Hey Sup Forums, can any tech god tell me if everything in this build will be compatible? Thanks

Hey Sup Forums, can any tech god tell me if everything in this build will be compatible? Thanks

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/4VtRbj
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Try on >>Sup Forums

If you're spending so much on that shitty Ryzen CPU, you might as well be getting a 1080. What are you using this for?

Gaming, Seeding, and torrenting. I just prefer AMD CPUs over Intel.

Ryzen would be if you're doing a lot with your PC. Streaming, editing, rendering, and gaming. Since you're really only using it for one major task, I'd go with an Intel. It'd be cheaper for the output, and then you can even it out with a better video card.

Okay, thanks man.

And you don't need 32 gigs of fucking ram. Get 16. Use the money for a better GPU, more HDD storage, an SSD, and/or a more dependable PSU. Given I'd rant and rave about EVGA just because of their incredible customer service, I'd go with a gold or platinum for the peace of mind.

Alright. Upon further review you're all turned around. You want gaming. What's your budget? Would you like to play current games and games to come? Preferred resolution?

1500 USD, Yes, 1080p or 4K.

I got rid of 2 of the Ram sticks, and I can change the PSU to Cooler Master or something if it's just 500w.

Also I dropped down to the Ryden 1700 and I'm just gonna clock it to 3.9.

>1080p or 4k
>1500USD

Don't tell me, but I'm gonna assume you're in high school and getting into PC gaming. That's fine. I'm not gonna fuck with you. I'm getting you a solid rig, don't you worry. You'll want to have someone on Sup Forums or /r/buildapc (Yeah, Reddit woohoo fuck you.) proofread it for you because I'm human and I make mistakes.

We're starting over.

You want to game at 1080p at most likely 144hz. Fuck 4K for right now. I'm rolling with the assumption you're in high school and you don't need to blow your money on 4k. It doesn't matter. 1080p looks fine. If you're still pushing it 2k, but that's also money.

And 1500 USD is perfect. I just threw together a build for more or less the same budget and it passes with flying colors.

You still with me?

Sure, thank you.

Alright we're gonna start piece by piece. Ryzen is a good CPU, alright? I'm not a fan of AMD. I like to believe they're a poorman's Intel, so I'm gonna help you find an Intel that'll do your job. Would you like to overclock? Or is OCing gonna be something you'd rather deal with down the road? Or would you prefer to not overclock at all? Keep in mind you can still make a perfect rig without overclocking, but it's something to play around with. I'm no expert so don't ask me the finer details lest I give you a blank stare.

I'm fine with Intel, and I'm gonna overclock down the road. I know how to manually overclock, so no worries.

Alright, what are you looking for a in a motherboard? What add-ons would you like to be able to make? A sound card? Do you care? Do you just want something that will do the job?

Just anything that's compatible with the CPU. 16gb of Ram too, but that's it. Once again, thank you so much.

Alright. I see you liked water-cooling. I should give you a heads up:

All-In-One kits:
>a bit louder than most heatsinks due to the pump
>only about a 5 degree advantage than most heatsinks
>pain in the ass to install; get your dad to help
>risk of leaking and ruining your parts
>expensive, and you might need to buy aftermarket fans (optional)

BUT

>look badass

I was in that very spot not a month ago. I chose a heatsink (CryoRig R1 Ultimate) because I wanted it to be quieter, and I'm not looking to win any competitions, and silence is preferred. Works like a charm. 55C while running Player Unknown's Battlegrounds, which isn't a demanding gaming but it's up there with Arma 3.

That said, heatsinks:
>Big and wonky, hard to install but easier than AiOs

BUT:

>cheaper
>can look cool
>SILENCE.

>That said, heatsinks:
>>Big and wonky, hard to install but easier than AiOs
This was really only in my case. Most heatsinks are not that hard to install.

A Heatsink is fine, silence is preferred, just anything that will fit in the case. I'm not gonna be installing it myself.

Alright, that said, do you want a full tower case or mid tower?

I don't have a preference, just something that everything will fit in.

Golden rule:
If your CPU costs more than your graphics card, and you're building a gaming PC, you've fucked up.

This is one of the dumbest things I've read in this thread

Why would you go with anything intel over ryzen?

Alright OP. I think I have something you'll fancy.

pcpartpicker.com/list/4VtRbj

CPU - i5-7600k
This is a very acceptable modern gaming CPU. It's no 7700k, but for fucks sake it'll do the job and more with overclocking potential.

CPU Fan - 212 Evo. This is THE fan to get. Unless you're going ballistic, this is the aftermarket fan. If you really want to go baller, look into a Noctua or a CryoRig setup. Those tend to be a bit more complicated to install, but the performance is great.

Motherboard - Asrock z270 Killer - I recommend this motherboard. Built in wifi, 6gb/s Sata, etc. It looks slick and does the job.

RAM - G.Skill Ribjaws V Series, 16 gigs - Even 16 gigs is pushing it, but in the coming day and age you'll be prepared. 3200 DDR4, This is a respectable RAM setup for the modern gaming system.

Storage - 3TB 7200 RPM is perfect for you. I also threw in an M.2 SSD cause holy shit those things are immaculate. Just put Windows and some other shit you like on there.

I'll continue in part 2 cause I'm pretty sure you and me are the only ones in here and fuck yourself if you think I'm letting this die.

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it.

Anyways,

GPU - EVGA's 1070. This is perfect for someone wanting to run a 1080p gaming rig. Your urge for power will push you to want a 1080 or 1080ti, but no, that's for 4k gaming and stroking your e-peen. With EVGA, however, should that be the case for you, you're able to utilize a Step-Up program through which you return the 1070 to EVGA, pay the difference, and receive a 1080, 1080ti, whatever your heart desires.

Case - Corsair 500r - Gonna be honest I just picked whatever I thought looked cool. Do your own research for this one, alright? You can go with a full-tower or mid tower. It's just preference. Pick a case that has the airflow that will suit your room, or wherever you're putting it. I'm rocking a Thor v2-2, a five year old case that I got for 50% off. Looks rad dude.

PSU - EVGA's Supernova 650W Gold - Does the job, and fully modular, again respect for EVGA.

OS - Obviously choose whatever you want. I pirated Windows because fuck you Microsoft. I'm now blowing $100 for something I got for free in five minutes.

Questions or comments?

>Thor v2-2
v2-w, my mistake, not v2-2.

>now
not* my mistake

No questions, just thank you so much for helping me man. Don't know what I could offer you.

If this were 2014, I'd tell you to buy Arma 2 and install the DayZero mod, get whiteliste on the BMRF website, but alas, those days are gone. It's fine though dude. Again, post your build on /r/buildapc on Reddit. Sup Forums might not give you a hand. Again, Reddit, fuck you whatever. Those guys are nice enough to at least look it over for someone asking for help. Sup Forums is cool too don't get me wrong but fuck them.

Because I'm not a faggot dipshit playing into AMD's revolutionary and experimental bullshit. Intel works. I'm rolling with them. Sorry for the late reply.

Sounds like you're the one with bullshit

Ryzen is an alright CPU, but it's more for streamers or renderers, ie, people looking to multitask with their PCs. Intel is fine for people doing just gaming, workstations, what have you.

I'm glad he's taking the time to help you but take his advice with a grain of salt. He's switching you over to the brands he likes regardless of wether or not it's really an improvement or in your best interest.

This guy here.
He's right. I'm not trying to indoctrinate you by any means, but these are parts I'm comfortable with and as such that's the build I decided to throw for you. The build would work perfectly fine, but these are parts I recommend from experience. Yes, please do take it with a grain of salt. By all means, think and do research for yourself. That's why I recommended having someone proofread it for you.

site has compatibility check. 2 dual dimm ram kits... *eyeroll*

gaming and torrenting with a 1tb mechanical drive? thank god you're a Sup Forumstard and won't pro-create

Since all you'll end up doing is stalking 5/10's on fb and shitposting on Sup Forums, just go to sears and get a toaster.

is this for world of warcraft?

I honestly don't care about brands. I just want something that works. The Ryzen seemed cool, and I could afford it. But I've worked with Intel before, and you're correct.

I'll talk to buildapc and I'll ask Sup Forums about the case. Thanks so much. Have a good one.

>In only 14 and i only know ssd
This is what you sound like, child

This is the same as apple fags saying that Macs are just better for content creation despite there not really being much to support it

If you like one brand more than the other regardless of anything that's fine but just say that instead of some contrived garbage

Reading what I said I realise I probably came off as more hostile than I had intended to, so I apologise for that. By all means your final suggestions are solid it just seemed to me like there was some brand loyalty coming in to play that op may or not be aware of. Though you did go above and beyond in helping him out so perhaps that's deserved