What should we do after Brexit?

What should we do after Brexit?

Well, You guys want to leave the EU as well. Am I Right?

>posts in a circlejerk board

stockpile proper toblerone and sell it to brexiteers at a massive increase.

No, not really.

As far as I know the krauts and baguettes want to make an Europian army. I really think that we should reform the union a little bit to make it more democratic.

kys cuck

make me krokodil boi

Leave the EU one by one

us first

Finexit

There really is nothing wrong with a european army. The EU itself has its problems but an EU army would benefit every country. Especially the weaker countries would have access to the in theory strongest army in the world.
I agree though that the EU should be more democratic.

Show brits the peaceful ways of EU. BY FORCE!

you'll still do it eventually tho

Leave the EU my dude.

>Switzerland and Norway are the best countries in Europe
>Neither are in the EU
Makes you think

Crash this union.
With no survivors

Both are de facto part of EU tho.

Si l'on n'est plus que mille, eh bien, j'en suis ! Si même
Ils ne sont plus que cent, je brave encor Sylla ;
S'il en demeure dix, je serai le dixième ;
Et s'il n'en reste qu'un, je serai celui-là !

They aren't rich because they're not in the EU, they're not in the EU because they're rich. They've been good countries before the EU was a thing and they never wanted to join because they didn't want to give away their money. Apart from the, Switzerland and Norway are basically in the EU because they have to accept a lot of EU regulations to stay in the single market.

The problem is the language barrier. An army that is unable to understand each other, is a useless army.

>I really think that we should reform the union a little bit to make it more democratic.
In order to do so, the member states would have to hand over sovereignty to EU. I dont think they are willing to do it.

english?

actually, Norway didn't join because of the strong farming/fishing lobby who were afraid of EU competition.

old latin, and change the flag to the roman one, fuck those half assed solutions

I don't think they would be completely mixed, you would have german divisions, spanish divisions and so on that work together but not directly fight together. Basically like it is today with NATO but on a european level with faster decisions and less paperwork.

That was legit problem last maybe a half millenia ago.

You should give us 3rd worlders more EU foreign aid

Those who want to quit the EU quit the EU. Apply standard WTO rules to leavers unless they submit to EU decision making like norway. Simple as that.

French and brits fought alongside on the west front during ww1 and won.

wow, retards
they should have just ignored them and given away their fishing waters like a normal country

> the member states would have to hand over sovereignty to EU

Probably, People fear new stuff because they dont know much about it.

It would be pretty ironic to have the english as the Standard language though I agree It is the easiest way till we dont invent some kind of automatic translator.

That would just encourage people to leave if everyone would get a Norway deal. In the end there would be no EU left. You have to punish people leaving so others won't do the same. Merkel said multiple times she doesn't want punish the UK but you can bet your ass she will so other won't leave too.

kek
No problem then.

Unluckily, the vast majority of Spaniards are monolingual. Not even joking

you can stop using taxpayer's money to save niggers in the mediterranean.

everyone speaks english

>Unluckily, the vast majority of Spaniards are monolingual. Not even joking
We can probably hire mexicans or something to work as translators when spaniards are needed.

our army is already full of sudacas

ckick your ass out of eu, filthy merchant

Then there is no problem, yes?

Not in Spain. It is very odd to find someone who is fluent in English. I live in a town of 20.000 inhabitants and only like three or five persons know to speak your language in the whole town.

Norway along with switzerland and liechtenstein are economic anomalies. They don't want to be a part of EU because they get no benefits out of being a part of it because of their special positions and economies. Normal economies still benefit from the EU simply because of the lack of tariffs and harmonized competition. A country like britain leaving the union doesn't change this fact and as long as there's profit to be made EU will be fine. Punishing brits for being idiots is only petty revenge.

The countries that should be punished hard are EU countries that try to undercut other EU countries by becoming tax havens or undercutting production costs with subsidies. So far Ireland is the worst culprit.

How do you make the EU more democratic? AFAIK the parliament is elected and the council is already made up of ministers from the member countries, so it can only be as democratic as its members.

>How do you make the EU more democratic?
You don't. EU being undemocratic is a meme made up by dictatorships like russia and a country where the position of head of state is hereditiary and the members of the upper house of parliament are appointed from the nobility.

What a fucking joke.

I know, I'm curious what these guys would suggest.

The parliament is elected but the presidents are not elected by the people. That is soviet tier.

Ar you talking about the commission?

we didn't create the EU is undemocratic "meme", most people are just genuinely confused why it works the way it does and why the former chancellor of a German city-state is now representing them on the world stage.

How does the EU president thing even work? Is it rotated between member states?

In the UK we don't vote for our PM. We vote for the party which then appoints one. But there are no parties in the EU right?

Yes.

I'll continue shitposting from my basement.

Regulate the ass out of tax havens, expand Frontex, deepen military integration, create common military d&r and common intelligence. Expand influence over our immediate neighbours to secure our borders and create a common foreign policy on common issues.

They are confused but they don't want to learn. How does the EU work is just a few clicks away from facebook and all the fakenews you can find there.

How will you punish us?

You can't do shit.

>But there are no parties in the EU right?
Well, as far as I understand, those MEPs you vote represent their original parties and form left-centre-right voting blocks or something.

you can't force people to care about things they don't care about.

>strongest army in the world
Wat

Serious question: if, I said if, UK were to be deeply hurt economically after brexit, can the UK government apply the EU membership again in a few years?

Just infomr yourself then, the president of the commission is elected by the european council which is the reunion of all the european head of state. The commission is then approved through a vote by the parliament which is derectly elected by you.
This is not soviet russia tier at all.

Restart fascism.
We'll take them by surprise this time :^)

You actually can. Brexit was a trigger for many people to actually learn what the fuck EU is, me included.
I don't know it all now, but I know a lot more than I did before your vote.

Also Poland with low wages

the parliament should be able to propose legislation for a start
it could be vastly more transparent and you could do away with a lot of the organs

>in theory
yeah, in theory

Do you know who your EU representative is?
Did you vote for the president?
By proxy if you don't say yes did you have any say in the laws they pass?
Does that feel democratic?

Voting is a right but is as well as a duty.
You can't but you should when those same people are given the right to interfere on things they don't want to learn about.

USSR was a single party state with preapproved candidates, the EU parliament meanwhile even has several anti-EU parties where literal retards and can be elected. So I wouldn't say it's communist tier.

Also, the commissioners are picked fro ministers of the member states, so as I said, the EU is only as democratic as its members.

Yes but it would be very tricky and i have no doubt Spain would block us unless we gave them Gibraltar

Memes are easier to parrot than facts.

"EU is literally the soviet union" has a better ring than 60 pages explaining the organisation and goal of EU and how different levels of decision making are democratically elected.

And since the EU is not something that is worth getting fanatic about no one bothers to correct people spouting memes or making the EU out to be something it's not.

Not that democracy actually matters to anyone since your average anti-EU shill loves putin.

Yes, I suppose I should read more about it before talking...

It is wholy undemocratic however.

What about House of Lords? The Royal family? Can you vote for your PM? Could you actually vote for warmonger Blair, or Dave the pig-lover? What are lobbyists? How much corporations have actual power behind the system and is that democratic?
Why is your political system preventing UKIP to get any power even though they got over 3 million votes?

There is many kinds of democracy (like representative), and it would be a bit silly to say that only the EU has these undemocratic traits.

that's not a valid premise. People have actual countries that they have to worry about keeping from going to shit, as well as local elections. Most people have a finite political attention span.

>Spain would block us unless we gave them Gibraltar
Does Spain really want it or just like PRC "wants" Taiwan only to pacify the nationalists in their countries?

Asides of Memes, give really good reasons why You believe this. I need proofs

democracy is a meme anyway. EU should go fully in the direction of technocracy.

Of course, but what a waste of time.

Most Spaniards on here don't seem to give a shit, so I'm sure it's just their government trying to distract the population from other problems like a 20% youth unemployment rate. The entire thing is completely silly because they do the same thing to Morrocco.

I didn't expect this kind of civilized posts in an EU thread on Sup Forums.

I get what you're saying, but that applies to the government in my country as well.

fuck over the UK and make an example out of them

>can the UK government apply the EU membership again in a few years
Yes, but I doubt they would get back their current snowflake position as it has been thorn in EU quite long time.

your elected representatives cannot propose legislation for starters. it has loads of shady random organs that make decisions that are not elected democratically.

your a meme lol

Well you don't vote for your prime minister, do you?

Don't you care about all the Poles and Lithuanians who live there? :(

And the Brits, of course.

Legislation proposition are made by the commission which is an organ directly controlled by heads of state of every country. Those head of states are elected by their people.
This way the union works more like a semi presidential system.

IDK about your peeps but most poles over there are yockels

same goes for the polish population in the USA, and poles who have immigrated to germany post early 90's

> it has loads of shady random organs that make decisions that are not elected democratically.

I see. it is a good reason but We did not elect the laws before We entered the EU. Literally, Our government changed our constitution withouth asking to us. kek

But I do?
You are thinking of burgers
The uk has a strong tradition of government representation
In the 1600s 1 in 3 people have help a government position

I am sorry but everything i am reading lead me to think that the brits to not elect directly their prime minister.
Please explain to me how do british people elect their prime minister.

House of Lords have no really power
If they do anything they will get disbanded
Royal family isn't that hard to work out perkka
>can you vote for your PM
Yes! We aren't like the US
>Dave the pig lover
He was decent desu brought us back from a recession
>Blair
People are extremely divided about him
>how many corporations have power
I would imagine the same as any country lobbying is extremely important and if they did have a hold over the UK we wouldn't be leaving the EU

See Argentina
There country is in a sorry state
Starting an economic war would bolster government support like in Russia

You should let Turkey into the EU. They have a large population of young workers who will do all the Mexican-tier jobs and maybe make a deal to hold all the rapefugees in Turkey in exchange for becoming an EU member. Turkey is also in a strategic geoposition.

We vote for the party, but we don't choose the leader. The parties chooses their leader.

Same as everywhere else.

That's a bit what the refugee deal went like, we send the unaccepted refugees there and give Turks visas in return.

But then they started calling us "literally Hitler" and going all "death to Europe". The EU is already overextended.

>I vote for A party
>my vote goes towards an MP and the PM
>A party did poor across the country
>A did good in my local constituency
>A party is my local rep
>B party is he government Rep
>A party can chalange B party when ever possible

Burgers actually vote for their party leader.
That being said, how is it so different from the EU democracy and how is it more democratic?

No they don't are you insane?
The party picks who they want

what the fuck are you on about

He's not though. The American system is pretty different.

>What should we do after Brexit?
Netherexit, Frexit and V4exit