Serious question time

serious question time.
why does the your mother will die meme work so well?
the honestly get a shit ton of replies all the time.
are people really that retarded or superstitious?
what is happening?

It's a sensitive topic because it's family. People just naturally feel superstitious with that stuff from what I've seen.

because of kids, just like everything else wrong with the internet. stop letting your children on the internet

but it's honestly the most retarded thing ever.
who would actually think their mother would die?
what world is this?

LOG OF SHIT

>are people really that retarded or superstitious?

Yes.

I meant to make a thread about this same thing. I was going to make a life hack poster about not falling for those and it's OCD.

i don't really know.... i've never replied to one. I don't get it. banana and spooderman are bullshit aswell

yeah well banana and spoderman are just to fuck with people
the thing that bothers me is that the mother thing actually makes people believe in some bullshit voodoo magic.
i though we are past this by now as a human race.
makes me really sad

I do it ironically, bro

It's funny seeing a huge train of replies on an incredibly low effort post.

yeah i get why people post them.
i just don't get why it works.

I'm pretty sure that is it.
That's Sup Forums.
If you see something happen more than once, it's because people just participate for the memes. I feel sick for saying that sentence, but I think that's about it.

niggah if this is what makes you sad.....
Things about the human race that make me sad are actually issues. Like the fact that there are so many people who hurt others. People who don't care about other humans. People who take what isn't theirs. People who kill. It just doesn't make any sense. If everyone on earth just got along with eachother, and stopped trying to hurt one another, the human race could be truly great.

stupid people irritate me a lot more than basic human nature to fuck things up.
also pulling the "starving africans" card is not the best move

He's going the round about route. Here's a literal translation of what he means: "stop being a petty whiny bitch"

without religion we would be living in 5017 right now

as if i have anything better to do than whine about pointless shit

I don't think religion prevents time travel m8

what

without christianity we would be living in some random year yes.
i wonder what the year 0 would be without the big J in the sky

obviously I mean, we would be in 5017 in a figurative way, we wouldn't actually be in 5017, we would be much smarter and much further than our current knowledge

yeah religion did make a huge dent is science in the middle ages, but on the other hand religion was the thing that scared people straight waay back in the day.
like the 10 commandments were a huge step in building communities where shit got done. they just used god as a means to scare them.
i don't know how we would be today without them