Mind elaborating?

>Characters are bland and one dimensional
>Boardroom meetings all the time
>Same amount of Godzilla as 2014
>Godzilla gets hurt badly by the US military
>Recycled TOHO tracks clash with original music

Oh yeah, one more thing

>a lot of the CG shots look terrible.

is that scene where people are climbing out of his tail real?

No, like almost all the shots outside the trailer

>check /m/ threads
>"SILLY BAKA GAIJINS CAN'T JUDGE IT RIGHT BECAUSE THEY'RE NOT SUPERIOR NIPPON RACE!"

Why are Godzilla fans such cucks?

Misread the question, yes it's very real and unexplained.

Did the movie really show godzilla's transformation from tadpole creature into his final form gradually? Or all of it just happened off-screen?

Oh yeah, I saw some "The effects look jankey because it's an homage to the orginal films"

Nigga they look like shit because TOHO has no budget

It's also so anti-American it is actually laughable

"We will nuke you if you don't stop him in two weeks"

is it after godzilla dies or before? honestly that's to me the most interesting part about this new godzilla

do they look like that one drawing that's been posted here? skeletons with raw flesh? be as descriptive as you can be senpai

Tadpole happened off screen, turkey to dinosaur forms happen on screen, and final form (one from the trailers) happens on screen

All the forms except the final look like scyfy original movie shit.

After.

Tried to block it out because of how horrible it was. all I remember are vaguely human skeletons with Godzilla's dorsal spines crawling out and reaching skyward.

Oh yeah, the tail has a skull and mouth that fires rays at the tip.

Shit, last part had a typo, I meant that the transformation from dino to final form happens off screen.

I'm saying this as a Godzilla fan BTW

shit that sounds cool as fuck

thanks senpai

OP here, this Godzilla is GINO in terms of difference to other Godzillas

He is a collection of radiation eating micro organisms, evolves through three stages that look like Sy-fy channel shit.

>We only see tale of tadpole
>Turkey Godzilla looks more funny and adorable than scary
>Same thing with dino zilla
>Final form looks good for the most part, but a lot of shots look absolutely horrible.

It's GINO 2. If this were the 2014 movie no one would defend it.

Postive things

>Atomic breath is cool
>Half of the final form shots look great
>Original score is also great

These things are vastly outweighed by the negatives

I have a feeling that the only reason that this is getting good reviews and attendance is because it's incredibly nationalistic and pandering towards Japanese audiences.

does Godzilla die, or is it ambiguous when dealing with his final state? Like I heard he was frozen, but was it a "death" frozen, or was it like a "frozen-but-he-could-wake-up-one-day-and-terrorize-people-again" frozen?

>Tadpole happened off screen
isn't this the tadpole form?

It was ambiguous, which lead to more pandering to Japanese fears of the US nuking the area

>go to Japan
>end up seeing a movie
Do you feel your time was well spent?

That's the turkey (second) form

I am a huge Godzilla fan so I took the opportunity and saw it. It was the only negative to the entire vacation

Sorry it wasn't very good user. Maybe next time?

Hopefully, never had high hopes from when it was announced, when the attitude behind it was "We will beat Hollywood!"

They lost, big time

You have shit taste, user. The movie is 9/10. I counted 5 scenes with bad CGI Godzilla but that's it. I repeat, you have shit taste.

Almost all opinions have been split down the middle about this film. If you enjoyed it, the monster material was phenomenal and human drama very interesting. If you disliked it, the CGI was garbage and the film is just a bunch of boring meetings.

Though it is doing extremely well financially (expected to do much better than G14) and receiving strong reviews in its home country. Guess Anno is simply that divisive, especially amongst Westerners.

This is an important question: how well do you understand Japanese?

I refuse to believe you. Hideaki "The Master" Anno has never delivered anything short of a masterpiece.

Where are you from?

Did any scenes top the atomic breath scenes in 2014? I think I cheered like a man-child during the 'kiss of death' scene.

I also saw it and am fluent in Japanese. It's just as OP describes it, super shitty, not even worth comparing to 2014. It will bomb hard overseas.

I understand it very well

> expected to do much better than G14

What? In Japan yes, but globally, hell no.

You will get differing response from everyone, but for me, the scene was good, but 2014's topped it hard.

>I counted 5 scenes

That's half of his screentime. You only addressed on point of mine, there was a lot more to my review than bad CG.

>not even worth comparing to 2014

I gotta agree, 2014 is either number 5 or 6 in terms of Godzilla movies, but this one was in like 15th place, it's better than the worst, but anything that has some quality is better.

I wouldn't put much stock in this reviewer's opinion. It sounds like he misunderstood quite a few things. The film is dialogue heavy and that usually doesn't provide the greatest viewing experience for those who don't understand the language. And it isn't nationalistic, it's fairly cynical and pokes fun at just about everyone. The first half is best described as a black comedy. Many reviews have explained this and debunked the nationalistic stuff.

As for your question, here's a piece of a key scene.

bump

>I gotta agree, 2014 is either number 5 or 6 in terms of Godzilla movies

>Same amount of Godzilla as 2014

Seriously that blows. How long was he onscreen?

I thought it made a ton of money over their

What is that supposed to mean?

>Y-you just don't understand

No, I understand fully, I love the kaiju genre and am able to understand Japanese.

It isn't comedy, the tracks have titles such as "Who will know" and "Persecuting the Masses" with apocalyptic tones.

It's a serious disaster movie, JFC all these defenses for this film are fucking stupid.

Op is a retard, I'll wait to see it for myself if he even thinks g14 had a shred of decency to it. Also Sounds like he was bored of the boardroom scenes so hates it.

Major pleb

In Japan yes, but the Japanese box office has much different standards, it topped the box office with a bit over 10 million dollars.

It will not make over half a billion in order to surpass Legendary's Godzilla

Didn't time it, but about the same as 2014, including the other forms

>dumb americucks have shit taste

What else is new?

>Sounds like he was bored of the boardroom scenes so hates it. Major pleb

Boringness seems to be the main critique of 2014 over here.

Nice double standard you fucking weeb

You are the cuck if you defend this trash

I also saw it and am fluent in Japanese. It's just as OP describes it, super shitty, not even worth comparing to 2014. It will bomb hard overseas.

An American film is much more well loved by the Godzilla community than a current Japanese one

This is a mindfuck after 98

Cool. thanks man

>he actually admitted to being an american lardcuck
>is probably some dumb mexican or some fat neckbeard loser with shit taste
Opinion discarded.

Is your name Jim Ballard or Norman England?

The human drama of Godzilla '14 is legitimate garbage, dull and painfully slow. Aaron Taylor Johnson is one of the least interesting protagonists I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in a film. And everyone else is sidelined for him, including the titular character (who can almost be effortlessly writen out). The teasing was insulting.

A good number of reviewers have said Anno keeps things lively with his camera work, pacing, and performances of his cast. Sounds better than Godzilla '14 already.

It must be hard thinking with all the refugee cum in your ass, come back later when you clean that shit up.

Get over it you dumb abbo shit stain, this movie was trash

I'm the one who posted "I counted 5 scenes with bad CGI", and the 2nd cut of this webm where Godzilla flings his head to the left while shooting his laser is one of those 5.
There's 1 more bad CGI in an action scene, during the final battle, but those 2 scenes are the only important scenes. The rest are minor scenes where you wouldn't even care about the quality of CGI.

>We will nuke you if you don't stop him in two weeks
How is this unreasonable to Japs? I really want to know.

>Is your name Jim Ballard or Norman England

I can see why you would think that, I did watch their review, and I share a lot of the same thoughts as them.

>The human drama of Godzilla '14 is legitimate garbage, dull and painfully slow. Aaron Taylor Johnson is one of the least interesting protagonists I have ever had the displeasure of seeing in a film. And everyone else is sidelined for him, including the titular character (who can almost be effortlessly writen out). The teasing was insulting.

You mean like almost every Godzilla movie ever?

My brother is stationed in Okinawa and had a chance to see it. He said it sucked, that there is a Jap that's supposed to be half-American yet speaks awful English that made him laugh.

>human skeletons with Godzilla's dorsal spines
I'm sure it looks less stupid than it sounds

>60%'er acting like he's high and mighty
>when he has to deal with mexicans and blacks being almost 40% of his "country"
>thinks my country has a migrant problem

Of course the Amerifat thinks of cum as a first argument. Not only are you overweight but you have cock on the brain. What's next, are you gonna tell me to prep my arab bull and get in the shed?

Typical Amerigay.

The Japanese are incredibly fearful of nuclear weapons, and hate everyone who uses them no matter how rational of a solution it is.

Like I said, this film panders to political views of the Japanese public hence the good reviews.

This movie is as close to Kaijukino as it gets.

>godzilla movie by Anno Hideaki
>people were expecting anything more than shit
it's like people just forgot about what he's been doing to evangelion for the past 10 years

Anyone who defends this movie is a weeb or jap shill.

Think of more creative insults please, at least make me laugh

No, it's that fucking retarded

Oh yeah, that character is absolutely unintentionally hilarious.

Check the Japanese twitter.
They like it because it's a genuinely good film.

They like it because it panders to their nationalism. The film is pure garbage.

It's like the good reviews for Ghostbusters, they like it because it fits their narrative, and it will always be that no matter what they say.

And Japanese critics are notoriously really polite about films, wait a few years for an honest review from them

>at least make me laugh
How about I make myself laugh, instead?

>japanese having good taste
it's like you haven't seen anything they've produced in the last decade

It's a

>"DAE USA IS EVILS BECUZ HIROSHIMA"

Movie.

Imagine Evangelion where an Angel(Godzilla) attacks Japan, but Evas don't exist so they're forced to fight him with conventional weapons.
If that idea gets you excited, you'll love this movie.

Go back to Sup Forums

I must have shit taste cause it kind of does

That's terrifying desu

No matter how shitty that looks it's fucking brutal and would make my jaw drop in awe in theaters. Still no Cloverfield.

If by conventional weapons you mean a a convoy of jizz trucks them sure.

Evangeleon at least had actual characters and a plot.

This film has neither of those, bland people fight a monster with a story that just happens.

guess I'll just go rewatch eva then

It's the only part I really liked, so there is that.

> You mean like almost every Godzilla movie ever?

This sad defense needs to die. Godzilla films usually feature ensemble casts and are far less serious in tone than Godzilla '14. Honda's actors and actresses are genuinely interesting. Also the films are thirty minutes or more shorter than Godzilla '14 and balance the human/monster element better. Edwards didn't adjust Godzilla's screen time for the increase in running time and he included the obnoxious teasing. And at least most of the actually bad Godzilla films can be enjoyed ironically. Edwards takes himself far too serious for that.

I got very mixed messages from this film. While it's very anti-American, the US military actually wounds Godzilla with bombs while the Japs didn't do shit.

And I do mean wound, chunks of flesh are blown off and even a bit of a dorsal spine is blown off.

Something wrong, Muricca?

Thanks for the entertainment, it made my night, it almost makes seeing Shin worth it.

The US military was fucking based in this movie. They take part in the final fight, too.

The US wants to destroy Godzilla before he can evolve again and potentially become indestructible and spawn countless other monsters. They give the Japanese two weeks to evacuate Tokyo. And in the end, they assist the Japanese in bringing Godzilla down so they won't have to nuke the country. It's important to note the indecisiveness of the Japanese government is what allows for Godzilla to become the threat he does in the first place.

It's literally GINO 2, he was fucking hurt by conventional weaponry.

HAHA all these weeaboos who THINK they're fluent in Japanese.

>Oh yeah, there is a somewhat large turkey-dino thing destroying things what should we do
>Uhhhhhhhhhh

And they didn't fire on it why? The problem would've been solved right there.

>these are the people americans have to live with

The Japanese Goji's were never invincible, user.

Only the weeaboos and Japanese defend this movie

How the fuck did you get the money to go to glorious Nippon?

Thanks Satan

But they were never hurt by conventional military fire at least not to the point of blowing chunks of flesh off, that's one of his main things, it's usually a superweapon or another kaiju who does damage, not bombs.

wew

tb.h

I have a job, and I saved a lot of money. I'm not a fucking NEET like most of this website.

>I hate black people
>I hate this guy for wanting to get rid of black people

At least be consistent between shitposts user.

s.mh

He's so fucking cute

It isn't scary in motion either.

Civilians were in the way and those in charge didn't want innocents to get caught in the crossfire. Didn't want bad publicity or to make tough decisions. The point of the film was to address the poor decision making of 3/11, it's satire.