Now that the clay has settled, what did we think of this?

Now that the clay has settled, what did we think of this?

I put it on for my gf and I. We were bored and started fucking shortly after she arrived at the house. We finished when the credits rolled. Can someone explain what happened to me?

I think they marketed it wrong, as a straight horror/slasher. They should marketed it as a gothic romance, like the twilight movies but hardcore.

i was thinking about watching this like 2 days ago but saw the genre-romance,and thought it would be some girly,gay shit..Is it worth watching once?

Pretty decent movie. Visually incredible, plot and characters were serviceable.

>Can someone explain what happened to me?

Yes, you invented an imaginary girlfriend because of loneliness.

kek. Believe what you want senpai. What happened?

>clay has settled
>clay
how am i supposed to take this thread seriously

its not girly gay shit, its gothic

Ultimately it fails to get me involved because while the film is a perfect capsule of Del Toro's influences and aesthetics - his style and interests, the biggest of them all is missing out, the final punch - he changed the monsters to ugly/tragic humanity (ooooh the monsters inside us) and that just doesn't work in this film for some reason

The melodrama in it lacks something. Maybe the actors didn't convince me, maybe the falling in love in the film happens too fast, I don't know.

When I saw it in theatres everyone else were couples
some beta even brought flowers for his girl
fucking sad as
instead of simply saying dust I make a callback anyone who has seen it will get the joke

You fucked a sofa for an hour and blacked out, your mom shouted at you for jizzing on her cushions.

Maybe Del Toro tried to branch out in the film, to search ugliness in the love between two humans but while he can craft a scary fantasy and scary horror involving monsters he couldn't do it this time with just humans.

I certainly hope to see the same visual aesthetics in his future films, he has evolved since Pacific Rim a lot as a director IMO.

Also loved in Pacific Rim how the two main characters weren't love partners, just friends.

the pacing is slower because films today move so fast through their plot points and have so much action packed in
this is more like a movie made 30+ years ago

The film had lots of great plays with colors and shadows.

I'm saying it goes too fast for me to be really believable, it tries for the big emotions and big melodrama but I can't buy into it.

Just kidding user, I had a gf too. Once. ._.

Basically Loki and his sister were fucking each other, and he marries rich women from around the world and murders them for the cash.
The ghosts are actually dead spouses trying to warn the girl. Loki turns good at the end and tries to protect the girl but he gets killed, and in the end his ghost saves the day

>brother and sister had sex
>so evil
>had baby
>it was a mutated mess
It was meh.

interesting. I don't know what it is, but Del Toro doesn't do it for me. I know the look he's going for, but it doesn't work. Hellboy looked great though.

>evolved since pacific rim
>it was his first film after it
wut

The thing he did learn is compromise on budgets
He had to scale the production right down to 55 million dollars and with that modest budget he could go R

He refused to back down on Mountains of Madness having a 100+ million dollar budget - which the studio would only allow for a PG-13 movie
And so that got kyboshed

Hellboy? That first Hellboy? It looked rough as fuck. Hell man, all the work he has done after it improves upon it.

I haven't seen it in years, but I liked the steampunk aesthetic.

my sister recommended this to me. it was shit.

>And you know what else? The women... the women preferred the traditional monsters.
>The pure horror, it both repels, and attracts them, because in their collective unconsiousness, they have the agony of childbirth. The blood. The blood is horror.
>Take my word for it. If you want to make out with a young lady, take her to see "Dracula".

Yes, are you saying he can't change in the two years as a director? He has been thinking of what to do and what to not do, and been involved in multiple projects after PR, he has seen other films and lived life after PR, and changed.

I'd get if you name Hellboy 2, but it's rare to see people like HB the most. I should rewatch it myself.

>tfw no Hellboy 3

the sister murdered them, he had no idea what was going on she lied to him

Yeah, I always preferred 1 desu.

Really liked it, loved the viauals. Can you believe they persued Emma Watson and Benedict Cucumber for the leads initially? Talk about dodging a fucking bullet, just the thought of these two almost ruins the movie for me.

My and my wife's son hated it, truly a dumb mobie.

That's hardcore man.

I don't even like Wasikowska that much or Tom but Watson+Cucumber would've been down right terrible.

Basically the age of fat bearded nerds heading up big entertainment media tailored for other fat bearded nerds is at an end.

it wasn't Emma Watson, it was Emma Stone.