Would Sup Forums agree these are the artistic highpoints of their mediums?

Would Sup Forums agree these are the artistic highpoints of their mediums?

dont really read that many novels
Black Saint And The Sinner Lady
Eraserhead
Shadow Of The Colossus or Bioshock

The only thing I agree on is SoC. But I don't play much vidya. Also the OK Computer and Infinite Jest comparison are spot on

For an edgy sixteen-year old who just discovered Sup Forums, yes

lol
how long have you been on fourchandotorg

why would infinite jest be

More like artistic memepoints

>vidya
>art

nope, let me contribute to a better list.

Book: 2666
Album: Scott Walker's Tilt
Movie: David Lynch's Blue Velvet
Game: Planescape Torment

wew lad
we got ourselves an individual over here, with real opinions
get lost, we don't take kindly to people with "taste"

>memes

>music
if it's just modern music, then probably Pet Sounds
>film
2001: A Space Odyssey
don't really read or play video games very often

No. Not one of those things is good.

is Infinite Justice really good? Did anyone on Sup Forums read it?

That's not Kid A.

Why the fuck is literature not Ulysses
fuck out of here with these shite reddit approved opinions

>Eraserhead
>Bioshock
This dude gets it

The only thing on there that's somewhat justified is Shadow of the Colossus. Calling Holy Mountain a highpoint of cinema is downright insulting.

You're so on your early 20s it hurts

Those have to be the most generic choices imaginable, good job

>he hasn't read We

>look at me, I've read discount 1984
I know he influenced Orwell but c'mon son

Maybe MAYBE you could argue that Alright Calculator is the "artistic highpoint" of Pop/Rock Music, even then, it's an uphill argument, but music as a whole? Fuck outta here.

Nobody really thinks that IJ is the artistic highpoint of novels do they?

>Discount 1984
Orwell ain't got shit on Zamyatin

Have you read 1984
like I know it's overrated but actually read it, it's boderline postmodern We is the inferior product, no dispute

Memes aside, I would recommend Scott Walker's The Drift, if you haven't listened to it.

The Satanic Verses
Another Green World
Mulholland Drive
Portal 2

The Brothers Karamazov
Orchestre des concerts Lamoureux / Igor Markevitch - Symphonie Fantastique (Berlioz)
Platform (Zhangke, 2000)
Bioshock

um, no.

Moby-Dick
Tago Mago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Super Smash Bros: Melee

But these are just personal favourites, I've no idea how you would attempt to determine the "artistic highpoint" of a particular art form

•Portrait of the Artist
•Pink Moon
•Marketa Lazarova
•Halo: CE

>popular music
>highpoint of music
back to Sup Forums

explain how popular and highpoint are mutually exclusive anytime

Sorry, I should've been a poser and listed Beethoven Symphony 9 right?

art music is objectively better
>everyone with better taste than me is a poser
back to Sup Forums

how do you reason that?
if it's objective you can argue it easily

All forms of classical prior to 1860s are absolute trash, dude. Have fun with your pretty noises, though.

Holy mountain is correct but ok computer makes it seem like bait, same goes for infinite jest, except this is a music board so you would expect better.

Every time you listen to classical, I want you to remember that it was made for the tasteless nobility to posture. Centuries later and you still are posturing. Good girl! :)

>Holy mountain is correct
there's a world of cinema outside the criterion canon hombre

Name your favorite symphony

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!

what is it then my dude?

Music is not an art form that can have an "artistic height"
Same thing for fine arts

Infinite Jest is the worst pick here. It's a good book, but I can't even see the argument for it being the artistic highpoint of literature. Highpoint of literature for that decade, maybe, but c'mon. There's no way for this to not sound condescending, but have you read much classic literature?

I mean if it's your FAVORITE book that's a separate discussion and seems perfectly reasonable to me, but if you really think that's the artistic high point of the entire medium I don't really know what to say.

My Immortal
Angelic 2 the Core
Plan 9 from Outer Space
Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing

whats your favorite album my nig nog gollywog?

>Eraserhead
>Good
I thought the same thing when I was 13 bro

I know this is a debate for /vr/ but Ico was much better than Shadow of the Colossus

Blue velvet, my man

What is it that don't you enjoy about Eraserhead now that you're 14?

don't know what bottom right is, but ok computer is out of place next to infinite jest and the holy mountain, and the whole thing reeks of bait or a particularly lazy/generic avant-teen

It's edgy bullshit and used as a fashion accessory

25 btw

your life choices really didn't pan out well if you're still on Sup Forums at 25

i dont think holy mountain is even criterion and honestly almost none of the criterion shit ive seen really resonated with me, especially not like the holy mountain and el topo. Great music too

>all the Lynch being listed ITT
I wouldn't have batted an eye if it was just once or even twice but it's getting pathetic at this point. We get it, you want to appear cultured. You're not though. Watch more film.

the people that want to appear cultured are reaching a little deeper than lynch

Actually things are going pretty well
You think you're just gonna leave Sup Forums at a certain age or something?
Kek
>I did too

Jodorowsky and Kaufman are not deeper than Lynch

>you stop enjoying and respecting things once you also enjoy and respect other things

jodorowsky has as much cultural capital though which is what matters

advanced b8

literally not bait

Lynch is actually a top 5 filmmaker of mine. It's absolutely ridiculous though that of the like 8 people who've listed their highpoints he's there three times. It's clear what's to be assumed from this.

>all of them are American art
fuck you

but bioshock was terrible
gotta say yeah
planescape torment's gameplay is fucking worthless

honestly why does everyone still dickride SotC? that game is pretty good but given that it's just 16 bosses, half of them are not well designed

Holy fucking shit!

You are trolling, right!?

Are you 15, or something!?

How the fuck can somebody even think this!?

You are such a cliche you have become Reddit, despite trying hard not to be Reddit

>Radiohead
>American
baka senpai

Don't be jealous friend

only foster wallace is american

That he's well liked among Sup Forums posters?
There would be incentive to pretend to be cultured in this thread if everyone wasn't anonymous

or maybe its not a contest of who can be deeper than another rather than just convey ideas and moods through images and sound. I love jodo but im not gonna diss lynch, his movies are fun in a quentin tarantino kinda way. They might be to focused around characters and dialogue for my taste and overuse some kinds of shots but they throw in oddball humor and mindfuckery/twists enough to make it a fun movie at least for the first time you watch it. i mean just try watching something or listening without letting pretense ruin any chance of enjoyment, take it in and appreciate it for what it is.

Why are Europeans so fucking stupid?

No, The Holy Mountain was a drug-fueled hackfest, yet it still had a soundtrack better than OK Computer. Shadow of the Colossus is probably the only good choice, but video games aren't art.

>Infinite Justice

Maybe because they do it in real-life as well

>OK Computer
LOL

Dark souls did the SoC thing better if we're being honest here.

good bait desu

The Trial

Rock Bottom

Fanny och Alexander

Clash of Clans

I don't think it's that fair to assume any nefarious intent or inauthenticity in people's choice of Lynch. There's high chance he's just the extent to which many people have explored film, rather than it being a boast about how cultured they are -- maybe it literally IS just how cultured they are.

I also think it's possible to genuinely hold him to great heights despite deeper interest in film anyway. Also remember Twin Peaks has recently restarted, so he might be fresh in the minds of people thinking about directors and responding to the choice of great cinema

its actually moby dick, beethoven's 9th, seven samurai, and dark souls

ffy

there isnt such a thing as a best record ever or a best movie ever
fuck off please stop this shit

>cultured
more like "dark" and """complex"""

Looking for Alaska, Eminem- Recovery, Captain America: Civil War, and Rayman's Raving Rabbits 2

It's really good. People get contrarian about it because some people go too far with the praise. But it's a good book with interesting plot development and world building, interesting themes and a very consistent ending.
I finished it just a few days ago and enjoyed the whole ride.

Blood Meridian
Tim Buckley - Starsailor
The Shining
video games are not art, but if I have to pick its Bioshock

you have to be baiting to pick blood meridian as your book and then claim that video games arent art

>Non of the criterion stuff has resonated
Check out their collected Stan Brakhage works

Tago Mago is art music though :^)

ulysses
beethoven's sting quartet no. 14 in c# minor
a clockwork orange
>video games

>a clockwork orange

It's too bad threads like this are just an excuse for shitposting. A shame really, given the topics that could be discussed.

vertigo or apocalypse now are my other favorites

thanks, watching murder psalm now

>This is what Sup Forums thinks of classical
embarrassing

I know you're shitposting, but not complex? Really? What about Last year at Marienbad? It's the movie equivalent of free jazz in a way. The movie was too vague to mean anything specifically, but the cinematography and the lengths Resnais went to is something to be appreciated.

Currently reading it, very enjoyable so far and I hardly ever read. It's the equivalent of Grimes on /lit/ tho.

>Kek