Today is the 20th Anniversary Of Jeff Buckley's Death

In honor of him and his legacy post your favorite Jeff Buckley song.

I'll Start

>Mojo Pin
youtube.com/watch?v=Bawbk71Qh_g

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=N8uk9Ql8J-A
youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs
youtube.com/watch?v=2hL-0Sdg5ng
youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0
youtube.com/watch?v=QHhVvT9Xs5I
youtube.com/watch?v=58E-9ZEw-yQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

song?
he only has one album. what legacy?
his dad was 20x better

youtube.com/watch?v=N8uk9Ql8J-A

idunno if id call it a "legacy" either, but there are plenty of songs that he's sung that werent on Grace, he wasnt a one hit wonder, brah
maybe a pleb pick but this song gives me chills everytime youtube.com/watch?v=hXe1jpHPnUs

What an unusual death he had. Sounds like something from a Coen brothers film.

Who made it a competition? You can't deny Grace isn't a phenomenal album and that it hasn't inspired many artists over the 23 Years it has been in existence.

>and that it hasn't inspired many artists over the 23 Years it has been in existence.
name 5

I absolutely ADORE grace. its just a 10.
but heres one of my fav tracks from a less known album, "I Woke Up In A Strange Place"

youtube.com/watch?v=2hL-0Sdg5ng

A more hard hitting rock song but the vocal delivery gives me chills. I definitely think he has a legacy even with just one official album.

Bon Iver
Hozier
Coldplay
Radiohead
Adele

dont spoonfeed people who are so willfully ignorant

gotcha senpai

Thom Yorke
PJ Harvey
Bono
Lana Del Rey (IB4 Hack)
Anna Calvi

And probably lots more based on how popular his album is, Why're you trying to discredit Jeff Buckley so much?

Does anyone else think he it may have been a suicide? I was reading an article a while back how people loose touch with themselves when they overtake the age of a deceased parent. I mean he went swimming in unsafe waters with boots and clothing on, at night time.

I dont believe it was intentional. A bit too sporadic to be a suicide in my opinion.

Could have been, But he was with friends when it happened (If i remember correctly) and there were a few witnesses supposedly.

when you listen to some of his lyrics, the dude def had some depressive tendencies, and i wouldn't opt it out

It's kinda like chris cornell, his suicide came out of nowhere but you just don't know what went through his mind, Same with Jeff

> "asleep in the sand with the ocean washing over"

What did he mean by this?

Lover, You Should Have Come Over is GOAT

im not its my one of fav albums. but saying he has a legacy is laughable.

Fun fact, Chris Cornell was a big Jeff Buckley fan and Jeff was a big fan of Soundgarden. Chris even helped but together 'Sketches...' for release and even owned a red telephone of his and had it on stage during his solo shows.

The album and his songs are his Legacy though?

your dick is laughable

>but saying he has a legacy is laughable.
Are you retarded or something? He's considered one of the greatest vocalist of all times and inspired countless artists. His live performances were highly praised during his lifetime. His Hallelujah cover even went #1 in the UK nearly a decade after his death, and he still remains popular. If that's not a legacy then I don't know what is.

Stop baiting

I don't think you understand what a legacy is, The fact he had one album means nothing and doesn't take away from his Legacy.

im a girl
a poor legacy if anything.
>His Hallelujah cover even went #1 in the UK nearly a decade after his death, and he still remains popular. If that's not a legacy then I don't know what is.
commercial success doesn't mean anything. if we're going by that than bieber and adele's legacy is even greater
you're right. its a poor one considering he killed himself. good album tho

He was just reckless. Going swimming with clothes on wasn't uncommo0n and friends and girlfriends attest that he had done it before at different places. The place where he swam was just a horrible swampy part with a lot of boat traffic. Not to mention that it was dark out when he swam. He just took too many chances and it finally caught up to him.

>pleb pick
that song is GOAT

>its never over
>my whole kingdom for a kiss upon her shoulder

Alright folks, it's an obvious shitposter. Stop replying and don't take the bait.

lmao he is literally the premiere singer-songwriter entering the 21st century in terms of pop influence

>replies anyway
prove it

I honestly don't think he's a shitposter. He's just retarded and doesn't understand the detention of what a legacy is and thinks if you have more than 1 album it can be a legacy but if you only have 1 album it can't be a legacy no matter how good the album is.

>prove it
well one reason is he's almost entirely responsible for the re-popularization of practically the biggest song of the early 2000s
Evidence? everyone and their mother would go on to cover it after jeff

He died? Oh shit I must've missed that. RIP

>anecdotal evidence
so no proof. alrighty!

*HIGH PITCHED WAILING INTENSIFIES*

DON'T FOOL YOURSELF
SHE WAS HEARTBREAK
FROM THE MOMENT
YOU MET HEEEER

i completely agree, although when i saw that it was the second most (iirc) played song on his spotify page, i figured it was sorta everyones favorite right after hallelujah

*heartache

influence is effectively unproveable. you're enormously intellectually acute to perceive that, congratulations. influence is quite literally only a summation of anecdotal evidence

Nah, they keep replying with smug comments and blatantly stupid ideas. They are obviously baiting. Kind of sad you can't have a good thread without some asshole coming to be a 'le epic troll.'

you are gay my man

so i guess GANGNAM STYLE will be the biggest influence of the next decade?
youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

I listened to Tim Buckley's Starsailor the other day and really enjoyed it
What next?

This whole set is amazing

youtube.com/watch?v=QHhVvT9Xs5I

16:20 ho lee fuk

This is just one of the greatest covers, the guitar and the singing just put you in a trance.

youtube.com/watch?v=58E-9ZEw-yQ

RIP Jeff Buckley and Nusrat.

>Ctrl+F
>So Real
>0 results

i'm not even a fan but it's shit b8 to dismiss his influence and legacy. he's a part of gcse curriculum so aspiring rock songwriters in the uk are studying his music in high school.

>Dream Brother

And I'm not afraid to gooooooooooo
But it goes soooo slowwwWWWWW

rip

I wish he would have done some roy orbison covers

imagine his voice on in dreams!!!

That would have been heavenly