Is hating stranger things a meme or is it diserved?

is hating stranger things a meme or is it diserved?
I saw the first episode and enjoyed it

It's popular and we'll done, therefore shit.

it's pretty soulless to be honest familia

it's a lazy collage of spielberg and other 80s shit

>tfw had to pretend to like it when i watched it with my friends

Pretty much this.

>tv show first comes out
>Sup Forums enjoys it and endless threads about how good it is
>show gets popular
>threads flood Sup Forums about how it's reddit meme trash

Literally happens with anything that's somewhat decent and popular

Liking it is a meme

there's a containment thread already >watching with friends
no user you are the plebs

/thread

>and we'll done,
you really just like seeing references to stuff that is actually good.

I enjoyed it a lot, but the first 6 or so episodes are the best. After they solve all the mysteries, it just becomes nonstop fighting a CGI monster.

toothless is p great, midnight is such a cunt so far wtf

>references to stuff
that aren't the same medium

It's a good homage, but that's all it is. It gets so caught up in nostalgia and references that it forgets to create an identity of it's own.

i just marathoned the first episode desu i didn't really like it does it get any better?

This. Also the black kid hasn't been strung up in the streets with fire set to his body and his penis chopped off and stuffed in his mouth. If you don't see the problem with the jews preventing a show from being redpilled you need to get the fuck out of Sup Forums. I mean Sup Forums

This is seriously bullshit. You all seriously play up how much the show uses 80s shit. All they use it for is to help build the setting and mood, its not 80s: The Show like Sup Forums would have you believe.

It'd help if you actually watched the fucking show so you knew what you were talking about.

I don't think you actually watched many of the things it's referencing.

Protip: Watch more 80's movies, lad.

Name a single original idea in this show.

science teacher watching the thing ooooo so 80s get an identity

>*loud sweating*

>it's popular
>Sup Forums pretends to hate it

This happens all the time, OP

Why does Sup Forums always do this? It's like clockwork.

I don't think anyone here actually hates it, hate is a pretty strong word. The thing is it's just completely overrated by a vocal group of special snowflakes, who become defensive whenever you mention that their little Netflix show isn't as flawless as they've all deluded themselves into believing.

Why do these special snowflakes have such a hard time accepting that this show is a pretty mediocre mishmash of cliches and 80s "homages". It's not even good homage, they literally rip off shots/sequences from movies like E.T. It's literally worse than a Tarantino movie in that respect.

At the end of the day the show isn't a complete waste of time, but it's not spectacular or outstanding enough to warrant the kind of praise it gets on here and elsewhere.

You do understand that there is more than just one reference to 80's movies, right?

People hate it because they enjoyed it so much, they don't know how to react. It's exactly like when Nancy asks if he likes El
>N-NO I DON'T LIKE HER EWW

Also
>be Millie's parents
>have three kids
>get told by someone from Hollywood your 12 year old daughter is a really good actor
>sell all your possessions and move to America
>said daughter does some acting, but nothing special
>money runs out, file for bankruptcy, and plan to go back home to Britbongistan
>at the last second get cast for Stranger Things
>show is success, daughter is now mainstream
>go on a summer vacation to celebrate
Is she gonna be the next Emma Watson?

We loved it but then reddit started praising it so now its overstated trash

Why do libs feel the need to bring up Sup Forums at every chance?

Enjoy it, OP.
No one so far has mentioned the great things about the show:
Winona
Excellent kid actors
God tier soundtrack/score
Kids being bros
Barb

Sup Forums has always been contrarian faggots. Its how we justify that we're special and not like the other online communities, tee hee.

>It's popular
Is it really that popular? Most of the normies I know, both at work and at school, haven't yet heard about the show. The only place I really see it having any traction is on here and Reddit. If you were talking about Game of Thrones or The Walking Dead then maybe you'd have a point.

>we'll [sic] done
Let's not get carried away here. Compared to the films it so blatantly rips from, it fails miserably, and despite fetishizing 80s nostalgia, it severely lacks a strong 80s feeling or vibe. If it weren't for the music, and the occasional awkwardly placed reference to something from the 80s, you'd hardly know it was supposed to be set in a different era.

No it's because you retards have shit taste and can't bear to know it

It's not a meme, it's just a very mediocre show
>b-but muh nostalgia

the same people that like stranger things are the same people that like boyhood.

>it severely lacks a strong 80s feeling or vibe.

>NiggaYouJustWentFullRetard.jpg.tiff.png.bmp.exe

I enjoyed the first two episodes quite a bit. It then goes down hill, and by the end of it, it ends up being disappointing

It mostly just made me want to rewatch X-Files or Twin Peaks.

The kids were fucking annoying.

Pretty much this. I have a sneaking suspicion that the people who are overrating Stranger Things are underage kids who have not watched any of the films that the show takes from, because if they did the'd realize just how much of a shallow imitation it is.

If true, then you're just not the target demographic. Sorry, lad.

In my country it's the new meme show, so yeah, it's popular

>is hating stranger things a meme or is it diserved?
what? people can't dislike something for being shit without it being considered a meme? that's the most fucking retarded thing i've read on Sup Forums.

I've never wanted to bully someone so hard in my life

Ok, gramps. That's enough Sup Forums for you. Go to bed, you ol rascal you.

b-but they played dnd!

why are you being such a huge faggot about this?

if you have netflix obviously you should watch it. it was only 8 episodes.

what movies?

>Is it really that popular?
It's fucking hue nigga

What a pathetic old fool, don't act like Spielberg is some kind of relic, most people has seen your precious old movies one way or another

>Is it really that popular?
Yes it really is
Almost everyone I know is into it and its everywhere on Facebook and Twitter

>Preacher in third place overall

Fuck yeah, son

Reddit injects it into every conversation just like how they force GoT. Peeves me. I don't bring up The Walking Dead every 5 seconds even though I'm a fanatic.

Nah nigga.

>tv show comes out, netflix shills the shit out of it on Sup Forums
>they repost literally the same thread 24/7 for weeks trying to get people to notice and watch
>aside from the obvious samefagging in those obvious shill threads the genius opinions on the show are still pretty much the same now as they were then

Nigga you can even check the archive. No need to make shit up.

Pretending to like something just to fit in makes you a spineless wimp. Rethink your life.

I hate boyhood because it's just a collection of home videos, but I love stranger things because it's straight forward

Taking this so seriously you get mad.
SHIGGY

>most shows on tv are dogshit
>a decent show comes out
>people overhype the fuck out of it
>faggots approach the show with unrealistically high expectations
>said faggots are surprised when the show doesn't live up to the hype
>they call it shit
Everytime.

This has never happened you paranoid buffoon

This show is trash. Saw the first episode

>Bad child actors, over exaggerated lines "muh bullying"
>Winona Ryder overacting, shrieking constantly
>Sisters bf is a creep
>80s scifi tropes nonstop

I like the title screen and music, das it. The child acting is bad and this is just another medicore netflix time waster.

You're innawoods with your qt gf looking for your best friend when this queer calls your gf a monster. What do you do?

Keep in mind, his dad is a Nam vet and he has a wrist rocket with him.

>shilling

Stopped reading right there

Draw first blood

>I marathoned the first episode so I can comment on the quality of the entire show

If the first episode is trash af, why bother going for seconds?

If I take a bite, and it tastes like shit, why finish the sandwich?

that pic is pretty much perfect/end thread

Pic related

as someone who absolutely hates the whole horror mythology and 80s classic blockbusters that this film loves, i must say it was very enjoyable, though not because of those aspects. quality remains constant from the first episode, and it really doesnt have any highlights, so id say people should give it a try for those first 45 minutes and see how they feel about it.

Food analogies belong on Sup Forums

Hehe

I think pretending he has friends is even more pathetic

There is no hate for it. We've had daily /stg/ threads that hit the bump limit for a month now.

Sup Forums loves Stranger Things.

Sup Forums loves Stranger Things.

>Marco Polo being that high

Ew.

My main complaint is that they kill a hydra with a single fireball. Like shit, what a anticlimactic end to the campaign.

it's fun, charming and sweet. nothing really more than an ode to movies we grew up watching that we will most likely never see made again unless being warped into some zombie remake. It didn't hit you over the head with any messages other than childhood friendship so I really can't see anyone having a problem with it unless their childhood was shit because they were shut-in, lazy kids who never got up to anything with their friends.

If the you didn't like any of the genres in the mishmash in the first place then nobody can really fault you for not liking it. It really is just a product of the modern commercial TV market. You seek out what you already like and find comfort in things you're familiar with, kind of like the whole reason Donnie Darko is at all popular. The filmmakers genuinely just wanted to evoke a nostalgic emotion out of people, they haven't said otherwise. I don't necessarily see what's wrong with that,

why are you responding to yourself?

There are some heavy flaws throughout but I think to hate it is pretty dumb, yeah.

It seems it's impossible to make a flawless TV show. Even the shows considered the absolute best have story elements that here and there that are iffy at the very least.

obvious posting from your phone so that you won't be called out on being a samefag. I've read your book.

Whatever man. Believe what you want.

I want to fuck Nancy.

>ha ha, Sup Forums doesn't care for most things

That's lewd

you must enjoy annoying kids to can't act yelling at the top of their lungs at fucking nothing

It's great, I joined netflix just to watch it.

Good thing that if you decide Netflix isn't for you - no problem. No commitment. Cancel online anytime.

I liked the show reasonably enough....but can i talk about how bullshit it was that this fucking thing had several magazines of 9mm emptied into it ass as point blank and it barely flinches, but a fucking sling shot staggers it?

It wasn't the slingshot though, it was Eleven.

Hang him from a tree

how many levels of irony are we on?

>that many people watched Preacher

The object he flung at it had something to do with Eleven? I don't understand, if theres something I missed, but wasn't it just a rock or an 8 ball?

Hydras are weak to fire and AoE attacks (due to hitting all heads at once)

It was the rock Mike fell into

So it was a magical rock? Well, okay fair enough.

Fuck you're stupid.
You got me.

I'm the movie poster for The Thing in the kids basement, despite the fact that the movie was a complete bomb commercially and critically, and kids would have never seen it.

>tfw watch Stranger Things and find that it's OK
>redditors on Sup Forums go on about how it is the greatest show in history and you're an idiot for disagreeing with them

Sorry, I didn't analyze every element of a fucking TV show. The only problem is even using supernatural elements to explain away how that particular scene played out, it was already demonstrated that the creature can be hurt by normal objects and elements on our plane of reality (Fire and Blunt force instruments) maybe not fatally, but enough to force it to retreat. but fucking bullets barely slow it down? You know, those things that fly at an average of 390 m/s and causes such wonderful thing like hydrostatic shock? So 3 kids with largely improvised weapons can drive it off, but a platoon of soldiers are utterly helpless? WTF?

Mike is the bigger alpha in the show.
Dr. Brenner almost got El back but he was cucked by a 10 year old.

Just stop, nobody is this stupid

That would be more likely to happen today than in the 80's

Butthurt much?

>marathoned
>1 episode

i hate stupid people