Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

Is being highly intelligent more of a burden than an advantage?

Not claiming to be a jeanyuss, but, yes.

inb4 200+ posts from pseudo intellectuals claiming they're geniuses

No, it's just that we have a bunch of pseudo intellectual autistic faggots especially in places like Sup Forums.

It could depend on the person and their in life

Trips of truth
Not really a burden since you can always take drugs, what many intelligent persons in history did

>It could depend on the person and their in life
>It could depend on the person and their in life
Their motive in life

The problem isn't really inteligence.
The real problem is being different. Choosing things that aren't the usual.
Sometimes, when you get used to question things a little more than the average person, you star choosing differently, and it can be a burden.

If you don't do anything with your intelligence, then it's a burden.

If you're intelligent, the idiots will laugh at you.
If you're an idiot, the intelligent will laugh at you.
If you're neither, they will both laugh at you, for being average..

The point of the matter isnt wether intelligence is a bonus or a drag..
It's that no matter what you do, people will always criticize you.

Take it as you want, wether it be constructive or offensive..

Yes, because everyone around you is so fucking stupid - and worse they are pig-ignorant.

Everything you do is geared down to them.

Second that

Thanks Sup Forumsto

Nice dubs

Well that depends on what intelligence is to you. To my knowledge s your capability to learn and understand things. IQ tests only check intelligence at a specific time and even then the language portion and some math is arguably testing prerequisite knowledge over learning capability and problem solving. According to the last IQ test I did I'm gifted. I'm still a speedy autismo like the rest if you.

*spergy autismo

No.

In my experience being smart just leads you to being outsmarted. If your good and honest you might live long enough to see and unfulfilled life.

Yes, because you can see the outcomes of things before most other people ahead of time

It's possible you're an idiot that thinks he's smart.

Kinda. It's hard to talk to other people about things without realize how caught up they are on meaningless vanities and living in the moment instead of thinking to the future. I can't even have long conversations with most people anymore since people don't want to have debates or discussions, they just tell stories and talk about boring shit they hear about from media but didn't bother to look into enough to have an opinion that isn't fed to them.

This

the kind of people who think they are highly intelligent cause read a lot of books and listen to classical music

Does life's conversations and daily challenges feel like your always stuck in 2nd gear?

The only non-psuedointellectuals ITT.

There's some real truth in this post that people who lurk these kinds of threads should take heed.

It really depends on what level of intelligence you fall and what you consider a burden. I'm smart enough to know I'm not smart enough. I'm not going to build anything great or start some tech revolution, but I can still see how bullshit every day living can be.

Oh, and to add on to this, plenty of people are very phoney and fake. You don't need to be intelligent to realize that but I'd say you need to be intelligent to realize that you'll never get anything of value out of forming relationships with these people. It ties back into people being caught up in vanities. Popularity, having people like you, et cetera. When you devote so much time towards meaningless things like these then you become a drone dependent on them. Too many people in life are so reliant on things and opinions that they never form their own opinions and ideas. I'm rambling so tl;dr, people are stupid, I'm stupid, stop wasting your life anons and try to enjoy who you are and just live your life free. We've got one life and it doesn't last long.

>if this doesn't make sense it's 2am and I'm off my add meds so trains of thought generally go off the rails

Objectively, no. If you're really that smart, then you could find a way to obtain the funds needed to live comfortably.

Also, meeting other smart people is usually a rewarding experience.

You'll still have to deal with idiots from time to time, but even idiots have to deal with idiots and most of the time, they don't enjoy it any more than you do.

This is great advice. Hang out with people that can think for themselves... and if you happen to relate to them, then even better. But most people, at least the ones I meet in life, are vapid and uninteresting. The people who I'm close to are the ones who affected me, if that makes any sense. Not the people who you pass everyday and pay no attention to. Just talk to people in your everyday life, and whether they respond positively or not, they will be welcomed into your life... which leads to friendships or even relationships.

>mfw the NEETs on this board think their problems stem from being too intelligent

Can you make money with the knowledge you're getting or already have? If not, learn something else that will make you money.

It doesn't matter if you have an ease of living in a financial sense if you're stuck in an existential view where you know there's no meaning to life and you desperately want something so the void of day in day out of lack of impact on a meaningless little blip in the universe is filled enough that suicide isn't constantly in the back of your head, tempting you to do it and see if there really is something after it all or if Buddhism is right or Christianity or Islam, Judaism, just SOMETHING so that every choice you've made up until that point wasn't for absolutely nothing whatsoever. That is of course, unless this is just me projecting. Also, inb4 I get called edgy I'm not trying to be. This shit just rattles my bones.

Good way to put it actually. Only thing that pisses me off more is when effort is mistaken as intelligence. Spending three days on working on an essay, getting an extra twenty minutes to finish your test and getting 90+ percent on each night be better numerically but if I can walk into class halfway through and finish the test, get 80+ and get the same doing an essay the night it's due which really shows who's smarter? And don't give me the "they're smart enough to know to study" shit, if they're smart they know they can get a good mark without trying too hard once they get the base material memorized. Even if somebody who's smart thinks they're stupid, they still aren't generally naive enough to ignore that most people around them are intellectually inferior in most situations.

Kinda hope this thread keeps going tbh. Oh well, down to the bottom it goes

No

fucking rats seem happier than me at times
my answer is maybe

This
It would have more replies if was about loli material

about time this turned into a loli thread

depends where you live
if you are stucked in Trumpland, you better be dumb as fuck.

No. It's an advantage. But it's also like wielding a claymore. It's not good in all situations, and you need to know how to wield it. After years of practice though, its a pretty good weapon.

Oh, HERE'S a fucking brainac.

That's the difference between slaves and lords. If you cannot form your own thoughts and opinions, then your mind does not belong to you.

Doesn't matter which side of the logistical spectrum you're on anymore. There's and right have drastically changed in I'd say the past twenty or thirty years in terms of ideology, and that combined with how quick most are to take an "us or them" mentality and either group you as extreme left or extreme right s making the first world more divided than its been in a very long time.

Political not logistical, this is the fourth paragraph I've written this thread where a word is fucked up because of my shitty cracked phone screen