ITT:

One of these threads. Judge each other

bump

this is more or less accurate these days, although it's been about six months since i updated it.

Had pic related saved for just such an occasion.

you seem cool

your taste hasn't changed since you were ten, what an accomplishment

Ever since my older brother introduced me to i n d i e r o c k I just never stopped

I'm aware of how normie tier my tastes are
Could be worse.
Seem like an alright guy. Interesting tastes when you were 13+.
Seems like a natural progression in tastes, though I probably identify mostly with your tastes at 21 (in relation to metal). Any good suggestions my man?
Do you live in the PNW?
You feel like you've got that vibe about you.
Seem pretty chill.
Very interesting progression of taste, not one that seems immediately apparent.
Seem like you might feel somewhat detached.
Nothing bad to speak of.

fucking hell
I forgot my photo

>Very interesting progression of taste, not one that seems immediately apparent.
I can see that. I'm thinking I might update it adding me at age 19. 6 years is a pretty big jump, especially at that age.

I've always dreamed of living in Portland but I'm stuck in Virginia haha, thank you though man.

Dopefight
Stonehelm
Black Pyramid (I only got into their first record, but it's really good)
Bongripper
Egypt (again, their first release is the one I'm familiar with. The followup was a letdown for me and I haven't heard anything else from them)
The Lamp of Thoth (more "traditional" than the other acts on this list)

For jammier stuff, Karma to Burn, Wo Fat and Lo-Pan are really good.

Check out this chart, Ferret and I shared pretty similar tastes and he lists a lot of really good stuff here.

I just got more diverse with my taste

Was too lazy to draw the rest
And ten year old me is wearing shorts

You guys both seem pretty cool!

nobody cares if you cut yourself faggot don't include it in your music tastes. fucking kill yourself.

Thanks mate.
You seem pretty alright yourself.
What's your favorite shins album?

I haven't heard much beyond their singles (of those simple song is probably my favorite).

Right back at ya, user! i know what those cuts are like tho man, sorry you had to go through that lame ass shit.. glad to see they're gone now keep it up man

Send h8 pls.

are you trans?
no hate, genuinely curious.

not bad m8, no h8 here

not that guy but if yes, what's the appeal of those bands you currently listen to? I ask because they tend to be enjoyed pretty heavily by people in the "queer" demographic and i was wondering whether it;'s just a meme or if there's some genuine connection that i'm not seeing.

check out strand of oaks.

I just put it in the to distract from the cringe of the mullet. But you seem really angry man, you okay?

Oh, Inverted World probably. I really like the song One By One All Day since it reminds me of my childhood. Port Of Morrow is also a very good album, and Simple Song is awesome!

Thanks man! Meds did wonders for me, I'm pretty happy now, and now that I'm less depressed I've just gotten super into music, which has been really great.

I would have been friends with 16 y/o you.

They're unsure. I saw he/she talking about it in a thread a while back.

i dont know
i crossdress but idk if i want to transition

i don't know why i like them really, i just do

Cool guy, best at 16
Too metal for me but still cool
Too Sup Forums for me but still cool
You changed in all the good ways
You're fine by me, user
Good
Cool guy, listened to better music than I did when I cut lol
16 year old you would've been a good friend to have
Transitioning isn't for everyone

wow you're cool aren't you

your taste is supposed to get better, not worse

You changed your taste quick at 13

You guys are legit

I'm judging you just for making this thread

I don't know what happened to me

Very stereotypical. Also tweaking the ages a bit because it takes me a while to listen to new stuff.

All you guys seem nice :D

Wow you were very edgy for 10 haha

so you're 17?

I can identify with your progression m8

I got nothing against transgenderism/transvestism; but you have an objectively terrible taste in music.

then why bring up that they're transgender then?
fucking hate how every single one of these threads there's always kneejerk reactions to anyone who's a girl or trans.

but yeah they have a bad taste

I said that on the chance that someone would have claimed transphobia. To be honest, merely saying somebody has terrible taste isn't a good argument anyways

if i saw you i would know i am better than you.

seems like you've been raised on /mu

el oh el that picture of current you goes well with the music taste

seems like you liked enjoyable music when you were young but as you grew up faced didn't want to face criticism and decided to go with some much more boring music to listen to

THIS THREAD IS FUCKING PATHETIC

seem like a well mannered lad

>if i saw you i would know i am better than you.
maybe, but you seem pretty boring so your opinion doesn't hold much water with me.

You into Anathema at all?

Check out Sad Lovers & Giants, they may be right up your alley. Think Pink Floyd meets The Smiths.

kek this

I have heard a couple Anathema songs but haven't given them a good listen, any recs?
I've always been pretty chill I guess.

>any recs?
Nah m8, I was hoping you could give me some, actually. They're a band I've been meaning to get into but haven't yet. I' saw their later stuff mentioned around a few times (We're Here Because We're Here), so maybe start there?

Also check out later Insomnium, depending on which era of Opeth you like.