I want to play a video game. What's a good video game? I don't want to play no shit video game

I want to play a video game. What's a good video game? I don't want to play no shit video game.
no FPS please and thank you

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg
benchmark.unigine.com/valley
crawl.berotato.org:8080/#lobby
pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703254
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What's your Video card?

Ghosts and goblins on mame

GeForce GTX 970
8 gig DDR4 RAM
i3 6100

Path of Exile

I think you are CPU limited with i3

subtle, troll

there's nothing weird about my parts. i was just listing off what cpu-z showed

It's still a solid system. Most games aren't really CPU heavy. That's a marketing meme.

M8 his rig can run every game on the market just fine.

My CPU isn't that much better than his and I've never seen a game use more than 25-30%.

Multiplayer games are CPU dependent

FF 14
Gemcraft Chasing shadows (Its a tower defence)
Terraria

Dude btw really try Path of Exile. I have thousands of hours in it and it's still fun.

Also it's free2play (no pay 2 win), so you can just check it out. I'd recommend to buy some stash tabs if you really like it, because they make inventory management much more convenient.

Nope

>don't want to play no shit video game
>no FPS please

chose one.

Mount and blade is a cheap game that'll run well and is very replayable with how many and how easy mods can be installed. I love all total war games as well

What's your rating in valley benchmark ?

no matter how hard I try this game keeps looking like a shitty, much easier version of diablo without any of the actual character building. I mean, c'mon, passive skills my ass.

M&b warband, I have over 500 hours docked in it, never gets boring. You can play the game anyway you want

Super Mario 64

No idea. I haven't used benchmarks for like a decade since they're pointless.

Risk of Rain

Guildwars2

That shit almost eclusively uses cpu and actually goes out of ist way to not use hardware acceleration.

Arkham Asylum is pretty good imho

All I have to say is...
Trips of Truth
get gud

Osrs

Yes you liar

Nuclear throne is good

Dude it's way better than Diablo. People have been calling it the true successor to Diablo 2 LoD for years.

>passive skills my ass

They're only a part of the character customization. Most of it comes from combining the skill gems and there's also the Ascendancy
now.

Plus the trailer for PoE 3.0 hints at claiming powers from gods by killing them.

youtube.com/watch?v=YFAPw_F3jyg

Stonehearth, Oxygen Not Included, Astroneer, Life is Feudal Your Own, Emprion Galactic Survival, Planetary Annihilation Titans

Guys the guy is asking for Games, not sone nerd hardware circle jerk over gear and what he should be using to be more like you. Post games.

Fallout2
Alone in tve Dark2
The witcher3
Gothic
Syberia
The Dead Reefs

>get gud
I'm done with e-peen competitions that have no relation to real world use. That ended like 10 years ago for me kek.

Nope.

Such an underrated game. The new one is probably going to blow up

Burnout 2

Yeah, I know about the gems dude. Played something like 3 characters up to lvl 40+ but still find the customization really flat and straightforward (you basically can't build a meelee only character, because you have to use skills that affect the area all the time).

red alert 2
diablo 2 LoD

Sure you can. Pic is one of my chars

Tales of Maj'eyal. tough to master but super fun

PoE guy here. I can recommend this. Don't get fooled by the graphics. It's a pretty solid game.

Be aware that this game has permadeath. I you die, it's really game over.
You can avoid this by making backups of your character's files. It's frowned upon by roguelike players, but I don't want to lose hours and hourse of game time.

What games will make me cringe at references to memes?

Borderlands for sure

Try out Gothic

>9gag memes
>pepe

hmm this looks interesting

Nice videocard but you need a new processor. Have you ever tried the total war games? Similar to Starcraft but they are turn based.

He doesn't need a new CPU m8.
Those extra 2-3 fps aren't worth it.

Single player games, yes. But eventually, with the new games coming out, he will need one.

that took a while

I personally have a evga geforce gtx 950 which is great, but i wish i got the 970. I have an AMD-8320 eight-core processor and with the new games that have just come out i can no longer play Ultra anymore.

What is this? A program to test your FPS? Free download?

it's what he said, I googled valley benchmark, found it, torrented it, installed, ran, set to "extreme hd" setting, and clicked "benchmark" in the top left. It gave me a score at the end that saved as a .html so I opened it, and screenshotted it.
took for fucking ever

I loathe their skill tree. Leveling up to get more skills should feel like a reward, but where most of these "rewards" are the disappointments of skills you don't want as you slowly inch your way over to the skills you do want, well, who thunk that shit up?

recently sega released a pretty good port of Bayonetta on pc. Also NieR: Automata

This the site you downloaded it from? benchmark.unigine.com/valley

Yeah that one

What is it with this "multiplayer games need a strong CPU" meme in this thread?

Is this some kind of new marketing scheme that people have fallen for? This is bullshit m8s.

Same CPU here. You're not CPU limited.

Open up Task manager while a game is running and you'll probably see about 30% usage max.

Developers are now making it so if some user with a rig from 2010 tries to play a game from 2017, and it doesn't work, it'll get a boost from the other players computers.

No MNS sky
Best game ever made

You mean the skill gems you get from quests?

That's only limiting until you have them in your stash anyway. When I started playing, you nearly got none from quests and had to hope for random drops. Now you can even buy them from vendors after a while of playing.

yes! most fun i've had on a 2d game

Where are you from? PoE used to fry my hardware. But I want to try again just as a "singleplayer" to look at all the pretty game design. Bothers me a bit though that there isn't really a big story to reel you in, I'm too old to actually just grind all day.

Best game I have played in my life and I still re-install and play through it every couple of years.

It's nice but 3hard5me. I'm 33 and not used to that level of action anymore. I can't even reach the third stage most of the time.

Still fun game, especially with local co-op.

fable
1.4 gigs, easy as sin, fun magic to play around with. boost your archery with multi arrow, give yourself melee options with a spell that rushes you behind an enemy, or charge and knock them down, or multi-hit
or pure magic is the best. force push sends out a wave that staggers or knocks down things around you, destroys doors in a village, so fun

crawl.berotato.org:8080/#lobby

it takes time to get used to, but its really fun, and extremely difficult, very relaxing too.

There's a lot of lore m8. They've even released 4 graphic novels by now.

Wew that's some ugly cunt

>PoE used to fry my hardware

Limiting your framerate with Vsync helps.

you're only as old as you tell yourself you are

pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1703254

Fast paced hardcore gameplay is just not my thing anymore.
I played Quake 2 successfully on an international level when I was in my 20s. Maybe I've just done too much and burned out.

This
GOAT

Ever wanted to go to North Korea and fuck their shit up?

>Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction

Is there any game like magicka that has alive pvp scene?
Diablo and the likes are grind fest. Dota is repetitive and team game.

Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance, EU4, any Command and Conquer game.

SC BW remastered is coming out this summer. Enjoy.

FTL, micromanagement exploring based game. You might like it if you're into starcraft, as am I.

I enjoy this game very much. D2 was the best game i ever played. I put in hours and ended up doing most of the stuff that was there to do, apart from joining DC hunting. D3 was a total dissapointment when it came out. Bought the original game, played it for about 2 weeks and was done with it. Then i started play PoE on my crappy pc and it was awesome. I stopped for a while and no i am at it again. But honestly i don't recommend it if you hate grinding. I am not very experienced with the game, but i like the options it gives you and the way the whole system works

You said no fps but here's my alltime favorite
just get the GOTY version. its a RPG FPS

hes right ive sunk nearly 20 days worth in hours into that game

ftl is a bomb mate
just try it, don't look at it

Underrated, huge patch incoming in like June

b8 harder

DC hunting was tedious as hell and could get you tempbanned if you did it hardcore style by creating and leaving games until you were on the right server IP. It wasn't fun at all.

Six fucking new acts man. Also Cyclone fix. Can't wait.

path of exile is one of my top played games AND its free to play.

i can offer some help to anyone trying to get into it but is still struggling.
think ill play some PoE today.

I'm playing Hyperdimension Neptunia (pls don't judge) until Fall of Oriath hits.
I've had all 4 games sitting in my backlog for ages and needed something different for a while.

It's a pretty good JRPG actually if you look over all that moe shit and fanservice. More complex than any of the newer Final Fantasy games.

The fanservice is pretty intense, tho. The after battle screen where you're told how much XP you got, etc. sometimes literally has one of the girls fall on her ass with spread legs so you can look at her panties.

DefCon. Darwinia. Freelancer. Oregon Trail.

I'm installing PoE right now but from a Europoor server. Worst thing seems to do the passive attributes without knowing what the fuck you'll find. It also seems harder to find people to play with than in Diablo where the games were called appropriately or there were channels to hang out in.

Just ask on global chat. It's not that hard. There are even special channels dedicated to parts of the content. Like there's one for people who want to run endgame maps, one for master missions, etc.

All servers (well most of them. i think china is left out because the local publisher turned it into a pay2win game) are connected, btw. Doesn't matter where you play from.

Also you can refund passives. You get some refund points from quests and there are also orbs of regret that give you one point per use.

>without knowing what the fuck you'll find

Oh and you can zoom out on the passive tree. You can see the whole thing from the start.

Thanks. I've played it a bit years ago but basically you have to set passives with already items/gems in mind, not knowing whether you'll ever get them. And in all the time I put in, I'd never found anything worthwhile or came close to doing maps. Which is fine though, I just want to take my time and look at every level and lore once.

at the top of the passive tree is a search function that will highlight related strings.

passive tree can be as straight forward as simply stacking extra damage, crit, defenses, or keystones can unlock some unique potential to your class such as reduce HP to 1 but resist chaos/poison damage.

you have a couple options there. first thing to do is determine your damage output e.g. elemental+phys, ele+ranged, pure phys, etc.
after that determine your defense type, more or less: armor= strength based, evasion = dex, energy shield = int
you can also use a combo of these defenses.

world chat is # if i remember correctly, there are also channels you can join in world chat,

Go play Mario 64 and get ptsd, faggot. The hardest and annoying game ever.

Skill gems are a lot easier to get nowadays.

You get tons from quests at first and later on you can even buy them from NPCs and masters in your hideout.