youtube.com/watch?v=IkUKFdacHvo&ab_channel=Jamiexx
youtube.com/watch?v=RaC4Ptc-tas
youtube.com/watch?v=T_7O3Sqo--o
youtube.com/watch?v=xDRfMxxGxlE
youtube.com/watch?v=zSKaLrtA-p8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shut the fuck up with your youtube-core music

Leave now and never come back

Boohoo I have superiror taste in music. I listen to shit sop obscure and retarded sounding I can't appreciate anything that actually sounds good. Boohoo :((((

>being this far gone
i bet you love nightcore too don't you

No I don't.

tell anyone that you listen to monstercat songs and they will call you gay as fuck

Never happened. What do you think is bad about the music huh? The music is excellent and well done in comparison to ther shit. Post one song and I'll find something similar or better on Monstercat

>Post one song
Electronic of course

monstercat literally doesnt sound good tho
ive heard this meme a thousand times and theres popular music that could fit the bill, but monstercat literally oozes autism
this is the shit kids who dont get out of the house often enough but rather play video games and jack off to anime and get bullied at school make

Alright. I'd like you to tell me what exactly doesn't sound good. I'm not saying everything is excellent but the bar is set pretty high.

youtube.com/watch?v=qtMVpL3B_6Y

Do we really have to take you seriously?

It's one basic melody the whole time, different melodies and rhytmic rounds put on top of it. What's so excellent about this?

>rounds
*sounds

Also, there is sometimes an effect put on top to change the basic melody. Is it really that great? It's more boring than anything

Alright, this one is much better in my opinion. The basic melody is handled much better here and it's also not boring. (I know it's shorter and therefore there's less space but still)

youtube.com/watch?v=HJLaDoQzj_Q
Forgot the link

personality-less, over the top, cheesy, derivative, commercial, bland, uninspired, gaudy, trying to quirky and lol so random in an extremely distasteful and garish way, outdated, obsolete, irrelevant, flavour of the month

some of the ways i would describe the music on there and some words apply to some stuff more than others
that is not to say there is a chance there is something decent on the label, but im yet to hear anything worthwhile from there and i assume this to be true for the majority of the label
much like many other big edm labels, it has just become a commercial music factory designed to spew out soulless aimless garbage with mass appeal designed to hype up the next new flavour of the month artist/genre/whatever and drain all the money out of it, be it from sales/shows/whatever, until the audience gets bored and wants something new
to me this is where music goes to die

in ops defense atleast he's asking about music, still leagues more appropriate for this board than every kpop or grimes thread combined

/thread

You asked for it OP

>cheesy
What's wrong with being a bit cheesy?
>derivative
All music is derivative in one way or the other.
>commercial
Nope. Not at all.
>bland
They have a wide variety of artist and genre. Not bland at all.
>uninspired
Everybody does what they think will be good in the end. I actually think many things there are actually pretty original.
>gaudy
No?
>trying to quirky and lol so random in an extremely distasteful and garish way
They have their label, mascot and podcast. Lol so random? Where did you even get that.
>outdated
there's a ton of new artists coming in and it's the best it has been imo
>obsolete
Many bigger names still use Monstercat and they still have tracks that get numbers.
>irrelevant, flavour of the month
Only "flavour of the month" type of music there is Trap.

I'd like you to share what you think IS worth the time. Since you probably haven't heard that much music from the label and only focus on the tracks getting numbers.

there was a couple good ones, but i only listened to monstercat when i was like 12 or 13. ill have to listen to it again. i remember:

adventure time - rouge
new game - nitro fun
some song by au5 i dont remember, fuck

all being good to my 13 year old mind. ill be back with more.

Also, tell me what is bad about these two tracks from Muzzy. I have hear countless hours of DnB and these two newer tracks are with Infected Mushroom still my most favorite.

youtube.com/watch?v=1Rvf-E7zAAY
youtube.com/watch?v=j7mD95_qOb8

Well?

Be honest to yourself. This is dance music, music for your feet not your soul, heart, ears or whatever you use to feel the music. It's purpose is to make you move and if you can appreciate and find art and feels in it well shit good for you but don't expect others to do that as well.

when i say these things, i mean the majority of the artists on the label are replaceable, because there is so much shit out there like it, i feel like the shit on there has no relevance to what is actually shaping and defining culture today, half of the label is stuck in a timewarp producing the same shit they were several years ago and the other half is just jumping from american edm bandwagon to the next (theres everything on the label from """dubstep""", electro house, """deep""" house, trap, hardstyle)
its all overproduced, in-your-face, instant gratification music for the gamer generation who have lost their attention spans for anything that isnt flashy and garish, not only reflected in the music, but how they release music, the videos, the marketing etc.
like fuck there is that much shit on the label i couldnt even tell you what monstercat is even about anymore, theres no vision or personality behind it, its just spewing out shit thats going to make money and please people

I want you as a friend

>Sees thread
>Remembers enjoying some stuff from monstercat when I was in junior high (i.e. Matt Duke- Trainer Battle Remix)
>Revisits Monstercat by clicking links op recommended
>...
>Is in shock how my 12 year old mind evolved into enjoying better electronic music that doesn't sound generic
>Goes back to listening to iglooghost, flying lotus, Jon hopkins, and to the Scott Pilgrim vs. The World VG soundtrack
>Realizes that my electronic music taste isn't wide, but at least it doesn't sound like it came from something like Hot Topic

It's not my cup of tea. I don't see anything memorable about most of these tracks you sent. I don't care what you like desu. If you like it, then you like it... I recommend checking out iglooghost's ep Chinese NĂ¼ Yr because it sounds like something you might enjoy. Check out some flying lotus too

i had a very similar experience, i realized only my young edgy gamer self would enjoy this kind of music on the daily.

honestly some of it still bangs.

OP, don't argue with these hipsters.

I guess it has a "bang." My version of a bang is very different ("death grips bang," I know, very cringe, whatever). I see myself just having this on the background if I for some reason don't have anything else to play but this

I don't even listen to this, but my brother puts it on sometimes and it didn't seem that bad. Why is it so disliked?

This was released in 1981.

Okay, mister hipster. That doesn't really justify anything.

yeah most people just use monstercat as bgm for their gaming videos.

youtu.be/KGVnbiWf5O0
Just go listen to actual bleeps. They do a better job of moving your head and your feet than any of this garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=IkUKFdacHvo&ab_channel=Jamiexx

>hipsters
>2017

you've shiggied my diggities

I honestly never heard of monstercat before this thread, and listening to the tracks posted here, I really hope you're trolling or 14, OP. This is the most generic and boring edm I've ever heard - it's ok to like a bit of cheesy "commercial" music and you don't need to be the biggest music nerd around, but you can do better than this, jesus christ. I'm not sure what would please you (She? Orbital? Caribou? Some Mount Kimbie tracks are pretty catchy, try Sketch on Glass to start with), but please try something else, cause this is just the music equivalent of a sad twinkie.

That really reddited my GTFO

>OP actually being serious
I know for a fact that you are not older than 15.

>This thread

Wrong.

then you are a disgrace to human kind

Not really. Unless you point out things that make monstercat awful with links to songs I'll just put your opininon to the side

People have already done this in this thread. Monstercat is basically marketed towards under 18 gamers. Its alright if your a Kid who plays LoL or something, but its not good for anything else.

Nope. They said it's just general EDM for masses and dance halls which couldn't be more fucking wrong.

Meh, its definitely for masses, but its not really for dance halls, never heard any of these tracks in a club.

yeah it's for gayboys who are under 18 who can't even go to clubs

>For masses
youtube.com/watch?v=RaC4Ptc-tas
youtube.com/watch?v=HJLaDoQzj_Q
youtube.com/watch?v=T_7O3Sqo--o

That second song is literally a shitty Faded rip off, and the other two are nothing special.

Big mistake posting this here dude, Sup Forums hates fun

Seems like it.

> youtube edm background music core
Kill yourself my man, monster cat and its clones are fucking normie tier edm producers. Either you're underage or from reddit

You must have you extremely low standards for fun
youtube.com/watch?v=xDRfMxxGxlE

yes because when i think of fun i think of naming monstercat "artists"

Right back at you

I guess summer is really here. 14 year olds please leave.

I'm a redditor and I still think you're one of the hugest fucking faggots I've ever seen.

Hush,

cause he's my cousin and it's amazing to see how he started with his music and to see where he is now.

youtube.com/watch?v=zSKaLrtA-p8

>he said, while posting from his extensive frog collection.

ew Tokyo Machine was shit. The format was: 1. repeat name of song. 2. Drop. 3. repeat