I'm a Muslim student living in the USA. Raised my whole life in middle east in a progressive, multilingual household...

I'm a Muslim student living in the USA. Raised my whole life in middle east in a progressive, multilingual household. AMA

your thoughts on sharia, and the zealous terrorists known as isis?

Where do you get you halal food?

ketchup or mustard?

How do you feel when people hate you for no reason, for literally nothing youve done or would ever want to do?

Why the fuck if you are educated and progressive would you want to go to murica?

cancerous school of thought that's slowly but very surely dying out. At least especially for us shiite muslims. Huuge influx of progressive thinking seen in teenagers of Iran for example. ISIS is ISIS. Everybody hates them. My kind of people have been targeted just as much if not more than Americans. So you can grasp the amount of hate we have for them.

Usually very widely available. Buying halal food at supermarkets is usually easy enough. Cooking isn't my strong suit, but I'm not that bad lol

depends what I'm eating. for the most part, i prefer ketchup

sounds legit, welcome to america

what do you think of our country so far?

I usually don't get recognized for being Arab. I picked up an American accent despite attending a British system school. But to answer your question more clearly, I understand the hate Muslims get because of a small portion giving us a bad name, but it's also sad that people don't take into account that I'm just as normal as they are trying to live an ordinary life.

Mainly education and climate changes. Climate because I wanted to be somewhere more green and that isn't boiling hot 9 months a year. Education because there's better opportunities for engineering and research options.

>triggered

it happens everytime we get an influx of immigrants, time will pass and you will assimilate and we will gain from your culture

Italians for example were distrusted and what's more american than frank sinatra?

I've been here for 2 quarters so far (6 months). It's hard being separated from family and having to start from step 1 to make friends etc. But altogether it's been really pleasant and I've really enjoyed the experience

im glad to hear that, hope you enjoy your stay

We call it the 'halal creep' in London. More and more places advertise as being halal as it becomes normalised

Not triggered im just shocked that any muslim would want to go to murica at this point given current climate in the country. Thats kinda like a lobster wanting to go to a pot of boiling water

One of the first people I was friends with here gave me dirty looks because I wore "Arab and proud" shirts to classes. One day he saw me watching an overwatch stream and started talking to me and we became acquaintances.

>every american is a racist
please don't fall for memes, most people don't give a shit

exposure is the best remedy for distrust

lol yeah people are much more chill than I first anticipated (because of political scene at the time). Once I got to know people more and be able to analyze their way of thinking, I got to know their intentions and was positively surprised

Which State?

cali

>"Arab and proud"
And you still wonder why people are biased against you....

Because I'm proud of my progressive upbringing and my family?
That's rich coming from someone who preaches freedom of speech...