What did they mean by this?

what did they mean by this?

Other urls found in this thread:

avclub.com/article/women-no-longer-funny-ghostbusters-sequel-looks-in-240911
avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>w-we don't have an agenda.. honest!

Why are people mad @ that site when it's the CRITICS you should be attacking?

They don't control how people rate shit.

Attacking the messenger bro, not cool.

How many of those reviewers of Ghostbusters mentioned the controversy or angry fans or 'girl power'? Discard those and average the ones that remain. There's your 'real' score.

Ones going to make a shit tone of money while the other has flopped badly.

Most of them. I think on top critics (which is what you should "trust" if you want to use RT as a metric) it's in the 50s with a 5.something rating. Which seems accurate from what others have said.

The shitty movie makes money while the actual decent movie flops.

It's a shit world we live in.

Thanks for reminding us OP.

>shitted on by critics
>makes in one weekend what the critics darling is struggling to do one month in

where did it all go so wrong?

1. Critics are out of step with popular culture

or

2. "Critics" are defending a gigantic pile of shit to virtue signal

>Hot girl in hot pants front and center of marketing

>Fat ugly old women in jump suits front and center of marketing

>Shameless pandering to man babies

>aggressive hostility towards man babies

critics don't know anything

Even funnier - It's holding up better than Batman Vs. Superman, Guardians Of The Galaxy and Captain America: Civil War

The drop is not happening fast or steep enough.

>wiig and mckinnon
>old and ugly

back the fuck off?

Worldwide box-office $836,303,693.

Okay, so old and not attractive.

>Edgy and cringe side by side
Aaaaaaaaah this is too much. Triggered. How may layers of irony does she operate under?

Just got back from seeing this.

7/10; it was predictable as all hell, didn't have enough of Leto's Joker for me to actually judge if he was doing a good job and seemed to shoehorn in and force humor where it didn't need to be (fucking normie test audiences).

The editing and pacing were unfocused, but the action scenes and effects were very competently done. The soundtrack was appropriate at times and very forced at others. Sound mixing in general was top notch though.

Smith was good, Robbie was good, Kinnamon was actually not bad and Davis was perfectly cast.

Katana was kawaii. Slipknot was true to the comics when he dies.

It focused too much on Deadshot and Harley though and not the rest of the Squad. I felt bad for El Diablo and liked when he went into his Aztec Fire God Mode though.

Jai Courtney and Cara Delevigne were the two best actors and I was mad I didn't get more Boomer. That role is perfect for him.

>mfw critics don't know the relationship between The Joker and Harley was one of the best parts of the film and is very faithful to the comics

this can't be real

>no bias here boss, please m-move along

>dat audience/critic score in the both of them

Rotten tomatoes is a fucking joke

>Iron Man 2
>72℅
This is the only one I don't get. A lot of the others are mediocre but it makes sense they'd have high scores due to lots of mild recommendations. But Iron Man 2 is a boring slog. The only attempt at character development was "I WANT MY BIRT" and Rourke had to come up with it himself. Lots of improv scenes thst are played like comedy but have no jokes. Janky plot where the bad guy is sitting in a warehouse 95℅ of the movie. It managed to make the Avengers tease boring by making it a bland dialogue scene in a diner. Yet 72℅ of critics would recommend people actively go out and see it?

This
The critics forget reguler people with jobs buy movie tickets

feminism is the cancer of the world

This person never watched the batman cartoons

David ayer is allways sending unsolicited dick pics especially when he done banging strippers and snorting coke and counting his money.

Is this shopped?

Critics confirmed for JUST

Did they ever call him The Joker in TDK? How is this an actual complaint? How the fuck can you be so ignorant of Harley Quinn and get paid to write a review criticising something so stupid?

Wow maybe I'll go see it after all

>the relationship between The Joker and Harley was one of the best parts of the film and is very faithful to the comics
I'm not that educated with Joker and Harley that much, but I was always under the impression that it was one sided as fuck.

Yeah, they did several times

>Suicide Squad is white
top.fucking.kek
wtf is going on here? the fucking movie has more minorities being heroes and in charge that all the fucking Marvel movies put together!

>The cook at work
>gets mad when you call him ese.
holy christ this is hilariously more racist than the usual Sup Forums post.

You were educated wrong. Harley is definitely clingy and obsessed with the Joker but he's always been in love with her. She did leave him when he was really fucked up towards her and she went off and fucked Poison Ivy for a while.

>becuase he's white he's not allowed to say certain words

What words am I not allowed to say? Who is not allowing me?

who is this empowered feminist wizard and why is she so upset?

They view it differently.Harley genuinely love him, while Joker "loves" her in the same way he loves his favorite plushie - by not caring about its feelings, but being very upset when it gets stolen by someone else.

avclub.com/article/women-no-longer-funny-ghostbusters-sequel-looks-in-240911

But there’s a glimmer of hope yet, as Sony execs say that merchandising and licensing deals like a planned Ghostbusters theme-park ride in Dubai could help the movie break even in the end. That is, unless people on the internet decide that theme parks in Dubai used to be great, but now they suck, for reasons that have nothing to do with the Ghostbusters theme of said ride, just that it isn’t as fun as it used to be.

Lol the absolute defeated tone of that """""article"""" Sooooo good.

Don't worry Ballbusters fans, they still might do a theme park ride in Dubai

DUBAI
U
B
A
I

There exists no bias against DC films within critic communities. There is no inherent sense of oneupmanship or lemmingism where critics pile onto a movie that certain "elite" Cali and NYC critics deem terrible. There is definitly no movement to denigrate Suicide Squad the same as BvS. There is definitly no discrepency in how SS has been criticized over social issues of race or gender in comparison to Dr. Strange (the lead writer literally called out "SJWs" in an interview and liberals ignored it).

There is definitly nothing going on

kek she seems upset

Consider the following

>none of the movies is good
>6.5 rating (passable) vs 4.7 (pretty much horrible)
>both audience scores indicate that the audiences did not like the movie
>both movies have a dedicated following that will support the movie no matter what

So, I suppose you just fail to realise that the % score deterrmines the range and width of positive reception, while the score average rating determines the quality.

It seems that a lot of critics, whether they are rt critics or not, have an agenda, but the entirety of them gives a good indication 99% of the time.

Well it is one sided in some comics. But as foolish as WB are, it would be a bad move to have them split up in their debut.

>>both audience scores indicate that the audiences did not like the movie
>71% fresh on 3.7/5 rating

Your mouse hat is showing

I didn't see Ghostbusters, but Suicide Squad is a steaming pile of shit. If you think it's anything better than mediocre, you're probably a comic book fanboy who will lap up any crap the studios throw at you.

I mean, get some standards for christ's sake. The direction, pacing, editing, and writing is objectively awful.

her on suicide squad:

>Fine, fanboys, you win—for now. Suicide Squad opened to a record-breaking $131.5 million at the domestic box office, besting the previous record-holder for biggest August opening weekend of all time, Guardians Of The Galaxy, by more than $40 million. What’s more, the film received an average B+ CinemaScore from viewers overall and an A- from female viewers, confusing the hell out of publications (like The A.V. Club) that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays about how gross it is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spends most of the movie in spangled short-shorts and a jacket that says “Property of the Joker” on the back.

avclub.com/article/weekend-box-office-suicide-hotline-bling-240763

Your stupidity is showing.

Over half of these votes (around 50k if I recall correctly), were cast before the movies was out ("I want to see this movie" was on 99%).
This is why any audience score below 80% indicates the movie was not well received. Fucking Bayformers have better audience scores.

Suicide Squad is sexist and you are a misogynistic man child if you liked it.

>confusing the hell out of publications (like The A.V. Club) that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays
women didn't actually enjoy the movie, they've just been tricked by the patriarchy into thinking they liked it.

Is Suicide Squad the "our guy" of film?

it would have...
if the film wasn't pretty shit

Its a fun flick with weak setpieces and choppy editing

Not a sexist racist trash abomination of cinema

I'm going with door number two Wayne.

Mfw

Bump

that same bitch now wrote a damage control article because a dcuck meanie call her a cunt for it

fun flick =/= good film

dungeons & dragons is one of my favorite films but it's complete shit

i agree with RLM that the film probably was a LOT better before it got fucked around with by studio heads

you can enjoy it all you want, but if you say it's a good movie you're fooling yourself

however, the fact it's making a lot of money is a big help to the cause of 'social justice' and 'feminism' in movies, no doubt.

You know RT can select critics that are allowed to post reviews on their site and ban those who are unreliable? They banned Armond White some time ago.

It was a stupid clickbait article tho.

Suicide Squad and Ghostbusters really do reflect the 2016 elections quite accurately.

Its a good movie with good characters that you want to see more of

>i agree with RLM

Nevermind ill stop replying to you

>it's a good movie
kill your family, then yourself

>that spent the last week furiously pounding out essays about how gross it is that Margot Robbie’s Harley Quinn spends most of the movie in spangled short-shorts and a jacket that says “Property of the Joker” on the back.

No corruption here guise, critics are unbiased as fuckity fuck!!

Of course, one of the last thing Batman says is "but the Joker cannot win".

You missed the point.

RT knows true kino

>tfw the suicide squad twitter account officially endorses donald trump

Oh shit did mom freak?

>fun flick =/= good film
I think that's something that goes over a number of people in general. You can like a movie without the movie being good, just like you can dislike a movie despite thinking it's good. Although I guess that'd be a weird metric to use when rating and reviewing movies on a large scale

>tfw groupon graters ruined any hope of a sequel just because they hate women
where were you on the day key-lime slime died?

bad b8

>implying ghostbusters (2016) wasn't a good movie
everyone who says they didn't laugh didn't actually see it. it's not too late to go see it and discover just how wrong you are.

one piece of shit fails and another turd succeeds oh well. Itd be nice to actually get a couple movies that arent garbage this year. at least blood father looks neat

But it's not in theaters anymore?

still showing it where I am. if you're free this weekend you should definitely check it out, you won't be disappointed.

The SJWs who run Tumblr Tomatoes CHOOSE whose reviews they count.

But RT is owned by WB.

>They banned Armond White some time ago.
Seriously? What's their justification?

Oh wow a close up shot of the candidate talking during the national convention what a conspiracy! meanwhile clintons event is some shitty little townhall in iowa but the image is comparing it to a national convention. goddamn Sup Forumstards are so fucking pathetic and delusional its funny and scary at the same time

B-BUT MUH ES JAY DOUBLE YOU LIBERAL CONSPIRACY TRUMP 2016!!!

That means the critics are all literal paid jew faggots.

Why not just call it "key-slime"?

All the Thor Movies, Iron Man 2, and arguably AoU deserve rottens.

I dont get this either. Im a big fan of all the marvel movies and I think iron man 2 is one of the worst movies ever made. Its literally nothing happens the movie.

>"It doesnt matter the movie bombed we got the theme park ride in dubai"

>Suicide Squad with many DC fans who liked it me included
>26%
>Ghostbusters with hardly any fans and no one who even found a decent scene out of it
>74%

why don't you shill right off

Thank you for Correcting the Record.

>born too late to watch Ghostbusters (1984) in theaters
>born too early to watch Genderfluid Ghostbusters (2044) in IMAX VR
>born just in time to watch Ghostbusters (2016) which is certified fresh and by the way it's still in theaters guys you should definitely check it out if you haven't already seen it

>arguably

Come on now

RT BTFO'd

hope those faggots over at rt are crying themselves to sleep over this

suicide squad's success reminds me of the days when everyone would buy any piece of shit comic just because wolverine was on the cover.

So you're saying pandering to man babies means money and pandering to feminists means no money?
SHOCKER
H
O
C
K
E
R

They didn't list him for awhile because he switched publications. Now that he writes for the National Review he's punted again.

we did it goober gate! we finally became true kinoisseurs!