Why hasn't Jodorowsky's script been used to make Dune yet?

Why hasn't Jodorowsky's script been used to make Dune yet?

I mean literally why? Even an animated series would have been something.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUrd-VWiBZM
duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I don't think dune can ever be brought to a visua and still be great.

Maybe it's shit

The script itself is supposed to be fantastic. it was rejected at the time because the director was percieved to be a lunatic

because Jodorowsky didn't even read the book, is unfamiliar with anything about the book except a few character names, and his "vision" would just be a visually impressive but shallow mishmash of occult symbols and LSD influenced ramblings

Or maybe he raped Frank Herbert too much.

It's called the Incal and the Metabarons.

Did Herbert ever comment on Jodorowsky's take on Dune?

This was better than any Dune movie could have been.

>Dali was to play the role of the Emperor for a reported $100,000 an hour. He and Jodorowsky began quarreling over money and just as the storyboards, designs, and the script were finished, the financial backing dried up. Frank Herbert travelled to Europe in 1976 to find that two million dollars were already spent in pre-production and that the Jodorowsky's script would result in a 14-hour movie (the pre-production book of storyboards and concept art "was the size of a phonebook," Herbert recalled). Although Jodorowsky took huge creative liberties with his novel ("I did not want to respect the novel, I wanted to recreate it"), Herbert stated that he and Jodorowsky had an amicable relationship.

>supposed to be fantastic
>according to Jodorowsky and people he did acid with in the 70s

Sure thing.
Whenever people love Jodorowsky movies it makes me think they wet the bed until they were 11 years old or never learned to tie their shoes or something.

Herbert seemed pretty chill. I read he was okay with the Lynch version, too. Also:

youtube.com/watch?v=CUrd-VWiBZM

I thought people loved it, but the price tag for all the actors and sets was crazy

>ywn have your brain implanted in your twin sisters body and use your own brain cells to get yourself pregnant in order to give birth to the most perfect warrior ever
Based metabarons.

Jodorowsky has used a bunch of the ideas from the Dune script in his comics anyway.

check out this documentary, there were some interesting people who were going to work on this movie

Dune doesn't have wacky, far-out, mindfucky scenery. It would have been Dune in name only.

The best part about this is seeing how other films were influenced by Dune even though it was never released.

>Dune doesn't have wacky, far-out, mindfucky scenery.
The fuck it doesn't. The whole series is talking about places where time and space intersect and unravel.

the series isn't about that at all
the closest it comes to that is when Paul unlocks his inner vision and can recall his ancestors' memories and prophesize the future, but none of that involves the laws of physics actually breaking down in the real world

most of it takes place on a desert

A desert filled with worms the size of skyscrapers and loads of sand people tripping balls on space-drugs

it didn't really sound like it had very much to actually do with the book, plus he already used most of the ideas he was going to use in the incal

in the movie, he states how happy he was when he saw it was terrible

My favorite part in the Dune saga is how in Messiah, after Paul has his eyes burned out, he is able to still basically see because he has seen the future and knows everything that's going to happen.
He holds court in one chapter and people are freaking the fuck out because there's this guy with burned out husks where his eyes should be describing exactly the clothes you are wearing.

I wish Dune had a popular movie series so I could be like those guys in the Lord of the Rings threads dropping knowledge about the books.

Are the rest of the books worth reading or is it best to stop after the first one?

Yeah, those guys are awesome

Yes. Keep reading. All of franks original 6 dune books are pretty great. Keep reading the books until you either finish, or stop giving a fuck. Everyone has a different tolerance for it.

Avoid anything by his son or KJA like the fucking plague.

Dune threads pop up from time to time user.

>Why hasn't Jodorowsky's script been used to make Dune yet?
Because he shits on the United States. That's the real reason.

If his movie was given a hollywood budget it'd turn into something like Jupiter Ascending. In other words it'd be shit, let's be serious.

Because it's fucking stupid and the only reason people hype it up is because they're a bunch of children who want anything they can't get?!

Because the script IS batshit. He wanted to shoot close ups of someone's asshole taking a shit and a bunch of other edgy crap that has nothing to do with Dune.

in "The Making of Dune" he mentioned Jodo's script and said it was nine hours long and "... a little anti-catholic.. it basically did everything except horse-whip the pope."

i wonder if he got to the part where Jodorowsky had all of the outgoing Harkonnen troops shit on the landing field of Arrakeen before they left.

Jodorowsky's Dune is better than the movie he would have made, anyways.

Jodorowsky has a thing with pooping, doesn't he? the alchemy scene in (i think it was) the Holy Mountain, with the guy trapped in a giant glass container which turned his shit into gold.. Professor Mangel in Moebius' "The Madwoman of the Sacred Heart" (who was closely based on Jodorowsky) who shits his pants every ten pages.. and the farewell mass synchronized shit mentioned in the dune script leak on duneinfo.com/unseen/jodorowskys-dune-uncovered ..

Seriously, KJA is such a hack writer that his entry into the star wars EU was so bad its made fun of by other authors, via their eu characters, in universe.

>tfw Im knowledgeable on both Dune and LOTR
They're my two favorite books desu senpai

This.

And It would be INCREDIBLE!

No, he got raped like a bride
Try to keep up

>thread about Jodorwsky's Dune
>"HAY GUISE CHECK OUT JODOROWSKY'S DUNE!!!!!" *holds upvotes*

Jodorowsky is such a tryhard faggot.

Fuck that shit making it easy on newfags

>tfw first time on Sup Forums years ago seeing "bump" and "sauce" in every thread wondering what the fuck was going on
>I thought mfw was "motherfucking win"