Are you afraid of death?

Are you afraid of death?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii
youtube.com/watch?v=zuh3WyfVL2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

I would be if I had something valuable to lose in life. At this moment in my life, Death is fine.

I've come to accept it as an eventuality.
So I guess the answer is no.

Not afraid of death, more afraid that I'll die horribly

yup , big time, thats why i have gray hairs at 26

Nah, could do without pain though

Yes.
I enjoy life and what it brings me. As an atheist, the thought of eternal nothingness forever is horrifying. The thought that what was once my life will become purely black with no senses or feeling whatsoever, forever, is both boring and disappointing to me, that this is the result of life, and scary to me.

Yes... Death METAL!

No, You see, no one's going to help you user, because there isn't anybody out there to do it. No one. We're all just complicated arrangements of atoms and subatomic particles - we don't live. But our atoms do move about in such a way as to give us identity and consciousness. We don't die; our atoms just rearrange themselves. There is no God. There can be no God; it's ridiculous to think in terms of a superior being. An inferior being, maybe, because we, we who don't even exist, we arrange our lives with more order and harmony than God ever arranged the earth. We measure; we plot; we create wonderful new things. We are the architects of our own existence. What a lunatic concept to bow down before a God who slaughters millions of innocent children, slowly and agonizingly starves them to death, beats them, tortures them, rejects them. What folly to even think that we should not insult such a God, damn him, think him out of existence. It is our duty to think God out of existence. It is our duty to insult him. Fuck you, God! Strike me down if you dare, you tyrant, you non-existent fraud! It is the duty of all human beings to think God out of existence. Then we have a future. Because then - and only then - do we take full responsibility for who we are. And that's what you must do, user: think God out of existence; take responsibility for who you are.

Not at all. Planning to an hero this weekend. Can't be more happier tbh.

Depends on the day. I have manic depression. Some days are fine and others I just want to stop everything. Mostly wishing I could just self induce a coma so the major shit right now will blow past me

Why exactly?

This. I dont really want to die but Theres nothing to hang around for.

Death is imminent. You need not fear death itself, but the time of your demise.

>Are you afraid of death?

Not of yours OP.
I welcome it.

no i wish mine could come faster tho

>purely black
>with no senses

Nigga u wish there was blackness. Blackness implies some sort of conciousness able to sense such a thing

The void of death is beyond our comprehension, and THAT my friend is what is terrifying

I'm afraid of how i die, not death.

No. Happens eventually. Just hope it's painless. Heck I'd take a bottle of pills rn just to end it all. Just don't want to go down as a fag that killed himself.

No but probably because I dont think about it. There isnt much to think about anyway.

I might already be dead.
I have been replying to political threads on Sup Forums.
for about a wk.

Indeed you're right. That's what I originally thought. Don't know why I didn't say so. A nothingness beyond comprehension of the brain is horrific.
I think what scares me more than death itself, than losing the what I am lead to believe is the only life I'll have - is the type of person I'll be, what death will make of me, the seconds before it takes me.

Onle death can save us from memes

how are you all so calm about it? it drives me insane almost every time before i fall asleep... i mean you can escape fucking anything but this

After some ego deathism done by shrooms and LSD and some delusional deep-thinking from other drugs, I honestly don't give a flying shit. I'm hoping there's something more to it, some answers. But death doesn't scare me like it used to do anymore. Now it's just the end of the train station, and as long as I believe it, I think there's more beyond that train station.

how the hell do you lose sleep over something that will not have any effect on you after the fact?
>you cant escape it

You've already escaped it.

>you can escape fucking anything but this
Exactly. So why worry about it. You gonna sit and cry before you sleep each night about the unavoidable? Way to go about living

More afraid that when us Americans get nuked, my girlfriend or i will be at work and she will die scared and away from me, the one whos supposed to make her feel like its okay to die like she makes me feel.

Yeah

I actually just finished "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius, and one of the most common of his musings is over death.

Aurelius put it this way: if we are the product of a divine creator, we pass on to the next life. If we are the product of the natural order, we will simply perform another function of nature (death). Living is as natural as dying, it is inevitable, so there is no reason to fear it.

"Natura nihil frustra", nature does nothing in vain.

>You gonna sit and cry before you sleep each night

Preferably ye

I think most people worry more about what happens to those around them and what they will go through when they die.

this

the thought that I will be gone is just too much; i try to find something comforting, but avoiding the thoughts seem to work best, drinking helps too
way to go about living indeed

>falling for the 'death is nothing to fear because it's inevitable' meme

lmao death is the only thing you should really be afraid of
pray that you're not one of the retards who dies before scientists crack biological immoratility

Its human nature to fear what we do not understand. We will never understand death because no one has told us what it's like.

Religion however, loves to tell stories about what happens. Its a mere fantasy. Truth is, some people in power were talking about how to better control their people, they rationalized that death is their ultimate fear, so what happened is they devised a whole system of dogmatic rules and agendas. These tenants and laws were to be followed exactly how they said, and if they were good, then after they died the would go to a kingdom of everlasting pleasure and happiness.
If they didn't, they would burn and suffer for eternity for not obeying.

Here we are thousands of years later.

Aside from that, its like how it was before you were born. You didn't feel anything did you? Hell, you can't even remember anything before the age of about 5, can you?

Its like going to sleep, you do it every night and you don't even realize that you simulate death. You close your eyes, lose consciousness, then wake up. You didn't feel any pain did you? Thats exactly what death is.

What people are mostly afraid of is being forgotten or not leaving a legacy after they die, which is understandable. People want to be remembered and do as much as they can before they feel as if their existence was worth nothing.

i can tell you're

exactly; also, biological immortalty - hell nah, impossible, but like, could be great

>going gentle into that good night
>not raging against the dying of the light

You tremendous faggot

>nature is a meme
Literally everything dies, you will too. All it is is fear of change, and nature is constantly changing. It's like being afraid of going to sleep. You know it has to happen but you don't know what you'll experience - you do it anyway.

that was actually the most comforting thing i`ve heard in a while... thanks, user

Sorry I wrote a entire fucking story for 20 minutes and my battery fucking died. Kik me 23dgy4u

well OP at 29 and having gone through this much of life, travelled a bunch of the world and generally done what i want to do rather than what people want me to do, and seen people who were friends of mine die before they made it even to this age, i really give less and less of a shit as the years go on. Id like to live to like 80 or more tho, living is fun.

If you're happy to kill yourself you don't need to kill yourself anymore because you're happy. What a paradox

fucking fuck that idea. no fucking thank you. I much rather return to the state I was in before I was born

>biological immortalty - hell nah, impossible

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turritopsis_dohrnii

>"Turritopsis dohrnii, the immortal jellyfish, is a species of small, biologically immortal jellyfish[2][3] found in the Mediterranean Sea and in the waters of Japan."

Demonstrably possible. We'll still get fucked up by entropy in the long run, but if we can't figure out how to escape entropy we deserve to die

A lot of people ask me.. am I afraid of death..
Hell yeah I'm afraid of death
I don't want to die yet
A lot of people think.. that I worship the devil..
that I do all types of.. retarded shit
Look, I can't change the way I think
And I can't change the way I am
But if I offended you? Good
Cause I still don't give a fuck

I'm zonin off of one joint, stoppin a limo
Hopped in the window, shoppin a demo at gunpoint
A lyricist without a clue, what year is this?
Fuck a needle, here's a sword, bodypierce with this
Livin amuk, never givin a fuck
Gimme the keys I'm drunk, and I've never driven a truck
But I smoke dope in a cab
I'll stab you with the sharpest knife I can grab
Come back the next week and re-open your scab (YEAH!)
A killer instinct runs in the blood
Emptyin full clips and buryin guns in the mud
I've calmed down now -- I was heavy once into drugs
I could walk around straight for two months with a buzz
My brain's gone, my soul's worn and my spirit is torn
The rest of my body's still bein operated on
I'm ducked the fuck down while I'm writin this rhyme
Cause I'm probably gonna get struck with lightnin this time

I'm with this guy.

>Literally everything dies

see

yer mother`s vagine?

Yes user, just for you and your funny joke

I'm happy knowing I won't be conscious to feel pain and disappointment anymore but yea if I reached this point of killing myself there's enough reasons why to fight against it. "Just fuck it" , borderline makes it really difficult even with a shit ton of meds

>the exception is the rule
these jellyfish go through a process of constant destruction and regeneration, nothing is different.

I don't have kik, can't you summarize it?

Mental disorders which always effect me and people around me. Besides the depression and social axienty and pretty much lack of interests/hobbies I think it's more of a self defence system that will cause ( knowing people will grief for a while ) less harm than if I'm alive. Even if I move to the other side of the planet, eat healthy and get some sort of girlfriend I never bad, it'll be a better idea that I will die and feel disappointment and hate almost every day. This world is just fucked up. I don't want to be apart of that system either. Each reason just makes it easier to act on. I'm done being stuck in limbo for almost 2 years.

...Girlfriend I never *Had*

I can barely relate. So do you fear the unexpected? do you fear what might happen after? what you might go through in the dying process? what you'll feel?

I would fear leaving this world knowing there are other worlds (not any "heaven", just other stranger works of what could be called "nature"). And then realizing that I could never come back to this one. That's the one of the only death related things I fear, it also makes me a bit sad.

The other is about not feeling personally fulfilled. I'd hate to die that way, and if I knew for a fact that my death was very close then I'd fear death...or to put it another way, I'd fear dying unfulfilled. I'm not sure if that means i fear death actually. But user when death comes by whatever means, your dead body will be the only thing left. You might be awake when you're dying and go through the process, or you might not. But when its death time, it's all over. Unless you're immortal.

no

I think you're too hard on yourself. Suicidal people are usually in a suicidal bubble of negativity and depression, where they tend to be overly critical of themselves.

What you're going through is something millions of people can relate to, but they still manage to live fine lives. Have you tried getting professional help?

like totally, bro

Hey man all dank memes and general Sup Forums attitude aside, I want you to be happy and I know you are capable of achieving happiness. Please give life another chance.
Always yours,

-user

Yes.

Yes many times. Talking makes me more anxious because I realise each time what kind of disaster I am. A Friend after 20 years ditched me because he got a call from the emergency room because I tried to overdose. They asked if he was able to bring me home. He hang up several times. I never spoke to him ever again. I was on meds but they do worse. Too each their own I guess but at this point I won't turn my back towards my plan.

I don't think you are a disaster. If you have mental problems then those mental problems can be solved by changing your view on life and by working on your self respect.
You're valuable, and you need to stop using negative words to describe yourself.

Your life is always changing, and everything will be drastically different in a few years from now. This is not the end for you, user. You're just going through a bad time of your life.

best way to kill myself pls

Same. Life is like fucking the same girl for too long; It's not like the next one you fuck has to be better looking, but anything different is exotic enough. Especially since we're talking about the unknown.

No. I'm afraid of life. The only reason that I haven't killed myself is because I fear that I will return to this world with no memory in potentially a much worse situation, like being reborn as a joyless elitist misanthrope, or Joaquin Phoenix or Rosie O'Donnell or something equally awful...

Helium tank, electrocution, jump from the highest building you can find and aim face-first for the ground.

Get over it.

You've been conditioned by something in your life. Something has told you that death is scary. It's not, dude.

death is permanent

No

I can sort of understand your feelings, user. My ex was like this. She had a serious fear of death and it really messed up her day to day life.

>eternal nothingness forever
nothingness means no eternity, no forever, actual nothing.

no time
no space
no distance
no sense
no emotion
no comprehension
no you
nothing

if you fear this nothing, then you will learn that there's nothing to fear.

death is the night of all, the end of existence, thus death is.. nothing.

have no fear, user.

youtube.com/watch?v=zuh3WyfVL2M

Holde youre breathe

I'm Catholic so I'm not afraid of dying. And when it comes to what's after the actual death I'm only slightly uneasy I've done my best to be a good person in life, not for hopes of getting into heaven but just because doing the right thing is well...feels good man

>jump from the highest building
>aim face-first for the ground

kek

Damn, people are still legit Catholic? I assumed it was mostly just lapsed-Catholics paying lip service.

Why can't one fear the concept of nothingness? The concept of it is in itself something.

why should we...

nihilism is so fucking gay.

exiting existence cannot be described as "permanent", seeing as permanent constitutes existence.

When i am, death is not, when death is, i am not. So there.

Few years ago, I'd say no. I'm skeptical of that now. I guess it is more about the way you die. If I was to die being chased, I would. If I was to die fighting, I wouldn't. If I died in my sleep, I wouldn't even know.

Rest, is for philosophers and theologist to rant about.

From my understanding of the rules for getting into heaven..you must confess all sins. Every last one to a priest and repent/ask forgiveness right? I find it impossible since we sin just about every min of the day everyday. So how the fuck does every christian not get scared shitless about most likely going to hell?? What if you forgot an old sin. Can it be forgiven? I think heaven is just full of unborn babies, martyrs, and perfect virgins whom lived a quiet peaceful life in the country. Oh and most people whom work in a church.

Who here really thinks theyll get in to heaven??

>Why can't one fear the concept of nothingness? The concept of it is in itself something.
yes, but in death.. concepts cease to exist also, so in death, there's even no nothingness. You fear something based on the idea of perception, and in death you have no perception -no thought, no instruments with which to interpret and analyse, therefore no pain, no fear, no discomfort. The you that you fear to lose, exists too only as a concept -and when that concept ceases to exist, so do you. You cannot experience death, you cannot even "be" dead -therefore there's nothing to fear.

oh user, it's hardly nihilism. I'm a devoutly religious man, and I truly believe that said nothingness, the end of existence, is a part of whole that we simply do not need to understand.

Heaven doesn't exist. Create your own while you're alive on earth and be useful towards humanity.

Hey man, there's a small, but significantly higher than normal chance that humanity's going to off itself WWIII style within the next two weeks. Wouldn't you like to be a fly on the wall for that? Stick around for a little while, you never know.

I'm a Paramedic.

I watch people die at least once a week. Sometimes several in the same shift. I'm not afraid of death. It's the one absolute we all face. My only fear is dying before I've done what I want to, because there is no god or great beyond. What I see in this world proves that fully. I also fear a painful death. I don't want my last moments to be filled with suffering.

Inb4 fedora references or triggered christfags. A world with any proper God wouldn't create some of the shit that I see. A God wouldn't let shit like child rape, Islam, Niggers or drugs into this world. Shit's fucked, yo.

now, this... is pod racing.

Yeah man I love my faith I may not believe everything the church tries to cram down my throat but I'm trying my best to be devout. Plus pope Francis is pretty kickass.

I've thought about it honestly. Would be entertaining to watch

No.

It's so 2017

You don't have to confess all sins to a priest I believe that's more to help find peace with yourself and to actually tell someone. There's a reason it's confidential if you truly pray to God and ask to be forgiven of sin even the ones you forget you've done you should be forgiven. I mean I tell God everyday I'm sorry for any evil I've done even if on accident and I truly mean it I want to do my best to bring more good than bad into this world.

It's human nature to fear the unknown. Just help other people and hope for the best is really all we can do.

I think people aren't afraid of death, just when where and how

No that's just fear of pain. If I said , hey user on May 8th I'm going to cut your thumb, would you be as afraid?