Hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you...

hey, Anonymous! welcome to the After-Hours Bar. Grab a stool and take your coat off, won’t you? Let’s see what we’ve got on tap tonight:

>Advice
>Conversation
>Happy Thoughts

thank you for stopping by, have a wonderful night, and please remember that you are loved.

Mornin'

Or Evenin'

*wraps her arms around you tightly* Appreciate it, sis.

Have a good day?

Time for the after hours thread!

I had some vodka & orange earlier.
Here to give advice, good evening anonymous.

hey sweetheart

How do you know if a girl likes you?

i'm here, but you also know where I am as well... so I'm a bit distracted.....

Yea, definitely seems to be trending positively for me

I assume you want a status report?

Ask her.

asking her seems to be a solid way to find out.
it sounds dumb, but starting off a potential relationship on open communication is a good idea.
no pressure

Following your lead. Busy day at work; had to stay over an hour. But otherwise, I'm well.

Only if there is anything worth reporting.

How do you know if a girl likes if without asking?

It's easier to ask, trust me. And besides, if you are both cool with eachother, as in, friends, it'll be easy. Just ask her out, go get some fries, share, chat, and ask her.

I love all of you anons
The world may hate us, but the bonds of Sup Forumsrotherhood keep us strong even under the harshest conditions.

Stay good my friends

well... at least it was just today then, right? I hope it improves.
find a way to get her to tell you without you asking.
I... don't know what you want me to say, user. you can't communicate an idea without it either being offered or asked for.

You got screwed huh!!

Thanks! Comments like this give me the heart to keep going.

I think there was. Not too sure if you would agree though.

I texted her yesterday, but she didn't reply till early today.

We had a lengthy conversation, and she seemed really interested in it. She went out of her way to further "research" something I mentioned, and rebooted the conversation after it fizzled. Also, she seemed open and told me exactly what her plan with the FDNY is.

Evenin' everybody

I'll be straight with ya OP, I got it bad for this girl I've been friends with for years. We worked together at several jobs. Been wanting to tell her that I have feelings for her, but not sure how she'll respond. I was her shoulder to cry on during her last two breakups, and let her sleep on my couch when her mom kicked her out for two months (they got into a pretty bad fight). We share a lot of the same interests, laugh at the same jokes, cry at the same movies, have long talks together after work sitting in my car. What should I do?
Pic related: It's her. Domonique, my lil 4'10" sweetheart

If you're asking for covert signs, then usually it's slight head-tilting when she's listening to you speak, fidgeting with her hair, plenty of eye contact, leaning slightly forward, feet pointed towards you, several instances of smiles and laughter/giggling, and non-defensive gestures.

A little more overtly? Is she striking up conversation with you? Perhaps suggesting making plans? When you sit together, does she choose to be in close proximity? There are several tells.

But as the others have said; the best way to find out is to ask. Why not take the risk?

>you can't communicate an idea without it either being offered or asked for.

IDK, your attitude and behaviour tells a lot.
I'll probs will eventually. Just not kinda sure how to.

I screwed myself over, isn't that what drinking is about anyway?

Waking up is hard...

wtf
no dude stay away
that bitch has "i will say yes out of pity but still fuck black dudes" alllllll over her face.
dont do it, conceal dont fuckin feel man

Funny thing is that I'm at the bar right now.

Agreed

A fitting place to hang around the after hours thread at.

love you too, bud. and thanks for the kitten picture, I love me some kittens

I've got my last final of the year tomorrow. I've had five already and basically gave up on it. I studied maybe 3 hours today and that's it. I somehow am both nervous and don't give a fuck anymore.

Actually, it's ramping up. Talking with my doctor about another surgery, my company is sending me to Seattle soon, and I have a presentation this Friday. So much going on, sis; I'll need you to transfer your multi-tasking skills to me.

Sounds great. I bet you're feeling a bit more confident.

Hey Rock *nods*

What are you having, user?

Because it's a gamble and I don't like gambling if I think I'll lose.

But she does seem to do most of those things. Maybe I'll make a move.

Do it, ask her out.
>but you're pussing out on this gi-
Do as I say, not as I do.

All I need is some implicit stuff to get my confidence stat boosted.

Hi 2B, how are you?

How's everybody doing? Sorry, it forgot to say that earlier.

Sis?

I'm sick a tired of being a virgin. I'm 20 and feel like I'm wasting my life by not going after girls while they're still in their prime. Im not that ugly, i try to put myself out there, i also try and dress decent too. I think my problem is first impressions, im pretty awkward around new people. I've been to third base with a few girls but never had intercourse. 2/3 were ugly as fuck and the third was a girl I was in love with but she didn't feel the same...she still hits me up sometimes, I dont talk to her anymore.

Give me a list of the fast food joints around your location.
I wake up at 6:30 am everyday, and sometimes I go to sleep at 2am, so, kinda.
Ask her?
Such is life, be confident, study a bit more and ace that bitch.

Yea. Definitely am. I was close to inviting her out for my bday shit, but still is a bit too early.

Still waiting until I can say that we are "official"
And that seems quite plausible even

how do I be happy with my life?

That sounds like something that you should try to stop.

I don't have money to ask her out to Carl's Junior+ she watches what she eats, so I doubt she'd be all up for it.

besidesialreadyhaveaplacesortof

ah... I really wish I could help. is the surgery the same kind of thing again? are we gonna be missing out on you for another week...?
get coffee and hang out or something, just as friends. see how it goes.
>I don't like coffee!
go to a nice pizza joint.

I'm drinking a nice Canadian Club on ice.

What about y'all?

I'll allow it, I guess.

You're my kind of guy, Pory. You take calculated risks. How about this: if you get shot down, we'll be here to mourn the defeat with you. Deal? Then I'll help you strategize to get the next one.

Not bad Rock, getting along just fine. How was work today? A bit better I hope? Not too back breaking?

Dating is one of those statistical things. Much like getting a job, you just have to keep submitting your application out there. And you'll get shot down a good 80% of the time, make no mistake. But don't take it to heart; you just move on to the next one.

If you're awkward, take heart in knowing that there are several girls out there who find such traits endearing. Now, how will you find such women? By staying on prowl. Don't get discouraged, user.

>something that makes me come alive
That sounds really tough, any advice on that?

I've done everything I want to do so far, I have some crazy life experiences, ive done and seen some cool ass shit in the past few years. And I already play an Instrument. I'm going to continue to stress about it.

Hire a cute prostite.
I still get in time to work and I don't fall asleep, I can just buy a coffe if I think I slept too little.
You don't think about it, the less you do the happier you'll be.
Ask her out for some frozen yoghurt?

hello

I have morals and i want ti work for my first time... Or have at least be with a girl thats into me. if I become more desperate then I'll consider it.

Yeah, I think I'll study for one more hour then call it a night. I didn't study at all for the midterm (again because I was swamped with other exams) and ended up with an A, so we shall see how this goes tomorrow.

color me jealous. I've got water.
hey... vague question, but would a car randomly stop accelerating for any reason? I'm thinking they just bumped the shifter out of place, but it freaked them out.
it's just something that you can pour yourself into. I know people who can do it over how guitar pedals are wired up, or how parallax scrolling worked in SNES games, or model plastic horses.
you know how sometimes, you talk to someone, and you can tell they're so passionate and it makes them just light up? try and find that subject for you.
that's up to you, then. I'd suggest trying to focus less on the societal compulsion to lose your virginity, mostly.
hey user

>the less you do the happier you'll be
I've been trying that for quite some time now and I want things to change, but I really don't know where or how to start

Just saw what you said your doctor told you, I hope you'll be okay.

Work was good today, it went smoothly. I feel myself getting a little stronger but I'm still tired.

I'm also in a bit of a lonely mood.

let me eat you out

>coffee
I'm more of a Tea man tbh. but the place does serve coffee.
You better be ready to mourn hard. I'll make a playlist for mourning and everything, full of sad nirvana songs because she likes nirvana. And a super feel good one if she says yes, of course.
Froyo is legit. I might do that. just gotta figure out her favourite froyo flavor.

Its not society. Its the fact that I need new experiences in my life. I want to be intimate with a female, I want to know what's it like to have girl really into me, I want to be able to have my way with a girl and have her be into it, I just want to fuck plain and simple.

forgot to post a pory

also running out of pory

When is your birthday again? I don't recall you mentioning a specific date.

I'm waiting on that day as well. Fingers crossed for you, EMT.

Thank you very much for the sweet sentiment, but I've got this *smiles and waves her hand* And yes, this time it is for the other eye. Most likely I'll be out for another two weeks. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't dreading it.

*salutes* Evening.

hey what's this thread about

what I want is people who can actually understand what I pour myself into. I have had friends before but not one has cared about the things I do as much as I do, and I feel like that's numbed me to enjoying those things as much

enough with that army bull shit let me fuck you

Hi Jill!
I almost missed you!
How bout a nice black coffee?

Mantis

5/17

So Exactly 3 weeks from today (The get together is that weekend.)

And yea, thanks. I do believe that it may happening soonish. Like Possibly over the Summer

Hello babe~
Sounds like a plan, I hope you get a good grade!
That's silly, just do it user, it's not such a big deal, and if you keep going after those false ideals you will actually end up being a wizard!
Get yourself busy, with your job if you have one, responsability, silly stuff like horoscope, stuff that old people do, you know?
Ask her out, let her pick it, dummy.
Friendly enviroment for anons in need. (Shitposters as well sometimes)

About 2 hours or so. Have a seat, and relax awhile.

Mantis

>implying there's places that sell froyo here

Gotta buy it particularly.

nah.
tea's good as well! I just say coffee because it's the easy "let's just have a relaxed hang out"
I... guess I can understand that, then. still, don't stress about dating or finding someone, because it'll make you act more anxious around other people to begin with.
I mean, you can always find people somewhere! you just gotta find people willing to listen and learn. you think I actually gave a shit about any of those examples until people started explaining it all? now it's all so neat to me.
what are you into, then?
coming right up

*smiles sadly* Thank you, Rock. I'm dreading the down-time that follows more than the surgery to be honest. Aside from being forced away from work and research, I'll be forced away from you all.

Why the lonely mood though? Is it just one of those days?

I'm going to hold you to that.

Warm conversation and, if needed, advice and encouragement. I find it relaxing after a day of work.

I'm afraid I'm not that type of android. Might I suggest another member of the community who you would be more compatible with?

give me a tall glass of pure karmotrine

Hm... I'd ask Mako, she's more knowledgeable about the mechanical side of things. I can imagine it happening if there's something up with the engine, but I don't know

hmm
sounds nice.
I've been having a stressful day; gotta decide whether to go to college or university by tomorrow. :c

Aren't they the same thing?
THE POINT IS, JUST ASK HER OUT AND ASK IF SHE LIKES YOU.

Chek'd

Halloo 2b!!

Mantis

*clutches her chest and sighs softly* A summer romance? Could there be anything more perfect? I was cheering for you, but now I am an absolute rabid fangirl.

Planning on giving her two weeks advanced notice? Good call on waiting.

How are the trains running, Mantis?

That seems like a no-brainer to me. University, of course. Where is the hesitation coming from?

ah... I forgot to reply to this one, sis. you able to do anything when you're recovering? do you listen to stuff or anything?
coming right up!
I'll ask her if I see her around later, and I'll try and verify the information from them. I can't... remember if it made a noise or not.

everything I'm into I eventually fade away from because nobody gives a shit about it
But right now futurefunk, JoJo (manga), and Sup Forums related things
And about finding people that listen, I've always had trouble with that. For some stupid fucking reason, even if I don't like the person, I'll act the right way to get them to like me and always end up with fake friends. If I don't do that I realize that I'm a boring nothing piece of shit, so it's really hard to find people.

Eh, I'll bug her for you if you want. I have a habit of bugging her about stuff anyway.

Vodka

Not in Canada; university is more generalized and usually higher education.
2 years of education versus 4, and living on campus as opposed to renting an apartment and living with others. I don't like other people.

Notes from today.
>BMW 328s require an 8mm allen key to disassemble the brake caliper
>4runner wheels are fucking heavy
>fuck fiat
>manual crosstreks have weird gearboxes

yeah but how do I ask THE question

this is my last pory switching to celebi now

Running well 2b.
My car however has bad clutch pedal linkage. Sometimes its down near the floor, sometimes it pops up really high.
Gonna have to check it out tomorrow, because I work tonite.

Mantis

I just started getting into futurefunk today, finished a macross album like 5 minutes ago
been meaning to read jojo as well, caught up with the anime but only read to right before DIOs world

You reading in color or b&w?

nah, don't worry. I'll ask her later

color when I can but the site I was reading on didn't have all the color ones translated, which was pretty jarring
its also been a fat minute since I was reading so there may be more now

I may just be acting a tad optimistic when I say over the summer, but she seems to kinda be coming around to that idea.
Would be nice. Especially if I borrow my Grand Fathers F-Type. Would be so nice. Driving out east with her, just for a nice day away from the City basically

And Yea, 2-3 weeks notice. She is very busy, so i want to try getting it in early enough that she might be able to get time off from EMT shit for the night

"Hey, do you like me? As in, more than friends?" If she says yes, say you have feelings for her too, if she says no, just say "Oh well" and carry on with a different subject, don't give another response, ok?

Damn, I'm honestly sorry that's happening to you. To be away from the things and people you love. I hope you're not in pain.

Kinda, I mostly feel lonely since i dont really have irl friends, it gets to me. I'm not very good at reaching out either.

You should finish part 3 and start reading 4 asap. I got through it in 2 days, it's better than all the other parts (that I've read) so far

Absolutely nothing that involves seeing. Essentially blind for 2 weeks. Tactical visor on at all times. Except it's white. And it's a bandage and not a visor.

And I have a good supply of audiobooks to keep my company. I might also tear into those podcasts you recommended a while back. I could use a playlist though, of music. I was thinking of asking you all for some of your favorite tracks.

2 years for associates, 4 for Bachelors. Surely you're going for your Bachelors?

Checked.

And your problem sounds like a puzzle Mako would enjoy solving..

sounds like a plan i'll carry out one day.

Thanks yall!

-the one spic from the discord. The other one.

Don't do this, don't ask "Do you like me"
Ask if she wants to go somewhere, be specific, for example, "Do you want to get coffe with me", with confidence, no anime head scratch. She'll say yes or no, as she'll definiteley know you mean a date, and she'll be more open to it as it feels more natural and less rushed.

I probably over the summer, been wanting to for a while now but pretty busy with uni. pt4 was pretty great animated but my friend whos read up to like part 8 said they cut a lot of stuff

ah... I'll try and piece something together in the coming days for you, okay? just give me a hint towards things you like.

yo amma make you THE playlist, just tell me what you like to hear and I'll make it for ya.

also I'll make your follow my own on spotify.

Cut a lot of stuff when?

I dunno..
this sounds cringey but I'm either doing 4 years for a bachelor in compsci or 2 years for a diploma for game development.

Is Mako good with cars?

Mantis