Has a better rap album been released?

Did Earl Sweatshirt release the best music we have ever heard?

Pretty mediocre desu

Holy shit
I love Earl
He is my favorite modern artist
But shit man, relax

>the best music we have ever heard
>implying rap is the best music
rap is for children

It really only has like three "aww shit" tracks the rest are a mix ok and ehh

IDLS = Solace > Doris > EARL

IDLKSIDGO > Doris

Doris is full of fillers with shitty songs like the ones with Tyler the Cancer.

it wasn't even the best rap album of the year

Boy summer is in full swing

There's tons of golden age records that top anything Earl even imagined, have you heard of Buhloone Mindstate by De La Soul?

Skelethon.

whoa has tyler but is good though

This
I feel like Solace could've gone onto IDLSIDGO... did he release it before or after? I remember they were close

Yeah but the other one was so bad.

in an interview he said he made solace in 1 night "for his mom", after IDLS

Idlsidgo is for kids too cool for odd future buttrendy enough to like peep and xxx. Doris actually had variety in lyrics and instrumentsls, plus great features besides like one of the tyler verses.

Can someone please explain the appeal of Earl to me? I listened to this album 5 times all the way through and its not exactly innovative or exciting. What is it about Earl that makes him special, because I dont see it

He's not special or exactly innovative, he's just really good

Uncle Al top 5 rap instrumental of all-time. Such a shame it's the shortest track

raps using words with a lot of syllables and his pronunciation of words sometimes is fucking good. I can see why this album might not hit with people though, first half has most of the good songs and the quality just dips for the rest

what about his style delivery or content is really good

What are some songs you would site as examples of this. Genuinely am trying to "get it" because I've learned to love alot of artist that I initially wrote off

>pronunciation of words

This did stick out to me, pronouncing "patterns" "patterins" made me kek out loud.

even to most people who prefer modern rap to golden age doris wouldnt be a contender for top album desu