompassing (music, visuals, and interactivity).

movies and television are being run into the ground by hollywood, the music industry is destroying itself, and virtually nobody reads books anymore.

vidya and anime are the only art forms that aren't sinking ships.

this desu
kill yourself immediately

why is this a bad thing? Obviously some art forms are superior to others (music > video games), and each medium has its own appeal and unique qualities

not that guy but rather than comparing individual mediums i think movements as a whole should be compared

also video games are not art

Are you 16?
Music = Literature > Photography > Painting > Architecture > Theathre > Film > Dance

>photography > painting

Joyce was one ugly motherfucker

>TV and Movies can't even work without music
No Country for Old Men
M
Cast Away
Cache
The Birds
Hunger

literature > music > visual arts > film > theatre > television > video games

this is the most by the numbers the opinion

My personal prestige ranking is more or less like this:
>Filmmaking
>Novel Writing
>Costume Design (and making it)
>Composing/songwriting
>Illustration
>Printmaking
>Painting
>Sculpture
>Architecture
>Playwriting
>Dancing/Choreography
>Music (instrument & singing)
>Acting
>Fashion Design
>Dollmaking
>Game Design
>Graphic Design
>Set/Lighting Design
>Ceramics/Pottery
>Quilting
>Hairstyling

Painting > Music > Literature > Movies > Theater > TV > Video games > everything else

>wahhhh reading is too much work stop triggering me please

>reading comprehension

gb2 /lit/ fag

Architecture below printmaking and costume design?
What the hell bru
You respect cosplay more than designing buildings?

>theater
>Not art

Just devour bleach you mongrel

Architectural design is the highest form of art

only when you look like your shitting

>film
>below music and literature
I guess you don't watch too many films

>anime gets it own medium
lol

1. Music (instrument & singing) / Composing/songwriting
2.Filmmaking / Acting (Like Daniel Day Lewis)
3.Novel Writing / Playwriting
4.Architecture / Sculpture / Painting
5.Fashion Design / Costume Design (and making it)
6.Dancing / Choreography
7.Game Design / Graphic Design / Illustration / Printmaking
8.Ceramics / Pottery / Dollmaking / Quilting / Hairstyling / Set / Lighting Design

Not even close

All art is entertainment.

Are you retarded?

>Spinoza
>Freud
>Marx
>Kafka
>Einstein
>The Bible

>No Country for Old Men
that movie its so well written and paced that I always forget it doesnt have any music

also, the Dark Knight tunnel scene

>TV>Film
most pleb opinion

this

>video games are not art

why not? what is art to you?

read infinite jest.

never agreed with a kys post so much

>theater
>video games
>music
>literature
>visual art
>movies
>tv

Highest form of art? No, I think classical painting or sculpting would be the highest form...

I always thought that music was simultaneously the highest and lowest form of art

Highest because of the simple fact that musicians are manipulating and expanding upon air waves and the concept of sound itself to create something that will make a listener intrigued and/or alter their emotional state.

Lowest (according to classical philosophers and looking at it strictly materially) because it is the art form which takes the least amount of formal training and really, with the least amount of practice or dedication, and anyone can become successful without much artistic sensibility (monetarily, gaining a following etc; again this is a material mindset).

I like to agree with the former but the latter certainly exists within the minds of fags who view art as strictly a vehicle for financial gains through self-expression

>video games
not art

post yfw you realised music >>>>>>>>>> film

>>>/v

I have always considered music to be the most entry-level of the arts. It can be appreciated by a 6 year old, provided he or she is not deaf. The experiences of Proper Literature do not come so easily. One does not simply understand a man as cryptic as Ahab or Raskolnikov. Yet, anyone can play a little Mozart or Bach in the background as they eat their Spaghettios. Music hardly requires attention. It demands virtually nothing of one's cognitive abilities. Such cannot be said for the rewards offered by Finnegan's Wake or Borges' Ficciones.

this, but it is not obliged to be. Just that chances are someone somewhere will find something entertaining

>theater
gay

>TV and Movies can't even work without music

go c some real theater and come back and say that again

a child also appreciates film, television, visual arts, and literature.

Also I don't see what you're saying as a bad thing. It's amazing that something that can be so complex to create can be so easily and commonly appreciated. Mozart and Bach are considered geniuses for the art they created, it manages to be incredibly complex yet incredibly accesible at the same time, that's beautiful. Being the most entry-level also means it's the one that can be appreciated by the most people, and the one that can emotionally impact the most people, and isn't that what art is about?

lit > music > film > painting > architecture > sculpture > theater > dance > photography > fashion

video games, anime, and cooking are not art

>cooking is not art
One day you'll eat food prepared by a truly great art. That will completely change your mind. Eating it will fill you with euphoria, bliss, and will get you emotional. Tell me that's not art.

Also if you think about it, what we typically consider art is usually emotional and intellectual stimulus through the senses. Food definitely fits this.

>truly great art.
meant chef

if you have the time to read books and listen to albums, you have the time to watch movies

Reading is a boring and a waste of time unless it's non fiction.

Music is the highest form of art because the skills you need to create music do nothing for you outside of the musical realm.

If literature is so great, why do only women enjoy it? Literature is a girl art form which makes it shit tier

>all these faggots ranking music as the greatest art form yet don't into music pre 20th century

Literature > music > visual art > film

Film has the potential to be the highest since it combines the others, but it never fulfills that potential.

We react to visual stimuli more strongly than we do to sound or language, so visual art should hypothetically have a more profound effect on us, but again, unfulfilled potential.

By replicating everything from rhythm and heartbeat to vocal emotion, music can be used to control our emotions and our mental state.

Literature allows us to communicate ideas in the most complex ways.

listening isn't appreciating friend that's basically saying if a 5 yo searches up words he doesn't know and reads Crime and Punishment, he appreciated it. Saying it requires little attention is ridiculous as well. It's like saying someone who listens to an audiobook of Brothers Karamazov without paying attention to it has appreciated it.

Astronomy is the highest. Music is second.

yeah I'm pretty sure anyone into classical music would agree that music is the most profound art form

astronomy is a science retard

hey faggot, music is a science too

saying astronomy is art is like saying physics is art

stop being stupid

this is the most retarded thing I've seen yet, I think.

nope.

why not?