I really regret watching Mr Robot week by week...

I really regret watching Mr Robot week by week. The show is so slow paced that I'd rather have just watched the whole season in one or two sittings.

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470915903818.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0
youtube.com/watch?v=BSsKzp0H4O4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

do we really need a 20 minute dream sequence? that shit was stupid as fuck

What is this show even about?
All I've heard is that it's edgy and I think people talked about gay sex happening in it.

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1470915903818.webm

yea i was pretty pissed about it...i was like omg please don't be like this the whole ep.

This scene really jumped the shark, it did not need to be 20 minutes

Basically imagine if someone made a tv show out of Fight Club, but instead of it being about some guys coming together to beat eachother up and let off testosterone, it's about youtube.com/watch?v=drJWxMLrpE0

at first I did not like it, but by the end of it I was completely drawn in. Good job of the cast and crew to make a quasi-parody out of a pretty serious show still compelling. Obviously there were lots of callbacks and Easter eggs. However, if that is how they tell us Tyrell is dead and theres no more explanation, IDK if I will continue watching then

I read longboard as longboat at first and thought to myself "Fucking vikings".

I'm shocked anyone is watching it week by week.
The show moves the plot slowly, I stopped watching it in s2e2

I got tired of the "GUYS IM CRAZY, I CAN BARELY CONTROL MYSELF, LOOK HOW CRAZY I AM"

We had something similar in season 1 but at least the plot with Elliot was moving

How do you put something inside a longboard?

It's just a piece of wood, how did the hobo put something INSIDE?

Yeah the worst part of that show by far is when he gets quantum leaped into an american soldier fighting in the pacific and he throws rocks in a japs head. I just didn't see how that tied into the storyline, but hey, I guess he is crazy.

>le netflix model
>>>/reddit/

They really shouldnt've let Esmail direct every episode.

Just finished preacher and mr robot. I need something new to watch. Any suggestions? I don't get the hate on preacher, I enjoyed it.

exactly this

season 1 was so much stronger, I'm still enjoying S2 but having Esmail direct everything is really dragging the show down

The best part of the episode is when Eliot isn't in it.

Why don't you just avoid terrible programing?

i'm watching the episode right now. this dream sequence is killing me, it's so boring. i'm only 10 minutes in and i can already say for sure that this is the worst mr robot episode ever.

esmail has been spamming his shitty show on Sup Forums since it started.

Since when did el nino polla get a TV show?

This thread is full of underage

>wah this dream sequence is boring when is mr robot gonna say fuck religion and corporations again

I'm enjoying this season but yeah, it's very slow paced.
They could really trim down 30% of each episode.

ITT: 18+

what the fuck are you talking about? that dreamy sitcom sequence was the most cringy manchild shit I've ever seen, 4TH WALL LMAO

>muh ep*c 80's and 90's sitcom references

fuck off, this dream sequence was way too long.

cuz only oldfags like us will get the dream sequence rite xd

I don't even play the shitty network's game. I wait for a season to be mostly over and then download the whole thing and watch it as fast as I please. Shows are much more coherent this way. The only thing I have to live with is spoilers, which is not a big deal. There are no reveals in tv anymore.

>Live thread: Everyone applauds the dream sequence
>Post thread: Everyone blasts the dream sequence

what happened

You sound like a 16 year old that ALWAYS has to feel like their opinion is the right opinion.
Grow up, because no one likes someone like that.

so many words, yet you're saying nothing but 'lol ur a kid'. the dream sequence was garbage, deal with it and your shitty taste

And you're not saying why you thought it was garbage other that, "LOL TOO LONG".
Give some legitimate criticism that has a point and maybe then people would take you seriously.
Also the second you start cursing in your rebuttal, it loses all credibility.
Learn it now before you think it holds some weight in the future.

why are you getting so upset about the fact that the majority of people in this thread disliked the sequence?

esmail please

You're the one that started cursing, right here

It's still at the same fucking place for elliot

Re-read the second sentence.

Not me. You can check the ID tags if you want.
If you don't know how to do that, you shouldn't be on here.

oh, so you're just trolling, got it.

HAHAHAH got you you smelly faggot

and here i thought the rant about religion was cringey.

i get it, elliot's getting beaten up badly. no need for 20 minutes of fantasy world. just move on with the god damn plot instead of this filler garbage

>he posted something that disagrees with me
>MUST BE TROLLING

No, you're not bringing any real argument as to why you thought it was bad.
Guess you words don't matter.

tell me why you liked it

See ya next week tho, faggots.
Love esmail

This

and the other thread really demonstrate how much some people want to hate on something like Mr. Robot (lazy basis) more than appreciate it's finer points and qualities.

Same old Sup Forums

it's a great show overall, but that doesn't make 20 minutes of pointless filler good.

Do you like sugar or cream in your coffee? How much? None, or dislike coffee overall?

go back 2 reddit

It told us a lot actually if you paid attention you pleb.

However I do hope it's not going to be "high concept" bullshit like the shit that ruined Community and Rick&Morty

How do you know it was filler?

dream sequence automatically means filler for some. actually it was used as a story telling device.

i don't mind it's length, it was just shit. it would be shit if it was 2 minutes long. kudos for doing something different, i just wish it was both different and good

what insights have we gained from the filler sequence?

After 2 minutes of this shit I just skipped the dream, because it was so painfully obvious that he would just wake up at the hospital. Did I miss anything other than meme references to 80's sitcoms?

Entertainment and flavor, with seasoning of Mr. Robot

OP here. The dream sequence was actually fucking great. What I mean is that overall the show is so slow that I would have preferred to not start watching it until the whole season was out. I'm fine with slow paced shows when I don't have to wait a week between installments.

That wasn't exactly supposed to be a twist. Wow you're way too smart for this show!!

>there are a few people in this very thread that enjoy filler content

rofl get some fucking taste you dullards

Just because it was obvious from the first episode, doesn't mean it wasn't supposed to be a twist.

ikr? why don't they understand that my taste > your taste

Literally, ugly people: the show

I wanted it go on for the entire episode.

(You)

it's gonna be a "main character wakes up in a padded cell" episode show, isn't it

>Mr. Crazy
Getting really bored of this inane shit.
I liked the first season but now that I think about it I don't even remember why I liked it.

ecorp shills

ALF ran over Gideon. Made the whole dream sequence worth it.

WIGGLE

R
O
O
M

faggot.

thanks for the spoiler, dick.

What did they inject into that guy?

Probably some kind of tracker, since he seemed to be fine when he gave Darlene the device thing.

I don't know but it made me shudder

didn't they simply insert a needle and then break it off, so it sits there in his finger causing pain?

The sitcom thing went on for a bit too long but still, I haven't laughed so hard in a while, it was completely ridiculous.

Id have guessed some poison that makes his finger fall off

They confirmed after the show that it was this, there wasn't anything in the syringe

The amount of diffrent ego's tv shows have to satisfy nowadays is profound, plz stick to your patritian taste which I'm sure don't exist

It seems rather random for Mr Robot to take Elliot to Sitcom Land while he is being beaten, may as well just knock him unconscious as he has done in the past.

Eh. I like the slow burn. And week to week allows me to digest each ep before the next one.

Plus these threads between have people catching things I may have misssd in the previous ep, even as it airs.

I missed the reference to moot / Sup Forums this ep.

Yet as ridiculous as it was, it also gave us a good deal of fucked up backstory.

Sounds like Elliot's dad went crazy when dying from cancer and they became wanted criminals who kidnapped some exsec. Plus it seems their mother was physically abusive to at least Darlene.

The exec was referencing Tyrell, user...

I loved the dream sequence and honestly wished it went on longer. It would have earned its place if it answered the question of "What happened to Tyrell?", but even while ignoring the question, I loved it.

Honestly, it's not the direction that's fucking up the show: it's the pacing. The sitcom stuff would have worked perfectly if the show were paced well enough for a "filler" moment to exist.

It's not filler, it shows why a change in character occurs. Suddenly Elliot hugs his dad instead of hating him

youtube.com/watch?v=BSsKzp0H4O4

>promo teases that we'll finally find out what happened after the hack and Tyrell

It's gonna be another chinese tranny filler instead, right?

so when the shocking revelation hits that, shockingly, elliot (or whoever's delusion this is) was in a mental institution the entire time and everything was just part of his delusion, will it be filler then?

If it's another filler episode I'm gonna quit and watch that stupid ET show instead.

The mental institution thing hasn't made any sense since the third episode. Did you actually watch this one?

Live thread is E-Corp/USA shills paid to shill and get viewers live

>find out I have cancer
>get fired from my job
>decide to start my own computer store
>decide to let my son name it
>son comes up with the dumbest name ever
>mfw I decide to let the cancer kill me

Holy shit that sitcom intro jingle was great

>I missed the reference to moot / Sup Forums this ep.
W-What reference?

I did like pic related reference

They really put effort into this. The 4:3 ratio sells it

I actually enjoyed it. Less annoying than the 20 minute flashback of stupid movie and how Elliot got the idea to make f society.

same, but would get spoiled and while i'm normally fine with getting spoiled, i wouldn't like that to happen for the show.

Dealing wirh a mental illness.

Good fucking God. Also who is this cd hacker bro working for? I forget

It wasn't anymore cringey than Rust religion talks on True Detective which got voted as number 1 show on Sup Forums.

Just when I thought he couldn't get any cuter

chinko army
he probably pulled it out right? looked like he winced when taking off the backpack

I don't know why but Elliot should have his own sitcom would be better than the current show. I liked when he said I can hear laughing.