What are some examples of musicians who weren't necessarily proficient yet were still incredibly influential?

What are some examples of musicians who weren't necessarily proficient yet were still incredibly influential?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorik
youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ
rollingstone.com/music/news/jaki-liebezeit-can-drummer-and-co-founder-dead-at-78-w462377
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Roger Waters

He was proficient at writing material.

bumpity

half-japanese. both were awful at guitar and drums, but were incredibly influential in the outsider, lo-fi/indie scene

also daniel johnston.

and Moe wasnt?
fuck you bitch ass motherfucker

Brian Eno

Not OP >

Kanye West

>0 talent

bitch do you have a point

OP here, it's incredibly likely you have to have some sort of genius at writing/creating to be influential while also not technically proficient. Unless you're remembered for being bad specifically.

Some of the most talented drummers in history were influenced by her.

Every mainstream artist.

no. you just have to through the unnecessary demands of technical proficiency out the window as they have never been central to the production of great art

flitter on the edges or get to the core

wheeehwee

*throw out

that was the point tho, i didn't make the comment replying to Roger Waters. i wanted more artists like that.

also technical proficiency can certainly affect the production of art. who knows whether Moe would've played the 'motorik' style if she didn't have limitations.

junior kimbrough

the fuck is motorik?
limitation can be a handicap or a choice

alt tunings, a chain in a bucket, just a tanmborine

a tamborine played badly

motorik is a style of drumming

thank you

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorik
youtube.com/watch?v=zndpi8tNZyQ

motorik is sooooo wrong

shit jaki's dead.... where was the sticky?

rollingstone.com/music/news/jaki-liebezeit-can-drummer-and-co-founder-dead-at-78-w462377

you think vitamin c is motorik?

your shit is all wrong
me

moe aint 'motorik'

motorik aint a thing

George Harrison

uhh, this article says it's motorik? i don't really understand your point.

it's a style of drumming whether or not you agree with the label put on it, Dinger called it Apache.

jaki is super proficient and infinitely capable of variety (ie: vitamin C)
that is the exact opposite of Moe Tucker.

they simply dont belong in the same breath.
fuck your critics and historians.

source: im a bird, not an ornithologist. now you choose what you are.

That's literally the point my man, Jaki was one of the most proficient drummers of all time yet was influenced by Moe. Only the term was coined by music journalists, Can literally took influence from TVU, lol. Have you never heard Father Cannot Yell off of Monster Movie?

Both Can and Neu are quoted as taking influence from her. Because they both utilized a style of drumming on some songs doesn't discredit Jaki's talent.

moe is as if jaki decided to tie both his hands behind his back and play with one foot

shes anti proficient
shes anti-rock
and thus is more rock (typical dialectic, you see)

ok, ill check my history, but moe pounding eighth notes on heroin will just never be some german jazz kat playing a groove over and over

if you want to get critical, linguistically, toss out the motorik - its dumb
moe is an intentional primitive - simple as that
theres just nothing primitive about jaki

there exists a primitive groove in much of Can's music though. that's what makes him such a great drummer, he can utilize it at will while moe is forced to.

there's nothing primitive about a 60 minute jam while the entire group is loaded on something or other in their commune?

>there's nothing primitive about a 60 minute jam while the entire group is loaded on something or other in their commune?
the experience might be primitive, but the musicians are not in this case

they might want to approach it, but you only get there by pounding eighth notes, not a funky repetitive groove
its just different.

>a primitive groove in much of Can's music
shits too jazzy m8
nothing primitive about it

lets continue another time... i do the 28 club threads
lol

WOKE DONT CHOKE

its a joke
everyone thinks its serious...

i like this topic

okay pal, thanks for talking.

i will go listen to Jaki's contributions on Michael Rother's albums as a tribute to this convo.

Kurt Cobain