Newfag here, how do you find new music? Looking around on Spotify doesn't do much for me anymore...

newfag here, how do you find new music? Looking around on Spotify doesn't do much for me anymore, I kinda just find the same old shit. Need to expand my taste a bit more too.

rateyourmusic.com is the best way to find music on the internet

Read the sticky

rym
rutracker
DIY labels from local scenes

Don't stream music by the way, unless you're a normie who listens to top 40 pop rap or urban outfitters core

you posted a memerapper so I feel disgusted spoonfeeding you

Find a youtube channel that supports underground artists - i.e Astari

if you feel like your taste is basic and you want artists of similar genres, then rateyourmusic and last.fm can be good.

Blogs (Fucked By Noise and Stench of Death mainly)
RYM
wikipedia
last.fm
sharethreads
youtube recommendations sometimes

Agree.

And if you're patient and aren't lazy; go to a record store.
If you spend time there you might find some albums that you will like.

>Don't stream music by the way, unless you're a normie who listens to top 40 pop rap or urban outfitters core

lmao what?

my apologies for wanting access to hundreds of albums on my phone and computer in a simple and effective way, I'll try to keep my autism from flaring up in the future

Fuck off

last.fm (explore genre tags and similar artists)
RYM (genre-specific charts function, lists)
Discogs (other projects of band members)
Soulseek (but if you don't share you'll get banned)
Youtube (video suggestions next to uplod of album you like)

This, streaming is disgusting and lazy. Show some dedication - start actually collecting music.

i swear "the internet" peaked around '03. People were still excited and made the effort to search & maybe since speeds weren't fast enough..it was a sweet spot to preview stuff in lo-res & buy what you really like.

I know this doesn't answer you. but now it's beyond easy...it's like holding a book in front of someone & they want you to turn the pages...not trying to sound dickish but its so
so
so
easy now

This is true. Youth today are so bad at using the internet. That is the true reason why streaming services are bad - they make you lazy and complacent. You don't want to put in work to find new music and start your own personal collection, you just want to be entertained.

I stream pretty much exclusively but collect vinyl of albums that I really like. You seriously can't get mad at people for using a service that makes listening to outrageous amounts of music as easy as just searching and pressing play. People will always be attracted to the easier option.

what.cd

>People will always be attracted to the easier option
Yes and as a result they will get lazier and lazier and the result of their work (their music collection or taste) will reflect that laziness.

the human race is becoming lazier in literally every aspect of life as technology advances. don't expect music to be an exception

>the human race is becoming lazier in literally every aspect of life as technology advances
Exactly, that is the problem. However, the solution is not to accept and embrace it, obviously.

I don't go out of my way to find 2017 music since most of it is shit. The good stuff will find me.

the bandcamp feed is an underrated way to find music. you get an account, and then you find other users accounts to follow, and your feed gets filled with whatever they're buying. you can find a lot of musicians on there, Dan Snaith (Caribou), his username is just dansnaith and he has great taste.

oh look, it's that 50 year old guy that hates technology

get off Sup Forums albini

Here's some new music user, u posted a rapper so I guess u enjoy that genre.

Local entertainment company in my hometown of East bumfuck new Hampshire, they have a good # of producers and emcees

homegrowncollective.org
>saint c is good

>east new hampshire
hows that heroin addiction doing you?

you're on Sup Forums, sitting in front of a computer. that's like a "communist" complaining about capitalism on twitter while eating a Big Mac.

okay well you have fun deliberately making life harder for yourself while alienating yourself from literally every other human being

What's your favorite album or an artist you like?
Go on discogs and look them up, then click one of the the record labels. From on the label page see what other artists were being put out by that label around the time that the material you were interested in was being released. You can keep doing this to find artists you like.

This guy knows what he's talking about

You don't like capitalism, heh kid? I guess you hate your parents that were made in a capitalist country.

Label digging on discogs

Lurk Moar

Have you tried your Discovery Weekly playlist on Spotify?

What are you into? Do you want recs?

its not that hard to find new shit really, this is what is do
>Related artists on spotify etc.
>stalk other peoples last.fm who have similar taste to me
>rym
>generally digging around on youtube/soundcloud/bandcamp
>occasionally download random shit off soulseek