When you originally saw TDKR in the cinema, did anyone besides you laugh at the plane scene?

When you originally saw TDKR in the cinema, did anyone besides you laugh at the plane scene?

>at friend's house
>he wants to watch TDKR
>agree because I want him to understand my memes
>plane scene starts
>can't keep the grin off my face
>laugh as soon as CIA's on screen
>friend looks at me uncomfortably
>shout out all of my favourite quotes as they come up
>"LOTTA LOYALTY FOR A HIRED GUN"
>friend is visibly frustrated
>wait eagerly in anticipation for the big moment
>you're a big guy
>I'm in literal tears
>for you
>lean on my friend for support because my fits of laughter prevent me from sitting up properly
>"did you catch that? what did he mean by that? Does he mean it would be extremely painful for you, or that he's a big guy for you? It's not clear"
>user I think you need to leave
>haven't spoken to him since

Who was in the wrong here?

I don't know man

Some lunatic started shooting at the audience and we had to leave early

kek

when i first saw TDKR i didn't even notice how awful the opening scene was until it became a meme

clearly you.

I watched it with my dad, I was trying so hard not to laugh hysterically, he was confused, when CIA said Bane was a big guy, to which Bane replied that he was for him, my dad started laughing out loud. I think he gets it.

>Does he mean it would be extremely painful for you
I've never considered that. Now it finally all makes sense. Thank you.

The entire theater burst out laughing at "for you". It's just so... oddly spoken and awkwardly placed.

Nah, I thought it was epic. It wasn't until the memes I realised how ridiculous it is.

I love this scene
Half the reason is the memes
The other half is because it's fucking cool how they actually crash the plane

>they actually crash the plane

how many survivors?

None of you laughed until Sup Forums brought attention to it.
The only line that felt 'off' was the "for you" one.

Zero point zero.

None

I can't watch this movie without bursting into laughter an the weirdest times. It almost as bad as watching american psycho.
memes, memes, memes, weird transition, memes, boring and awfully written dialog, more memes, del fin

It's okay to laugh at American Psycho, it's satire.

DR. PAVEL

Well yes problem is, i start laughing when everybody else is dead quiet.

Noshur Viverse

I don't even fucking remember it until I came on Sup Forums one day and didnt even recognize what movie it was from

Just tell them you were thinking about what Ed Gein said about women

I got there late and came in right after the scene. For the longest time I thought that this was some rough cut scene cut from TDKR that everyone was just shitposting

Signs of autism

I dread the next time I have to watch that movie with friends. There's absolutely no way I can keep a straight face during the plane scene, every line CIA says is a laugh hazard.

I can't even remember which I saw first - the memes or the film. I still have trouble believing this is from 'Batman'.

I had an extremely hard time telling what was going on and was left confused.

>every line CIA says
He won't have to say anything as you probably won't make it past the transition between goons in the jeep, to CIA in powerstance, without giggling like a retard.

BANE?

>A lotta loyalty for Ahayer D'gunn.

Who was this D'gunn character? I don't remember him in the movie.

Are you really this stupid?
That's the name of who he was talking to
he's saying that he's surprised Ahayer D'gunn could be that loyal, because he has a notable reputation of disloyalty

I actually thought the plane scene was good when i first saw the movie.

then Sup Forums told me it was meme worthy and so it was

>seing TDKR in cinema

Oh. I thought it might be Bane's birth name or something. Thanks for the info.

nope, but i thought entire fucking movie was cringy

Dr. Pavel, I'm shy

Bane? ....Bane...? Hello?

I was fucking dying by the end of the movie, on the first watch, in the theater, midnight showing. The Batman statue was the last straw.

some large fellow perhaps?

I saw tdkr at the cinema
I had literally been waiting 4 years for it.
I remember sitting in the theatre so goddamn hyped it was unreal. And every scene I kept thinking to myself 'that was... an odd choice'
But then I laughed it off when the music came in all dramatic and the action started up
And I was like, yeah, fucking epic

Then I finally rewatched it like 6 months later after wondering if I was lying to myself and it was a crushing disappointment
This was before Baneposting was Sup Forums's hottest meme (I actually first discovered baneposting through /fit/, haha good times)
But yeah, without nostalgia goggles I don't know how anyone can defend this film

Why do white people make shit up that didn't happen?

you know you didn't laugh at this scene when you first saw it.

Do people actually do that?
Laugh audibly in the kino experience centre thus ruining others time for inner thoughts while they absorb the motion artistry?

None.

Didn't laugh. At the time I didn't think it was at all that different to the opening action scene in TDK.

The scene isn't inherently funny, or so awkward it is funny. You find it funny, and laugh, because it is a meme. Out of all the things in TDKR the opening scene isn't actually that terrible and it's amazing how this meme is still going on for so many years.

no one, i saw the movie during daytime by myself with maybe 3-4 people in the theater

Ahh, the patrician way to viddy kino

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong board, the plane scene is two blocks down

>The flight plan I just filed with the agency lists Smee, Maimen, Dr. Pavel here but only Juan Ovyu

What did he mean by this?

That's not what he said, user
"but only Juan Ovyu" would contradict the first half of his sentence

He says that his flight plan only lists One Ovyu. There were multiple hired mercenaries from the Ovyu family on that plane

who?

BABE?

What's a better philosophical guide/way of life:

The Flight Plan or The Master Plan?

what the fuck am i watching

Seriously, why did Bane wear the mask? I've seen the movie only once when it came out and don't remember.

A plane crash with survivors.

source?

wtf I hate Bane now

Breathable pain killer. He suffered some injury while in the prison, because the other inmates beat him up when talia escaped. Don't know why they would beat him up though

I genuinely started laughing as soon I heard Bane's voice and had no doubts at all over whether it was a shit movie or not.

It scares me that there are people on this board who thought differently.

everyone was still freaked out by the shooting (saw it the next day). and at the time neither I, nor anyone else I knew at the time, realized how bizarre the plane crash scene was.

WHY? really? Wouldnt you be mad the only cunny leaves the your prisoni would be mad

The only thing i remember from this movie is this scene

I was asking myself 'what did he mean by this?'

No didn't laugh at all, just weird for introduced bane. But rewatching it on tv loled because i remembered Sup Forums maymay. I even remembered every catchphrase.

I think this whole meme is actually autism incarnate. I'm not even saying it in a negative way, but this whole thing about obsessing over one scene and getting way too into it just seems symptomatic of Aspergers. I mean I personally crack up whenever someone says the words "big", "for you", "survivors", etc... but I'd be lying if I said there wasn't at least a chance that I'm on the spectrum.

Its funny because we overuse it and try to force the meme everywhere

this is nice thread

I saw it before I knew about all the meme stuff here. When I saw it in theatres though, I thought the plane scene was unremarkable except for when Bane said "for you". I found it a bit odd and raised an eyebrow... but a few other people in the theatre also reacted oddly to the dialogue.

I literally couldn't understand a thing bane said because the sound mixing was so bad.

You forced him too hard. He was just a casual. You were wrong.

I never actually bothered watching it until I saw all the jokes about it on Sup Forums. Then when I watched the original plane scene I legit thought it was an edit.

It just seemed so absurd and out of place. I don't get how people watched it and didn't find it weird. The whole non-sensical plan, Bane's voice, the "Masketta" and "Aye" etc.

>late for movie about five minutes
>my friend said "You missed a good scene, user."
>laughed hothead and his chief while there are no memes.
>see Bane's death
>fuckthisshit.jpg
>2 years later
>I even forgot the movie
>my friend sends me memes about CIA
>I couldn't understand and watched the first scene.
>can't stop baneposting since.

So why did everybody cheer on Bruce then? Bane was just trying to prevent a kid from growing up in that hell hole. Beating him up was just a dick move.
If they wanted to get out so bad they were free to try

it's unique in that people got shot up in the cinema during this scene, they died, and a meme was born

I watched in cinema and I really liked the airplane intro actually. I thought it was a very well made action scene.
But after that the movie goes downhill.
At the point where the entire police force went in the sewers I wanted to leave the theater.

I thought they got shot during the scene where bane robs the stock exchange and batman shows up

I introduced my dad to baneposting and now he laughs through the whole thing

He also likes the hothead scene too

Awkward movie watching experiences?

>friend wants to watch something
>let him choose because I'm not autistic
>he selects something off my hd
>it's from my flick folder
>fire it up at 4x speed as per the rules
>sit at the computer while he's on the couch
>make sure I pause constantly to grab all the best reaction faces
>after a particularly memeworthy scene fire up a pepe thread on Sup Forums to dissect it while it plays in the background
>panic for a moment thinking I've left my piss bottles out in the open
>turn my head to see I've carefully hidden them under a my little pony pillow case
>return to watching the flick
>get distracted and start fapping to a trap thread
>squeeze too tight to allow any pleasure to ever be derived from actual sexual intercourse
>forty years pass
>begin to sob uncontrollably due to debilitating loneliness
>call up my friend using futuristic vr technology
>can see he's having a huge party
>hasn't aged a day due to expensive beauty treatments
>tells me he has to go
>I catch a glimpse of myself in the holo mirror
>I look so very very tired
>fire up r/tv
>pull my pants down to allow the vacbot to suck a freshly brewed turd from my ass
>spy a bane thread and chuckle heartily to myself

underrated doubs

Needs some work buddy

im permabanned tripfag planecrasher4u. i first started baneposting when i was about 18. by 20 i got really obsessed with the concept of "bane" and tried to channel it constantly, until my thought process got really bizarre and i would repeat things like "dr pavel I'm cia" "big guy for you" and "crashing this plane with no survivors" in my head for hours, and i would get really paranoid, start seeing big guys in the corners of my eyes etc, basically prodromal schizophrenia. im now on antipsychotics. i always wondered what the kind of "meme" style of baneposting was all about; i think it's the unconscious leaking in to the conscious, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal syptoms. i would advise all people who "get" baneposting to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

My mom was baneposting before I started, my dad and I saw it in theatres with her and she laughed a little whenever Bane spoke, then she began copying his lines and laughing when we got back.

saved

So when that happened, did anybody aside from you laugh?

My friends did the same thing actually, we kept repeating our own "when X is in ashes, you have my permission to Y" eg X = onions Y = cry and so forth

Uhh you don't get to bring friends when watching TDKR

>close image
>thumbnail says "Me?"

I was prepared for memes not these feels

bane?

Why was CIA so obsessed with the mask? He could have asked the guy he was about to shoot and then throw out of the plane literally everything about Bane, what his plans are, where he's hiding etc. and he chose to ask about the mask.

Literally why?

I can't even think about the scene without losing my sides.

We weren't laughing, we were in awe. I actually stood up and shouted for them to stop the movie and rewind so we could analyze it.

We didn't see past the opening scene that night.

So why haven't you kys friend?

I have literally never seem this movie after this scene. As far as I'm concerned it ends after the plane crash.

No because no one had any idea what kind of shitshow we were in for.

I remember having first seen it. I actually went immediatly to this board and said I was disappointed. Got a lot of replies that denied it and said it was the greatest thing ever.

How the time changes.